Gaming Discussion on netbook gaming.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  (#1) Old
darkcloud23 darkcloud23 is offline
Member
 
Posts: 31
Join Date: Nov 2009
Default help! - 11-29-2009, 07:14 AM

how do i install diablo 2 lod and warcraft 3 on my mini10?
and how would i play them without the disk?
i read somewhere that you can download them off blizzards store, with the CD keys? anyone know anything about that?
Reply With Quote
  (#2) Old
darkcloud23 darkcloud23 is offline
Member
 
Posts: 31
Join Date: Nov 2009
Default 11-30-2009, 10:44 PM

any help would be great....
Reply With Quote
  (#3) Old
gospeed.racer gospeed.racer is offline
Senior Member
 
gospeed.racer's Avatar
 
Posts: 383
Join Date: Jan 2009
Default 12-01-2009, 01:22 AM

one way is to install using an external drive and then use daemon tools to emulate a drive. Do some searching, I havent used it just heard about it a lot. Here is the forum...
http://forum.daemon-tools.cc/ and the Wikipedia http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daemon_Tools

There are probably other "hack" ways to do it, but this is probably one of the more legit ways.
Reply With Quote
  (#4) Old
darkcloud23 darkcloud23 is offline
Member
 
Posts: 31
Join Date: Nov 2009
Default 12-01-2009, 10:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gospeed.racer View Post
one way is to install using an external drive and then use daemon tools to emulate a drive. Do some searching, I havent used it just heard about it a lot. Here is the forum...
THE DAEMON TOOLS FORUM and the Wikipedia Daemon Tools - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

There are probably other "hack" ways to do it, but this is probably one of the more legit ways.
i already got daemons tools, i not really sure how to work it, but ill figure it out.
ty dude
so all i gotta do now is get the iso of d2 and wc3?
Reply With Quote
  (#5) Old
gospeed.racer gospeed.racer is offline
Senior Member
 
gospeed.racer's Avatar
 
Posts: 383
Join Date: Jan 2009
Default 12-01-2009, 10:12 PM

If you have the legit install cd's, just install it as normal. Then, open daemon tools and add the game, it should start up and read the drive for a bit to see what the game wants. From there on, it should store that info and never need the cd again. At least, from the notes I read anyway. If you dont have access to any optical drive at all, then it becomes harder!
Reply With Quote
  (#6) Old
darkcloud23 darkcloud23 is offline
Member
 
Posts: 31
Join Date: Nov 2009
Default 12-03-2009, 02:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gospeed.racer View Post
If you have the legit install cd's, just install it as normal. Then, open daemon tools and add the game, it should start up and read the drive for a bit to see what the game wants. From there on, it should store that info and never need the cd again. At least, from the notes I read anyway. If you dont have access to any optical drive at all, then it becomes harder!
i dont have one of those diskdrive thingys
Reply With Quote
  (#7) Old
rrfranczak3 rrfranczak3 is offline
Super Moderator
 
rrfranczak3's Avatar
 
Posts: 2,902
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Upstate New York, U.S of A.
Send a message via AIM to rrfranczak3 Send a message via MSN to rrfranczak3 Send a message via Yahoo to rrfranczak3
Cool 12-03-2009, 02:59 PM

get yourself a couple of USB flashdrives and copy the install cd's to the flash drive and install from there...4gb flashdrives are about $20 (USD) a piece and with a mini you will use them over & over, they are good even for backing up your mini......

PS: I dont know why you are wasting your time on this anyway, the game will probably run way too slow to actually enjoy playing it, it still amazes me that people try to treat these minis as a full size laptop, they do not have the processors or graphic chipsets to handle most games, and if the do run they will most likely run choppy or very slow, these minis were basically made for surfing the internet and email, word processing they will never perform the way people expect them to, even as a DVD player a lot of movies do not play correctly, I have many movies on file, I have the HD (1366x768..720p quality) screen and 500gb drive and some movies play ok some dont, and the sound that comes out of these things leaves a lot to be desired....In most cases I can hardly hear mine....I use external speakers most of the time....I have the TV tuner on mine and it really dosent work that well either..Good Luck


