Forum Archive Old/outdated threads will end up here.

(#1) Old
Default Meklort seems to be AWOL at a crucial time...? - 03-31-2010, 12:32 AM

you know what I mean?

Seems to be quite a few issues with this new NBI and 10.6.3...
  (#2) Old
Default Can't Agree - 03-31-2010, 01:02 AM

First, without Mekort, we would all be screwed. He has helped create some absolutely free products that allow people to have really cool products that Apple won't create.

Second, I began with 10.5.6 on a Mini 9 and now have 10.6.3 installed on two 10v's. I've never had any problems at all. Many others have apparently installed 10.6.3 in the past day without any problems.

If you can't live with the uncertainty associated with installing Mac OS X on technically unsupported hardware, then don't do it. It's that simple.

This thread is stupid. Meklort deserves a medal. Period.
  (#3) Old
Default 03-31-2010, 01:06 AM

I agree - it's a slap in the face to someone who has given so much to this community. From what I read, most of the people who have problems with the update are those who did not read or follow the instructions.

Thread closed.

Mini 9|2GB RAM|64GB RunCore|Intel 5300|Windows 10
  (#4) Old
Super Moderator
Send a message via AIM to bmcclure937
Default 03-31-2010, 03:10 AM

And not to resurrect an old issue... but NetbookInstaller .8.4RC1 is exactly that... a release candidate!!

Those who are whining and complaining need to realize all that meklort has done for this community before they jump in here and start criticizing. And if they think something should be different or that they can "run things better" then NBI is open source and everything is available on Google Code. That is the wonder of open source, you can modify it as you like.

Nobody advertised that NBI .8.4RC1 would be 100% bug-free on your netbook running OSX 10.6.3... please re-read all of those threads carefully and do not skip steps that are mentioned

Be grateful that you can run OSX on non-Apple hardware. If you have an issue, restore a backup (which you should have on hand) and run the version that was working fine before

 Mini 10v  | 2Gb RAM | 320 Gb HDD | Ubuntu 10.04 | OSX 10.6.3 | NBI .8.4RC1 | Chameleon Bullet Theme | BIOS A05 | USB Wake : OFF | USB Legacy : ON | No BlueTooth
Meklort's Blog | NBI Google Code Page | -- the best OSX installation guides

« Dell Mini 9 2gb ram, 16gb SSD, BT, cam | Windows 7 is not activated? »