Gaming Discussion on netbook gaming.

(#1) Old

Send a message via AIM to LegendaryCheez
Default DS Emulator Working? - 02-07-2009, 01:40 AM

I have been trying to get a DS Emulator to work on my mini, and I haven't had any luck running it over an average frame rate of 80% I was wondering if anyone else had any luck with it.

The emulator I have works fine on my desktop, but I could buy 8 minis with the money I spent on it. I know that it is said that your computer has to be approximately 5 times faster than the system for it to be able to emulate it. If we got an N64 emulator to work, we should be able to get a DS, which is only slightly better performance wise.

I have tried NO$GBA with a Pokemon Diamond ROM, and like I said above, is annoyingly playable at an 80% frame rate.
  (#2) Old

Default Re: DS Emulator Working? - 02-13-2009, 10:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegendaryCheez
The emulator I have works fine on my desktop, but I could buy 8 minis with the money I spent on it. I know that it is said that your computer has to be approximately 5 times faster than the system for it to be able to emulate it. If we got an N64 emulator to work, we should be able to get a DS, which is only slightly better performance wise.
I have not tried putting DS emulators on my mini, as I don't have enough space on my drive.
But I have tried NO$GBA on my laptop (1.6 Ghz Intel Dual Core, 2 GB of memory, Compaq stock videocard) and didn't perform great though Project64 works perfect.
So I guess it makes sense that NO$GBA does not run too well on Dell minis that has lower or the same? specs than my laptop.
Seems like NO$GBA is the only "good" one out there for now.
Hopefully, there will be more (and better) DS emulators developed like with Snes and N64.

I put the real DS in my pocket and Dell mini in my backpack whenever I get out of the house. But it would be nice to have more space in my pocket 8-)
  (#3) Old

Default Re: DS Emulator Working? - 03-21-2009, 10:26 AM

I just got my mini and this is what I've noticed:
My N64, and NES emulators run slowly, unless they are in full-screen mode. Then they run perfectly. It's possible that if no$gba had a full screen option then all our troubles would go away.

I've found that during the 3d parts of the Pokemon Diamond intro, I run at %50 (where are you getting 80?) but if I disable sound I get a little more. However during the 2D parts of the intro the game runs just fine.

« Rollercoaster Tycoon 2 for Mini 9 | Age of Empires 3? »