Forum Archive Old/outdated threads will end up here.

(#1) Old
Default 3 10v applications that many users may find useful? - 11-09-2010, 09:32 PM

hey guys,

so i have 3 small requests if anyone is computer savvy enough to make these applications, or already has the programs to do this:

1. a volume status manager- ie a quick on screen notification of volume on/off, and better yet, bars that show up on screen to indicate how much of the volume is being used up- I know theres the icon in the taskbar but an onscreen one would be better.

2. an application that allows you to extend your vertical screens- ie like what iphones can do horizontally- i know some poeople have this application that allows them to have multiple horizontal desktops but i think the advantage for an extended vertical screen is that some windows don't fit on our normal screens, so being able to basically shift your desktop up or down fixes this issue, especially when installing programs. so i'm not sure if this would be resolved by having multiple vertical desktops, or if you just need to extend the desktop somehow.

3. battery management software- i've heard of some people using apps that minimize their battery usage- ie the soundcard turns off automatically when not in use, etc.

any input would be really appreciated. this forum is amazing. i apologize if these issues have been addressed elsewhere

---------- Post added at 09:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:28 PM ----------

sorry just thought of this one:

4. a way to allow the track pad to be used to switch windows- as in the option available on Macs. I love the double finger scroll, and the 3 finger touch functions i have now, but if there was some new manouever to switch windows on the track pad (faster than alt-tab) that woudl be sweet

(#2) Old
Super Moderator
Send a message via AIM to rrfranczak3 Send a message via MSN to rrfranczak3 Send a message via Yahoo to rrfranczak3
Default 11-09-2010, 09:48 PM

this really is NOT the type of forum to post a request for software like that....there might be some out there, but this is NOT one of them....sorry

Dell Mini 10 (Obsidian Black 1010), 2gb RAM, 1.66ghz 533mhz FSB (Z530) processor, A10 BIOS, 1 Terabyte (1000 GB) WD Scorpio Blue Hard Drive (5400rpm), Intel GMA 500 Integrated Graphics, TV Tuner, Bluetooth 2.1 module with EDR, 1.3mp Camera, 1366x768 HD Screen, Wireless 1510 b/g/n mini card, 6 cell (56WHr) Battery, 4gb SDHC, 64gb Flashdrive, Targus Netbook Chillpad, Targus Sport Case, Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 (500gb)/Windows 8.1 (500gb) (Dual Boot)

iPad 4 (64gb) w/Retina,Targus Versavu Case

« **Unopened Box BLACK Dell Mini 10v + Apple Airport wi-fi N card** | Need advice about a graphics card »