Gaming Discussion on netbook gaming.

(#1) Old

Default Play Xbox 360 or PS3 on the Mini? - 11-08-2009, 08:28 PM

Anyone have any ideas on how I could hookup my PS3 or 360 to a mini 9?

I basiclly want to bring along one of my systems when I travel for business and use the Mini 9's screen as a monitor.

The problem is there is no video in.

I was trying to figureout if there is something I could add to do this?
  (#2) Old

Default 11-09-2009, 02:59 PM

Google is your friend. From another forum:

"You can use your laptop screen for your XBOX 360 if you have the Elgato EyeTV Hybrid, as that functions as the AV convertor that allows you to play your XBOX 360 on your laptop. Only one drawback: It's $129."

White OSX 10.6.2 / 2GB HyperX / 64GB RunCore / 32GB Kingston SDHC / 0.3Mpx / Samsung TruDirect Slot-load DVD / Iomega eGo 320GB ext HD / BT micro-dongle / MS BT 5000 Mouse / Psyopper Custom Slim Profile Sleeve / XS BBP Hybrid Hampton Bag
  (#3) Old
Retired Mini user

Default 11-09-2009, 03:01 PM

Any USB-tuner that supports your system's video outputs would work. A number of USB tuners have dongles that accept either composite, S-Video or component video.

Getting an iPad
  (#4) Old
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to bmcclure937
Default 11-09-2009, 03:18 PM

You just need to be careful that you purchase something that does not to encoding on-the-fly... as this does not matter with other input sources as much as games.

If your interface box does some sort of encoding on the fly when you are playing games, you will see a noticeable lag and will surely be unable to play because it will be so unbearable. You would not be able to accurately control your game

Just a thought. Many USB tuners/ interfaces work fine with video in, but others will not.

 Mini 10v  | 2Gb RAM | 320 Gb HDD | Ubuntu 10.04 | OSX 10.6.3 | NBI .8.4RC1 | Chameleon Bullet Theme | BIOS A05 | USB Wake : OFF | USB Legacy : ON | No BlueTooth
Meklort's Blog | NBI Google Code Page | osx.mechdrew.com -- the best OSX installation guides

« Worms Armageddon | World of Warcraft Working »