Forum Archive Old/outdated threads will end up here.

(#21) Old
Default Re: I received a RunCore drive already! - 12-08-2008, 10:40 PM

Originally Posted by photon
Here is a presumably small businessman trying to introduce a product, the production of which is far from his control. If he had to have the SSDs in his hot hand before he advertised, then he might have capitalization issues what with our economy going down the flusher and credit nearly impossible to come by. Is he really treating anyone worse than we are treated by PC industry giant Michael Dell? Didn't Dell have some trouble delivering the Mni 9 on schedule? Is everyone satisfied with Dell tech support? Let's all take a few deep breaths and relax. For anyone that can't accept this treatment, I suggest you buy an Asus of some sort. They have been producing netbooks longer, so they must be near-perfect by now. :roll:

Aloha. . . . Photon
And there is a 25 page long thread complaining about the delivery delays of the mini 9. Good businessmen take care of their customers, not take advantage of them.

I got burned once here and I will not be burned again.
  (#22) Old
Post Re: I received a RunCore drive already! - 12-08-2008, 11:14 PM

So why the hell can't he e-mail everyone who has paid to give us a update. I bought the item on ebay and it said clearly it would ship on Dec. 8. He has my money and my item is not shipped. If there is some type of issue then he should have at least notify me instead of wasting my time trying to find out what the hell is going on. That's not a right way to run customer service.
  (#23) Old
Default Re: I received a RunCore drive already! - 12-08-2008, 11:19 PM

I would urge everyone that bought one of these on Ebay to leave appropriate feedback.

if mine didn't ship today as mentioned in the auction, and there was no direct communication to me explaining why, then I know what type of feedback I'm leaving.

Black Mini 9 - Runcore 64 SSD - 2GB Ram - 1.3 Cam - BT - Windows 7
  (#24) Old
Send a message via AIM to UnaClocker Send a message via Yahoo to UnaClocker
Default Re: I received a RunCore drive already! - 12-09-2008, 01:19 AM

Definitely, and it's impossible for sellers to leave retaliatory feedback on eBay now, so let 'er rip.
That said. it's nice to have SOME kind of explanation about what happend to the second batch (Dec 1st). Still not sure what happened to the first batch (the one where you said there were 250 IN STOCK in mid November). Third shipment is in customs, I guess, and only has 32gb drives, I guess. Fourth shipment hasn't been shipped yet? That's the one that will have the 64gb drive? I KNOW I'm in the first 100 orders..
Whatever.. Someday I'll get that drive.

Tired of wondering if your Mini9 is doing ANYTHING? - Add a HDD Activity LED
  (#25) Old
Expert Member
Default Re: I received a RunCore drive already! - 12-09-2008, 01:53 AM

don't worry matt, we support you anyway

i got my mini 6 weeks before i bought it (the very first day it came off!), and it worths the anxious wait, same will happen with this product

hey, can you pull some threads in there and make this forum orders ship first? :lol:

or at least, send first that orders that we pay on ebay allready? :twisted:

anyway, "shipments starts on 8" don't mean "your order will be shiped on 8", as i see it :P

sory me no spiko english
  (#26) Old
Default Re: I received a RunCore drive already! - 12-09-2008, 02:24 AM

The auction that I paid for my drive said:

All orders will begin shipping on December 8th ... 0085128192

to me this means all orders that were placed for the 13 days prior to the 8th will ship on the 8th. I guess the way they worded it they could claim that the orders will begin shipping on the 8th and continue on the 9th, 10th, 11th, 12th,.... and yours will ship whenever the heck we feel like it.

again, bad salesmanship and not the way I would want customers to perceive my business.

and it still bugs me that in the bad shape they claim to be in, they are still selling these as available:

Quantity: 56 Available

Black Mini 9 - Runcore 64 SSD - 2GB Ram - 1.3 Cam - BT - Windows 7
  (#27) Old
Location: Originally Ganinesville, Fl but currently Tokyo, Japan
Default Re: I received a RunCore drive already! - 12-09-2008, 02:33 AM

Originally Posted by cmarcho
again, bad salesmanship and not the way I would want customers to perceive my business.
I couldn't agree with you more!! I tell ya. I will give them to the end of the week. If it doesn't ship at that point or I receive another runaround then I will simply cancel my order and take my chances with the new Buffalo drive here in Japan. At least their website says that the product has been delayed until the middle of this month. Please note that buffalo stated that their drives would be available at the beginning of December however, they could not meet production so they quickly announced that they would not be available "middle of December". This is the way normal businesses work!!
  (#28) Old
Default Re: The hassles of bleeding edge tech coming from Asia - 12-09-2008, 12:03 PM

well, i'm from the far east, well, technically, south east asia, and believe it or not, we're closer but its not alot faster here either. i've been to taipei where they've given me blank stares as to what a mini pci-e ssd for dell mini 9 is. Here in singapore, its the same.

