Gaming Discussion on netbook gaming.

(#1) Old

Default Help? - 01-09-2009, 09:11 PM

I tried to get COD, Deus Ex and zoo tycoon on my mini. I first tried to get the ISO from the CD using InfaRecorder. That did not work so I tried MagicISO. Worked well but when I try to play the setup will not play. I have tried using the autorun and manually clicking on the setup file. Both times the command prompt comes up briefly and then nothing.

Anyone got any ideas or had this prob???
  (#2) Old

Default Re: Help? - 01-10-2009, 01:39 PM

Have you got much space left on your SDD? Tiger Woods wouldn't install as it saw less than 2GB spare on my SSD. Keep running the setup file. Does the DOS window say can;t load program into memory or something like that? If so it's due to not having enough space on your C drive. It;s a poor way of installing the game by the designers TBH.

Everything's Blue, Everything's Blue In This World, All Fuzzy, Spilling Out Of My Head.
  (#3) Old

Default Re: Help? - 01-10-2009, 03:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heed
Have you got much space left on your SDD? Tiger Woods wouldn't install as it saw less than 2GB spare on my SSD. Keep running the setup file. Does the DOS window say can;t load program into memory or something like that? If so it's due to not having enough space on your C drive. It;s a poor way of installing the game by the designers TBH.
Thanks for your reply. Yes I don't have much space left on my C drive and sadly there is not a option to install on a SD card when I tried on my PC. But I have found a way at last! The DRM on the CD was stopping the Setup on the ISO file when I created it. So then I installed the game on to my PC, transfered it to the mini and because the files were already installed i did not have to run the steup.exe file and just mounted the ISO file with deamon tools!
  (#4) Old

Send a message via MSN to 273BeLow
Default Re: Help? - 01-16-2009, 03:36 PM

Deus Ex does not need a cd/image to run (unless you have a very old copy of the game) I just copied the folder over from my main PC and it runs great, all you have to do is add a shortcut to the game .exe where you want.

You can also get copies of game .exe files which will run without the need for a cd image, this as far as I am aware is totally legal when you already own the game and is great on both a gaming PC where you would have to swap discs before and for the mini where space to keep CD/DVD images is not something you want to waste.
  (#5) Old

Default Re: Help? - 01-17-2009, 01:39 PM

I have a weird copy of deus ex that came with "sold out software," and you need a disk for that :S .... 1st time i have played on it and i cant get past 1st level lol. very hard or els i just suck :P

« Popcap games | MAME »