Forum Archive Old/outdated threads will end up here.

(#1) Old
Default Wanting to upgrade my graphics card - 11-13-2010, 09:27 AM

Firstly, I know this is a repost, but a mod moved and closed my other thread even though this section is supposed to be discussion about anything.

I've got a HP Pavilion 6127 Desktop PC with an ATI Radeon HD 4350 graphics card, and I'm looking to upgrade, I've got my eye on an ATI Radeon HD 5970, but I was told it is too powerful for my tower.

Current specs:
ATI RadeonĀ® HD 4350, with Avivo technology 512 MB dedicated memory
Blu-Ray Drive
Quad-Core Processor
1TB Hard Drive

Any advice or recommendations that would make a decent upgrade, maybe one that would play Crysis well
  (#2) Old
Default 11-13-2010, 02:13 PM

Perhaps ask in the gaming section, but as Rich said in your other thread, your power supply almost certainly can't support this card. I looked at the specs for your PC and it's a low-end model.

It's bad form to repost after a mod has closed your thread. It risks you getting banned.

Mini 9|2GB RAM|64GB RunCore|Intel 5300|Windows 10
  (#3) Old
Super Moderator
Send a message via AIM to rrfranczak3 Send a message via MSN to rrfranczak3 Send a message via Yahoo to rrfranczak3
Cool 11-13-2010, 03:18 PM

The reason that I closed it is:

1st this is a Dell Mini Forum....ok?
2nd MAYBE if you were asking about a DELL it might be ok, but to come on a board that is specifically for the Dell Minis and ask a question about a graphics card for an HP DESKTOP (not even a laptop), which for one is a non-issue for everyone on this board because the Minis dont even have graphics cards to getting an answer would be rough and there are other boards that would be a better place to ask such a question.....that is why I closed your is really NOT applicable to this forum......if you have another Dell product such as a Mini or Laptop, (your 10v for instance) feel free to ask anything you want to, but this post is for another site...not here...sorry

If we allowed any question for any PC out there, there would be no reason to call this forum "MyDellMini"..we could just call it "PCHelpDesk" or something but the focus point of this particular forum is for the Dell Minis and related systems...we even get some questions on HP Minis occassionally but that is sort of allowed being as where an HP Mini basically has the same internal parts as a Dell Mini so the questions are usuallu applicable and most likely can be answered properly...I do hope you if you were asking about your 10v (I checked your previous postings) that would be a different question entirely......I see that you are quite interested in OSX, I do hope the forum was helpful to you for the issues you had in the past

PS. I am closing this thread also......and please do not start another thread (unless it is related to this forums focus)

Sorry, but try to have a nice day anyway and do not take this personally as it is not meant to be..

By the way like Steve said you could have been banned for this, but are not a new poster, you do have some history and I really dont see any reason to go that route in this case.
2nd..everyone is allowed a mistake every now and then

but FYI, generally restarting a thread that was closed for a reason is not a good idea

Dell Mini 10 (Obsidian Black 1010), 2gb RAM, 1.66ghz 533mhz FSB (Z530) processor, A10 BIOS, 1 Terabyte (1000 GB) WD Scorpio Blue Hard Drive (5400rpm), Intel GMA 500 Integrated Graphics, TV Tuner, Bluetooth 2.1 module with EDR, 1.3mp Camera, 1366x768 HD Screen, Wireless 1510 b/g/n mini card, 6 cell (56WHr) Battery, 4gb SDHC, 64gb Flashdrive, Targus Netbook Chillpad, Targus Sport Case, Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 (500gb)/Windows 8.1 (500gb) (Dual Boot)

iPad 4 (64gb) w/Retina,Targus Versavu Case

« Western Digital 64 GB SSD (2.5" SATA) | New Forum Request: Inspiron Duo »