Forum Archive Old/outdated threads will end up here.

(#41) Old
Default Re: Dell Mini 9 Discontinued - 04-04-2009, 04:43 PM

I spoke to our Dell rep yesterday, he told me the mini 9 was not discontinued; Just simply that demand was so hi, and that the wait times was so long they were not offering them to any premier accounts, and were not offering any discounts. He did qoute and order me a Mini 9 for personal use however...

Pink Mini 9 (my wifes)
32gb ssd
  (#42) Old
Default Re: Dell Mini 9 Discontinued - 04-04-2009, 10:34 PM

The company I work for is a corporate Dell client. I'm friends with one our company's IT guys and earlier in the week I asked him if he knew anything about the Dell Mini 9 being discontinued. Yesterday, my friend told me he spoke with the company's Dell Rep. The Dell Rep. stated that he had not heard the Mini 9 was being discontinued. Not sure how much weight I'd put behind that statement since we all here know how bad Dell's internal communication can be but I thought I'd pass it along.

Dell Mini 9. White. XP. 1.3 Webcam. 2GB Ram. 64GB RunCore SSD
  (#43) Old
Default Re: Dell Mini 9 Discontinued - 04-05-2009, 04:35 PM

I noticed the lack of availability back in March 09. I posted in a different thread about this. Basically, my Dell rep. told me that Mini 9 is end of life for higher education. I even went further up the chain and spoke to our account executive. He told me the same thing.

Anyone know where I can purchase mini9 with a purchasing card? I need a seller who won't charge me New York sales tax. I work for a tax exempt university in New York. Thanks.
  (#44) Old
Default Re: Dell Mini 9 Discontinued - 04-05-2009, 05:03 PM

Have any of you guys actually called dell and asked? I guess imma have to order one of ebay if dell doesnt have it anymore..
  (#45) Old
Default Re: Dell Mini 9 Discontinued - 04-06-2009, 03:15 AM

quit worrying people. dell will not discontinue this thing yet. why would they discontinue a hot selling item that everyone wants. Thats like the way not to make money. Its mcdonalds saying heres your hamburger but no bun. Im sure they stoped the discounts and stoped offering them to schools and such just till they get supply back up. I ordered mine back end of march and est time of arival is april 28th. Thier on massive back log. Same with them rasing the price on the base model trying to entise people to buy up thier outlet mini 9's as well. Its the same thing with Ford and the 2005 mustang Gt when it came out in 05. Ford but a bet on that the v6 was gonna sell 70/30 to the v8 Gt like previous years. And they were wrong and everything got back loged and such from people ordering gt's and dealers marking up the price and such. Ford running out of parts. They had to shut down the thunderbird plant and get them to produce mustang gt's to get back up with demand.

Dont worry they wont discountine them
  (#46) Old
Default Re: Dell Mini 9 Discontinued - 04-07-2009, 01:19 AM

The 512mb/4 gb ssd are going for $189 on dell outlet, certified refurb, you can buy one put a 32gb ssd and 2gb of memory in and still be out less than $350 and put ubuntu 9.04 netbook remix on it
  (#47) Old
Default Re: Dell Mini 9 Discontinued - 04-17-2009, 09:24 PM

Now that information has become widely available about how easy it is to set up Mini 9's as Hackintosh computers I think Dell is going to see a lot more sales.

I think they might eventually discontinue the Mini 9 in order to focus more on the Mini 10m or netbooks with slightly larger screens/keyboards, but for the time being the Mini 9 is the best unit to install OSX on and that's going to extend its sales life.

Black Mini 9, 32GB SuperTalent SSD, 2GB of RAM, OSX 10.5.6
  (#48) Old
Default Re: Dell Mini 9 Discontinued - 04-20-2009, 03:07 PM

Dell must love these's little, it's cute, people are buying them all over the damnplace...interesting that some people think it's because of OSX...and me being a linux guy, think we drive the sales ... haha...Windows still drives everything, the rest is wishful thinking...that's why support for anything not driven by MS is useless...

OS Linux
4gb ssd
2gb Ram
Jade Green
  (#49) Old
Default Re: Dell Mini 9 Discontinued - 04-20-2009, 06:29 PM

Hi, i'm new on these forums and i've seen a lot of posts about how the mini 9 is very versatile.

I'm from Mexico and here the mini 9 was taken out of the store last week, I'm not that surprised 'cause my guesses are it was a best seller and the other products were left behind. ... dhs&~ck=mn

Btw the mini 10 and 12 are way too expensive here, I hope I can get one of them mini 9's in the US soon.
  (#50) Old
Send a message via Skype™ to Dunhamzzz
Default 05-29-2009, 09:25 PM

It came true!

[BREAKING] Dell Mini 9 Discontinued?

Hope OP feels bad.

Please do not send me support requests via PM.

« Dell Mini 9's Have Been Discontinued!!! | Dell's Mini 9 vanishes from retail site as red Studio XPS 16 returns »