Forum Archive Old/outdated threads will end up here.

(#1) Old
Default Mini 9 - SnowyWind - Please restart computer - 05-24-2010, 09:04 AM

I've been trying to install OS X on my Dell Mini 9, I've had trouble with various methods, and when I tried SnowyWind, it worked the first time and went great. Though my problem is that when it restarted after it installed, I get the "You need to restart your computer. hold down the power button until it turns off, then press the power button again." I'm trying to boot from the dvd, but when I go to my boot page, and choose dvd, it just loads the OS, then shows the restart your computer page.

I posted over on InsanelyWind and they were very helpful and recommended I try NetbookInstaller and Netbook Maker. I researched those a bit, and am not sure how to go about using them. Do I need to reinstall SnowyWind, or does it just run once booted into?

(#2) Old
Default 05-24-2010, 09:52 AM

Have a look at this thread:

It explains how to use Netbook Installer and Netbook Boot Maker. I dont really know what SnowyWind is (never heard of it) but you wont need anything other that a retail copy of Snow Leopard and Netbook Boot Maker. The boot maker will make the retail disc bootable and the whole install process will put a copy of Netbook Installer on your machine. It really is as easy as it would be to install OSX on an actual Mac

There are probably better guides available, just do a search on the forum...

Mini 10v | 2GB RAM | 120GB HDD | 1510 N Wireless | BT 2.1 | OSX 10.6.4 | NBI 0.8.4RC1 | Bios A04 | 1010 Touchpad | Magic Mouse
  (#3) Old
Default 05-24-2010, 02:54 PM

SnowyWind is a pirated torrent of OS X. Thread closed.

Mini 9|2GB RAM|64GB RunCore|Intel 5300|Windows 10

« Dell Mini 9 with OSX 10.6.3 - Blinky Cursor Upper Left Only | Dell 10v keyboard like new »