Gaming Discussion on netbook gaming.

(#1) Old

Send a message via MSN to 273BeLow
Default how to get Battlefield 1942 working? - 02-01-2009, 11:15 PM

Hi

seen two posts saying they have Battlefield 1942 working on their mini9 can't for the life of me get this to run!

Have the game installed and patched to latest version 1.6 using the mini cd image or no cd patch (both of which work on my two gaming PC's fine) the game shows the Battlefield 1942 splash screen then goes back to desktop, the application is then no longer running if you check tast manager.

Everything is up to date, video drivers direct x is 9c and I have 2Gb ram installed, this is the XP 16Gb top end UK mini 9.

I didn't buy it with gaming in mind at all but stuck in Birmingham for work for another two weeks and fancied desert combat (the amazing MP mod) as a night time distraction other than the local bars!

Cheers
  (#2) Old

Default Re: how to get Battlefield 1942 working? - 02-03-2009, 06:12 AM

According to this thread by teeth_03, it's playable at lowest settings. You might have to edit the settings manually. See this guide for some pointers!
  (#3) Old

Send a message via MSN to 273BeLow
Default Re: how to get Battlefield 1942 working? - 02-17-2009, 03:44 PM

okay very weird.

Installed the game fine but would not load past splash screen. Any amount of playing with the settings manually had no change to getting it to run.

Then by accidental chance I launched the copy from the folder I had copied off my main gaming PC (copied the whole BF1942 folder for mods to my minis external hard drive) and it ran! Everything was set to highest just had to drop the settings down and works fine now, all rather weird!

Just thought I'd post in case anyone tries to install BF1942 and has same problem, seems installing it to latest version then replacing game folder with one from another computer works a treat.
  (#4) Old

Default Re: how to get Battlefield 1942 working? - 02-17-2009, 06:07 PM

I never tested it myself,someone else posted it and I added it to the list

Ascension78 posted it as green

Mini Gaming Addict List of Playable Games Current Favorite: Darwinia
*Sold My Mini 9*
  (#5) Old

Default Re: how to get Battlefield 1942 working? - 02-22-2009, 10:37 AM

i dont know if thiw will help, but i had that exact problem with battlefield 2, on my gaming desktop. To fix it, i reinstalled it, and at the end of install it says would you like to restart now, and i clicked no, and for some reason, that made the spash screen come up, and then the game closed. so re-install, and click re-start now, and it should work. im fairly into computers and gaming, and thats the first time i'd ever seen something wrong that was that easy to fix, hope this helps

« EA games on Dell Mini 9 | How To: Counter Strike Source. »