Gaming Discussion on netbook gaming.

(#1) Old

Default Best Games for Dell Mini? - 12-09-2009, 05:29 PM

I'm looking for a game that runs well on my 10v but also is GOOD. I looked at the thread with all the games but i dont knjow which ones are good.
So, what are your favorite games?
  (#2) Old

Default 12-14-2009, 12:22 AM

I like to play Quake live, and you don't need to install anything. Just go to quakelive.com and it will do everything for you. (needs firefox or ie) free mmofps

Yay me for my Dell mini 10v. 120gb.
  (#3) Old

Default 12-17-2009, 01:36 AM

I bet half life and maybe even half life 2 would work with low settings. Half life games are really fun, and counter strike is made by the same company, and it is fun too. Counter strike (the first one) would probably work fine with normal settings, while counter strike source would probably work good with low settings.

I like racing games, and my favorite racing game is colin mcrae rally 2005. It has good graphics, and you can play on normal settings probably.

I never played quake or unreal tournament, but people say those games are good. Fear Combat is free, and it might work with low settings.

A good thing you can do is go to gamespot.com, click the PC tab, click all games under that, and then scroll down the list and click "Browse All Games." Anything released around 2005 or earlier should work good. 2006 might work good, but 2007 may be pushing it.

I doubt you will be getting bioshock or DiRT to work with the 10v

i forgot Grand Theft Auto. I totally love those games so much. GTA 3 would probably work great on the 10v, but GTA San Andreas will be slower. With GTA SA, you probably have to turn the settings down most of the way. With most games, you have to reduce settings, but who cares as long as the story is good. Even with the lowest settings, the games still look fine most of the time.
  (#4) Old

Send a message via MSN to nollie
Default 12-17-2009, 08:16 AM

Age of Empires II
Plants Vs. Zombies
World of Goo
Teeworlds
Peggle
Crayon Physics Deluxe
SNES/NES/N64 Emulators

Dell Mini 9 - 64GB Runcore - 2GB RAM - Windows 7 - 16GB SD - Jolicloud Beta
  (#5) Old

Default 12-20-2009, 12:55 AM

It depends what you're interested in, but OpenTTD (aka Transport Tycoon), has kept me occupied for at least 10 years.
  (#6) Old

Default 12-23-2009, 05:43 PM

Check out Fate (PC RPG), Monopoly Deluxe (Old Windows Version of Monopoly), Peggle, Zuma, Chuzzle, Amazing Adventures 1+2. They run quite well on the Dell Mini 9. Also, you can run PSOne games easily on it too. [EPSXE].

Dell Inspiron Mini 9 / Custom XP Pro SP3 / 2GB Mushkin RAM / 4GB Stock SSD / Mini BT USB Dongle / 16GB Class 6 SDHC
  (#7) Old
Administrator

Default 12-25-2009, 02:08 AM

Peggle Nights. Bejeweled Twist won't play.

Steve
Mini 9|2GB RAM|64GB RunCore|Intel 5300|Windows 10
  (#8) Old
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to rrfranczak3 Send a message via MSN to rrfranczak3 Send a message via Yahoo to rrfranczak3
Cool 12-27-2009, 01:53 AM

just tried Peggle Nights and it plays fine (was in the Win 7 partition at the time)...I even ran it thru my network off of my server and it played....havent tried off of the Mini, but if it plays (fullscreen) thru the network, it has to play off the Mini also...it took about 2 1/2 minutes to load but I figure some of that was do to going wireless to the router to the server that has the game on it..gonna try again after I move the game across the network and see how it runs off the Minis own HD, then I will try Bejeweled Twist next..will edit with the results..

EDIT 1: moved Peggle Nights across the network over to the HD on the Mini, load time was down to 20-25 seconds/full screen, no screen lag, no choppiness, game played very smooth....gonna try to get a couple of screen shots..gotta load snagit 1st

EDIT 2: Also moved Bejeweled Twist onto the Mini, load time was about 63 seconds, loaded, played..no screen lag, no choppiness, no sound issues..

both games were running with the sidebar running, have a clock and weather that is updated constantly and games still ran, might run even better if I killed the sidebar.exe process

games not running might be to the difference in graphics accelerators, Mini 10 with the GMA500 and the Mini 10v with the GMA950...maybe thats the problem, dont know but they run on the Mini 10, most of these posts were from the Mini 10v or Mini 9

Dell Mini 10 (Obsidian Black 1010), 2gb RAM, 1.66ghz 533mhz FSB (Z530) processor, A10 BIOS, 1 Terabyte (1000 GB) WD Scorpio Blue Hard Drive (5400rpm), Intel GMA 500 Integrated Graphics, TV Tuner, Bluetooth 2.1 module with EDR, 1.3mp Camera, 1366x768 HD Screen, Wireless 1510 b/g/n mini card, 6 cell (56WHr) Battery, 4gb SDHC, 64gb Flashdrive, Targus Netbook Chillpad, Targus Sport Case, Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 (500gb)/Windows 8.1 (500gb) (Dual Boot)

iPad 4 (64gb) w/Retina,Targus Versavu Case
  (#9) Old

Default 01-07-2010, 10:57 AM

Plants Vs. Zombies
World of Goo
Teeworlds
Peggle
Age of Empires II
  (#10) Old

Default 01-17-2010, 08:16 PM

on steam for $9.99 a good game by the name of Zombie bowl-o-rama runs on median graphics and runs perfect no lag runs great!!!

Dell mini 10(1010),160GB HD,2GBRAM,Vista 32bit,1.6GHz z530
http://www.cherokeeforum.com/members...-flowchart.jpg

« fallout 2 | Not able to play Age of Empires II on my Dell Mini Inspiron 10 with N450 processor »