At least you get to order it in the US.

i've ordered mine, and can u imagine its gonna be shipped from taiwan probably, to the states, then to singapore?

All i can say is, just be glad that u have the large economies of scale to demand products like this.

(#29) Old
Default Re: The hassles of bleeding edge tech coming from Asia - 12-09-2008, 04:18 PM

Hi everybody,
This is Jeremy at My Digital Discount and just wanted to quickly clear up a few things as we are trying our best to fill orders on what is arguably the hottest product we have offered on our store.

As Matt previously stated, we completely understand the frustration that comes with delays and we simply ask for your patience as we will fill every order that has been placed. If you in any way feel mislead or uneasy with your purchase, please do not hesitate to cancel your order and we will make sure you are taken care of quickly so you can put this behind you and allow you to find alternate solutions worry free. We at do not try and fool, con, or lie to our customers in any way and while we get where that assumption comes from due to our lack of communication this far, it is wholly inaccurate.

For those who are willing to bear with us we truly believe that this product is worth the wait and we thank you greatly for doing so.

While it is clear some feel otherwise, we do greatly value our customers and if you feel that we have fallen short for the time being we hope that you will give us the chance to redeem ourselves and we are always open to suggestions and feedback to better our shopping for our customers. Please PM me on here personally and I will be happy to discuss things we can do in the future to improve

RE Support:

As far as our Live Chat feature on our site, for anyone getting an Offline message during our normal office hours it is due to all the available chat queues being filled and not because we are trying to avoid our customers, it is very much the exact opposite. Currently we have 10 slots available to our customers and in the past week we have had those 10 slots filled for a good portion of the day as we answered not only RunCore issues but questions regarding all of the other products we offer and the influx of orders we receive during the holiday season.

Re Auctions:

We apologize for any confusion that has come with the auctions but it does state "begins shipping on Dec 8th" intentionally as we are putting both our eBay and website orders through our system in the order that the drive was ordered, a first-come-first-serve basis if you will. We are doing everything in our power to fill the immense number of orders as quickly as possible and are upgrading shipping to try and get these to you without further delay.

The auctions themselves are still up as a number of customers are looking to take advantage of the promotion even at the reduced 8% discount and all new purchases are reserving their spot in line for shipment. We have actually had a number of website cancellations that then purchased the drive from eBay due to our suggestion of the Microsoft cashback program during Live Chat and phone calls.

We always encourage our customers who win our auctions to take the time to leave honest feedback but we would ask that you do not spitefully leave a negative just to do so. Please contact us if you have any issues and we will try our best to work with you in means to your purchase.

Re RunCore:

RunCore is constantly working to improve their products and has already upgraded to a new PCB board in their drives starting with our incoming shipment to assure that you have purchased the best PCI-e on the market today. As more tweaks are made we will do our best to test the new arrivals and update our specification information on both and our eBay auctions.

Sorry for the novel but hopefully this post has cleared up any misconceptions. Again, we truly apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused but rest assured every order placed will be filled as soon as possible. Like I said before, if anyone needs assistance of any kind and cannot get through to us by our conventional methods please shoot me a PM and i'll do what I can to help.

Jeremy and all of MDD is your connection to the digital world.

Join the MDD Community: Follow us on or become a fan on to get the latest news, product updates and exclusive offers.
  (#30) Old
Expert Member
Smile Re: The hassles of bleeding edge tech coming from Asia - 12-09-2008, 05:17 PM

Looks to me like they might deserve the benefit of a doubt here at the very least folks.

I would also urge calm and rational behavior on the forums regarding this matter given that the company has been so directly responsive here and also has what appears to be a very good past record, at least from what I see on eBay.

I will also point out that a little communication can go a long way towards keeping folks happy, so let's keep those folks informed at the very least to help avoid these kind of troubles.

Let's try to keep it fair on both sides.

Inspiron Duo: Win7 Pro 32-Bit, Intel 6200 Wifi Upgrade
Former Inspiron Mini 9 Owner, Modder, Enthusiast

« Type11 v7.7 ISO Posted | 2GB Ram Survey. »