Forum Archive Old/outdated threads will end up here.

Thread Tools Display Modes
  (#131) Old
averox averox is offline
Junior Member
Posts: 17
Join Date: Mar 2009
Default Re: Runcore SSD Availability - 03-11-2009, 05:09 AM

Hey Matt, I have a question. What's your relationship with MDD besides that MDD is the official distributor? If I'm correct you're an employee of Runcore but you also seem to be the liaison of MDD. Apologies if I've been barking at the wrong party here previously but MDD is getting a pretty bad rap with how they're handling things.
  (#132) Old
BFRedrocks BFRedrocks is offline
Posts: 63
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Phoenix, AZ USA
Default Re: Runcore SSD Availability - 03-11-2009, 05:49 AM

Just an update...ordered my 64GB Runcore on 2/12 and received my shipping notice from UPS today (3/10), with a scheduled delivery on 3/12 from Syracuse, NY to Phoenix, AZ. While a month from ordering to delivery may seem like a long time, my Mini 9 took over 2 months to arrive, so no big deal from my perspective :roll: . Just shows the popularity of these devices I guess.

Dell Mini 9: Obsidian Black, 64GB Runcore SSD, 2GB RAM, BT, 1.3MP, IOGEAR BT Mouse, 500GB WD Elite HD, LG GP08 DVD Drive, 16GB Transcend SDHC, AT&T Quicksilver 3G Aircard, Timbuktu Sleeve, Case Logic Case
  (#133) Old
efenili efenili is offline
Senior Member
Posts: 101
Join Date: Mar 2009
Default Re: Runcore SSD Availability - 03-11-2009, 05:52 AM

Originally Posted by Matt Dawson
We do, that person just got insanely lucky and they are in the works means they have not even been built up yet but it will not be long I suspect some will ship this week from China. No need to worry yours will ship very soon as I said before 400pcs will cover all current backorders. It says backordered on the web site and said that when you bought it please be patient we are doing the best we can.

So you have ZERO units to ship right now? Not a single one?
I don't mean to be harsh but I don't feel that that is enough information...I would like an ETA, I don't care if its far out. This gives me a chance to decide whether or not it is even worth it to wait for the device. I understood I ordered when it was on backorder...all I ask is for some numbers on what I can expect.

You see I had a 6 week ETA for my Mini 9, it was long as hell but at least I had a date to work with. It makes one feel at ease when they have a date to look forward to at the very least.

Just a date of some kind, any date!
  (#134) Old
STiMULi STiMULi is offline
Senior Member
Posts: 251
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Tucson Arizona
Default Re: Runcore SSD Availability - 03-11-2009, 06:38 AM

I called MDD about my order last week. They stated that they were (at the time) awaiting the arrival of the products and they should arrive 3/9(yesterday) and then be in my hands around Thursday 3/12.

Is what I read about "in the works" meaning that what I was told was a load of malarkey and they have not yet even been fabricated much less shipped?

Perhaps I am misunderstanding what Matt is saying...

A 32GB from Hong Kong takes about 8 days and from Europe takes about 7 days. Should I order from another vendor and cancel the order with MDD or tough it out?

Mini 9 MacBook Aspen White
Runcore 64GB | 2GB RAM | ATP 16GB C6 SDHC | 1.3 Webcam | Bluetooth | OSX 10.5.6 | Fusion w/Windows XP | CrossOver | DellEFI 1.2A5 | BIOS A04 | 77Whr Battery

Will install OSX for Food
  (#135) Old
efenili efenili is offline
Senior Member
Posts: 101
Join Date: Mar 2009
Default Re: Runcore SSD Availability - 03-11-2009, 07:37 AM

*UPDATE - I took out suggesting VoiTech after the post below pointed me at not so nice comments. I didn't like the looks of it and wouldn't want to suggest something to forum members I wouldn't do.

thnx for the heads up cgiacca

  (#136) Old
cgiacca cgiacca is offline
Junior Member
Posts: 6
Join Date: Feb 2009
Default Re: Runcore SSD Availability - 03-11-2009, 09:12 AM

Originally Posted by efenili
You can get it from VoiTech Solutions which is their Australian e-tailer. The UK e-tailer is out of stock.

If the prices are listed as AUD on the Aussie site you can get one to the states for $159 total after shipping. That would be about $30 bucks over what MDD is selling it for after $8 shipping. Thats about a 20% increase in decide whether or not its worth the wait.

Seeing as I don't even have my Dell Mini 9 yet I am willing to stick it out until then. Just hope I get some kind of light at the end of the tunnel soon :P

Just an FYI that Voitech has a bit of a reputation for taking money and not sending the goods. I tried to contact them a few weeks ago to confirm they had the drives in stock, but got no answer. I then did a little digging and came up with these... ... 12407.html ... 22566.html
  (#137) Old
Madwida Madwida is offline
Posts: 36
Join Date: Mar 2009
Default Re: Runcore SSD Availability - 03-11-2009, 12:41 PM

In case anyone's interested, this outfit in Ireland has sold the Runcore but I chatted with someone there this morning and he told me that they have no confirmation of arrival from Runcore--but it will probably be in the next 1-2 weeks. ... mini9.html

Has anyone with a tracking number received in the last week actually gotten a drive? Maybe I missed that.

OS X 10.5.6|2gb RAM|32gb RunCore|
  (#138) Old
thegman69 thegman69 is offline
Junior Member
Posts: 26
Join Date: Mar 2009
Default Re: Runcore SSD Availability - 03-11-2009, 01:36 PM

FAIL :evil:

Runcore has not produced a 64GB SSD for the Mini in 3 weeks at their facility in China. The last run the did was for 500 pieces that have already shipped to their suppliers. There is only one (1) supplier that has a few 64GB units but other than that, those of us who ordered after 2/20 are screwed. There are plenty of 32GB units to be had from various overseas suppliers. From what I have been able to gather, the 64GB will ship from manufacturing in 3-4 weeks which means that we will see our orders 6-7 weeks from now. Wonderful!

Can't wait to hear the comment from Matt on this one but the info is solid from Singapore. :roll:
  (#139) Old
nvmtnlion nvmtnlion is offline
Junior Member
Posts: 24
Join Date: Dec 2008
Default Re: Runcore SSD Availability - 03-11-2009, 02:10 PM

Ordered my RunCore 32 on 2/21 and got it 3/9 only because I had it shipped to work and we are closed on weekends.

I had a problem with mine and called tech support and got an RMA, but then discovered that part of the mini-pci express card edge connector had black plastic stuck to it and when I removed it, drive worked great.

Mini 9 Alpine white A04, 2Gb ram, 8Gb SSD, 1.3Mp webcam, 16Gb SDHC, BT2, Ubuntu 8.10
Inspirion E1705/9400 Core2 duo, 4Gb ram, 320Gb HDD, Geforce 7900Go, XP/Ubuntu 8.10
  (#140) Old
Prime Prime is offline
Senior Member
Posts: 113
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Norfolk, VA, US
Default Re: Runcore SSD Availability - 03-11-2009, 02:44 PM

Just called again to check my RMA'd 32GB. I was told that the next shipment is due in middle of next week (the 16-20 of March). I just hope that holds up and I can get my drive and OSX loaded before I have to go out of town on the 1st of April.

Black Mini 9 | A04 | 2GB | 32GB Runcore | OS X 10.5.8 | NBI 0.8.3
Wake on USB/Legacy USB: Off | Bluetooth: Not Installed

« No DVD, No Mac, 4GB USB - Possible to Install? | RUNCORE's are FINALLY Restocked »
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Copyright © 2008-2016