Forum Archive Old/outdated threads will end up here.

(#1) Old
Default Mini 9, 2GB Ram, 32GB SSD, Touch Screen, and lots more!!! - 02-16-2010, 02:33 PM

Finally for beloved Mini 9....

Need to pay the bills, so here goes...

Mini 9
2GB Crucial Ram
32GB Run Core SSD (the one with a USB attached-nice!)
Hoda Touch Screen Installed
Wi-fi and Bluetooth integrated
1.3 MP Webcam integrated
Dell 6 cell battery
Dell Power cord
Came with Ubuntu - disc included
No OS installed - drive will be formatted

Just to give you all the details....this is really in good shape, owned about 4 months and cared for well (was purchased brand new from Dell). The touch screen install was a challenge, but finally got it going. I can say it worked 100% under Windows 7 - actually it is perfect this way. I couldn't get it going 100% under OSX, but many here in the forum report they are doing it, so it is definitely possible. After installing Win 7 on it though I was makes for an awesome Graphics tablet, and I can gurantee it under 7, but you'll have to do some extra work to get it to work under OSX. Just ask around. So that's the story. I invested over $600 in this machine...

Bottom line: yours for $399 shipped (U.S. / PayPal)

Pictures to come....(in the meantime, just so you know-virtually no scratches, like new, touch screen makes the lid a little thick, pops out just a hair)
  (#2) Old
Default Lower $ - 02-28-2010, 02:51 PM

Just been using this mini 9 a little more, and discovered that the video feed (webcam) is not working....since I've been a bit too busy to open it up again and/or look into driver issues - I'm going to take a hit on this one, and just see if anyone is interested in taking it off my hands for $299, that's the rock bottom low price I can afford to take on this, and I'm quite certain that someone here has the know-how to make this work no problem.
There are no broken parts, and it's a very clean machine....the screen took two scratches when I installed the touch panel, but you can't even see it now that the panel is on (and the panel is on for good - these are not removeable, at least not w/o making a mess)

So that's the bottom line: $299, and I'll offer you a 7 day refund - If you're not happy with it - just return as you received - same packaging and exact same condition....otherwise deal is off.

Thanks for your interest - just pm me with questions.

Also - just to note - this is the regular touch screen install, and not a tablet mod, though it would be a good set-up for someone who is interested in getting there hands on one for a tablet mod project.
  (#3) Old
Default Trade??? - 03-08-2010, 11:05 AM

I would consider a trade for a decent 2.5" sata ssd. pm offers/questions thanks!
  (#4) Old
Default Sold/Traded - 03-08-2010, 06:24 PM

« 128GB SATA SSD - OEM Samsung (Apple) $225.00 | Dell mini osx image »