Forum Archive Old/outdated threads will end up here.

(#1) Old
Thumbs up NBI 0.8.4pre is OUT! for osx 10.6.3!!! - 03-11-2010, 02:50 PM

The latest version on NetbookInstaller has been released. There are a couple of new features but mostly just updated kexts from the previous version.

Updated Chameleon. I've also included numerous patches which are detailed in the previous post.
(Partial) Support for 64bit cpus. For best results boot in 32bit mode (arch=i386). I'll try to update the 64bit kexts shortly and post an update.
Updated the bootloader code so that when chameleon is installed, it no longer messes up windows installations.
Added code so that in the event of a system update, NetbookInstaller is automatically run on reboot.
NetbookBootMaker no longer patches the install dvd, instead it installs a kext to patch the dvd at runtime (like NetbookCD). This means you'll probably want to restore the install dvd (this won't be required in the future since the dvd isn't modified anymore).
Added a recovery option for chameleon. Just type "recover" and a known good set of kext will be loaded, while /Extra/Extensions.mkext will be ignored.
How to update to 10.6.3: The only requirement is that you have NetbookInstaller 0.8.4pre (or later) installed. Once you update the system, NBI will be run automatically.

NOTE: If when booting, you see the NBI logo, do *not* restart. This is indicating that NBI is running and updating files (/Extra) due to a system change. There currently is an issue where restarts take a while after NBI is running, just wait it out, eventually it'll reboot again and start up to your desktop.
  (#2) Old
Default 03-11-2010, 03:20 PM

Odd to see Meklort's Blog here Meklort's Blog posted in the first person by another user without attribution -- and without the download links for NBI and BootMaker.

And why in the Mini 9 forum?

Later: Best info in Forum is here

Netbook: Mini 10v, BIOS A05, OS X 10.6.4, 2 GB RAM, 160 GB HDD, BT
  (#3) Old
Super Moderator
Send a message via AIM to bmcclure937
Default 03-11-2010, 04:10 PM

Since I have already created an official announcement for this update in the Development Forums I am going to close this thread.

I provide warnings and other precautions in my official thread, along with download links and links to meklort's blog

 Mini 10v  | 2Gb RAM | 320 Gb HDD | Ubuntu 10.04 | OSX 10.6.3 | NBI .8.4RC1 | Chameleon Bullet Theme | BIOS A05 | USB Wake : OFF | USB Legacy : ON | No BlueTooth
Meklort's Blog | NBI Google Code Page | -- the best OSX installation guides

« Mini 10v N270 2GGB 160Gb 1510 BT $320.00 | 64gb ssd »