Gaming Discussion on netbook gaming.

(#1) Old

Default Could anyone help me with installing mame on osx - 02-16-2010, 02:21 PM

Hi

I'm quite new to osx but have managed to get a few emulators up and running well on my 10v. I first of all tried the latest build of mame os x. Now this runs well but I cant get the keyboard working (None HID keyboard I believe). I then downgraded to the 0.112 build which accepts my keyboard but I cant get my usb joypad working. I then tried macmame which seems great until I tried a game, the thing runs so damn slow.

Does anyone run sdlmame on a mini and if so how does it run? I know you have to compile it yourself and this part im kinda stuck with as you also have to put a frontend on it. Any help would be much appreciated

Rob
  (#2) Old

Default 02-17-2010, 04:00 AM

Well after hours of trying different versions of sdlmame and frontends ive finally done it Finally I have full keyboard support, joypad support and it runs everything at full speed (well what ive tried anyway).

If anyone likes mame and wants a excellent version for there mini I can tell you what I used and try give advice where I can

Rob
  (#3) Old

Default Mame and Leopard??? - 02-26-2010, 11:37 PM

Hi Rob,

I have two minis.
One running Snow Leopard and one running Leopard.

The one running Snow Leopard runs mame pretty well without sound but the one running Leopard won't launch mame at all.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

Wherever to go... there you are.
  (#4) Old

Default 02-27-2010, 12:46 AM

hi Buckaroo Banzai

I replied to your other thread in osx general

Rob
  (#5) Old

Default 04-23-2010, 06:55 PM

HI Rob, Can you help me with running Mame osx on my snow leopard mini? Im downgraded to ver112 also. I couldn't get usb game pads working. Hitting Tab to configure the controllers work but game pad movements don't register. I really know nothing with SDLmame. Kinda intimidated with compiling and what not. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
  (#6) Old

Default 04-24-2010, 09:29 AM

Hi mspeed14

If you dont feel upto compiling your own you could get the version posted here SDLMAME for Mac OS X (Universal Binary Builds) . You will need the 32 bit universal binary. Compiling your own would be so much better and the emulator would run much faster as it would be optimised for your machine but you could give this version a go to see how you get on.

You would then need this frontend http://mameicons.free.fr/mame32p/dow...l-20100305.zip . Just extract and place the contents into the sdlmame folder. Use the m+gui to lauch mame and it will ask you for the mame application, just browse it to your sdlmame folder and click on the icon named 'mame'. I think thats about it really

Let me know how you get on!
  (#7) Old

Default 04-25-2010, 02:46 AM

mamepgui won't run. i was able to point to sdlmame0137 butthen it unxepectdly quits. Now each time i try and launch it quits all the time.

how does one compile? got any step by step instructions you can point me to?
thanks again
  (#8) Old

Default 04-25-2010, 10:49 AM

hmmm strange I've never had a problem running m+gui. Is it quitting as soon as you launch it or when your trying to run a game?

The best guide I've found for compiling is here New build instructions for SDLMAME on Mac OS X - Emuversal Bulletin Board
  (#9) Old

Default 04-26-2010, 07:33 AM

its quitting as right after i launch. i can even pick a game. I tried downloading mame tunes and i think i was able to set it up right. pointing to sdlmame, auditing games, etc. but games dont launch. only tried the SF2 games though. i guess ill try compiling my own with that link u sent. but then ill still need a front end right? ill retry mamepgui again. Even after deleting the preference file i was still getting launch failures.
I just wish mame osx would just work with usb gamepads like it does on my other macs. Genesis plus, nestopia all work fine for me on my dell mini10v hack. O well.
  (#10) Old

Default 04-26-2010, 07:15 PM

Hi mspeed14

Did you download the correct version of sdlmame? You need the 32 bit universal binary! I've never had a problem using m+gui frontend so not sure what the problem could be there. Compiling your own version of sdlmame is certainly the best way and it will run at a much faster speed on the 10v hackintosh

« N64 on mini 10v osx | Neverwinter Nights 1 on Ubuntu: TIPS »