Dell Mini 10 (Obsidian Black 1010), 2gb RAM, 1.66ghz 533mhz FSB (Z530) processor, A10 BIOS, 1 Terabyte (1000 GB) WD Scorpio Blue Hard Drive (5400rpm), Intel GMA 500 Integrated Graphics, TV Tuner, Bluetooth 2.1 module with EDR, 1.3mp Camera, 1366x768 HD Screen, Wireless 1510 b/g/n mini card, 6 cell (56WHr) Battery, 4gb SDHC, 64gb Flashdrive, Targus Netbook Chillpad, Targus Sport Case, Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 (500gb)/Windows 8.1 (500gb) (Dual Boot)

iPad 4 (64gb) w/Retina,Targus Versavu Case
Reply With Quote
  (#8) Old
darkcloud23 darkcloud23 is offline
Member
 
Posts: 31
Join Date: Nov 2009
Default 12-04-2009, 09:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrfranczak3 View Post
get yourself a couple of USB flashdrives and copy the install cd's to the flash drive and install from there...4gb flashdrives are about $20 (USD) a piece and with a mini you will use them over & over, they are good even for backing up your mini......

PS: I dont know why you are wasting your time on this anyway, the game will probably run way too slow to actually enjoy playing it, it still amazes me that people try to treat these minis as a full size laptop, they do not have the processors or graphic chipsets to handle most games, and if the do run they will most likely run choppy or very slow, these minis were basically made for surfing the internet and email, word processing they will never perform the way people expect them to, even as a DVD player a lot of movies do not play correctly, I have many movies on file, I have the HD (1366x768..720p quality) screen and 500gb drive and some movies play ok some dont, and the sound that comes out of these things leaves a lot to be desired....In most cases I can hardly hear mine....I use external speakers most of the time....I have the TV tuner on mine and it really dosent work that well either..Good Luck
ty dude, i was wondering if you can do that, since you can install linux like that
and my mini is all i got atm, and i need to feed my gaming addiction lawlz
and yea, the sound on these KILL ME
i have to use my skullcandys(best headphones ever btw) on this

---------- Post added at 09:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:45 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrfranczak3 View Post
get yourself a couple of USB flashdrives and copy the install cd's to the flash drive and install from there...4gb flashdrives are about $20 (USD) a piece and with a mini you will use them over & over, they are good even for backing up your mini......

PS: I dont know why you are wasting your time on this anyway, the game will probably run way too slow to actually enjoy playing it, it still amazes me that people try to treat these minis as a full size laptop, they do not have the processors or graphic chipsets to handle most games, and if the do run they will most likely run choppy or very slow, these minis were basically made for surfing the internet and email, word processing they will never perform the way people expect them to, even as a DVD player a lot of movies do not play correctly, I have many movies on file, I have the HD (1366x768..720p quality) screen and 500gb drive and some movies play ok some dont, and the sound that comes out of these things leaves a lot to be desired....In most cases I can hardly hear mine....I use external speakers most of the time....I have the TV tuner on mine and it really dosent work that well either..Good Luck
hows win7?
Reply With Quote
  (#9) Old
rrfranczak3 rrfranczak3 is offline
Super Moderator
 
rrfranczak3's Avatar
 
Posts: 2,902
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Upstate New York, U.S of A.
Send a message via AIM to rrfranczak3 Send a message via MSN to rrfranczak3 Send a message via Yahoo to rrfranczak3
Cool 12-04-2009, 11:03 PM

Win 7 runs great on my mini, the camera works, bluetooth...etc...no problems at all, probably will shrink my xp partition down to nothing and increase win 7...one of these days..


Dell Mini 10 (Obsidian Black 1010), 2gb RAM, 1.66ghz 533mhz FSB (Z530) processor, A10 BIOS, 1 Terabyte (1000 GB) WD Scorpio Blue Hard Drive (5400rpm), Intel GMA 500 Integrated Graphics, TV Tuner, Bluetooth 2.1 module with EDR, 1.3mp Camera, 1366x768 HD Screen, Wireless 1510 b/g/n mini card, 6 cell (56WHr) Battery, 4gb SDHC, 64gb Flashdrive, Targus Netbook Chillpad, Targus Sport Case, Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 (500gb)/Windows 8.1 (500gb) (Dual Boot)

iPad 4 (64gb) w/Retina,Targus Versavu Case
Reply With Quote
  (#10) Old
darkcloud23 darkcloud23 is offline
Member
 
Posts: 31
Join Date: Nov 2009
Default 12-05-2009, 01:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrfranczak3 View Post
Win 7 runs great on my mini, the camera works, bluetooth...etc...no problems at all, probably will shrink my xp partition down to nothing and increase win 7...one of these days..
kool, i havn tryed it yet, been scarred to try anything since vista
Reply With Quote
Reply

« Halo | Diablo 2 on A90 Sound issues. Help! »
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Copyright © 2008-2016 MyDellMini.com.