Forum Archive Old/outdated threads will end up here.

(#21) Old
Default 09-21-2009, 08:08 PM

I just used NetbookInstaller .8.3RC1 and it works awesome! the track pad is so smooth, two finger scrolling, click and drag, it all works excellent. Great work meklort and anyone else involved with this update! Please donate to these guys, they do excellent work.

Mini 10v | 1Gb RAM | 160 Gb HDD | OSX 10.6.6 | NetbookInstaller .8.4RC1 | BIOS A04 | USB Wake : OFF | USB Legacy : ON | No BlueTooth
  (#22) Old
Super Moderator
Send a message via AIM to bmcclure937
Default 09-21-2009, 08:09 PM

Originally Posted by markhsa View Post

On a 10V, the audio still does not work after sleep.
Was this in the fixes or no? I was not sure based on the release notes.

Originally Posted by Crisu View Post
I think, it wasn't - or??
This was not fixed yet... it is on the plate for the next RC...

Originally Posted by p.shirt View Post
I'm running the new RC, and I still have the service battery message. I manually deleted the existing dsdt.aml, restarted and generated a new one. I did notice that the warning is not present when there is no dsdt.aml file.

Also, I seem to not have wi-fi 50% of the time when I reboot. The icon is present in the menu bar, but it says "No Airport Card Installed."

Sound and sleep are great!!

Keep up the good work.
Please post bug reports to Google Code (link in the OP) detailing these issues!

Originally Posted by Max_Carnage View Post
Oh boy, this is the cat's whiskers! Meklort, you have done something amazing here. Click & Drag is working flawlessly. Two-finger scrolling is smooth, slick and easy. Three-finger swipes are not quite reliable for me (have to use extra pressure), but I don't really use them anyway. Overall, everything feels much more responsive, and I've got confidence that everything will do what I want it to rather than having to think about being careful where I put my fingers.

Top stuff. Thank you.
I agree!! The trackpad is such an amazing improvement, it is unbelievable

 Mini 10v  | 2Gb RAM | 320 Gb HDD | Ubuntu 10.04 | OSX 10.6.3 | NBI .8.4RC1 | Chameleon Bullet Theme | BIOS A05 | USB Wake : OFF | USB Legacy : ON | No BlueTooth
Meklort's Blog | NBI Google Code Page | -- the best OSX installation guides
  (#23) Old
Default Awesome! - 09-21-2009, 08:09 PM

Love that the HD icon is fixed!
Sound works great!
Awesome job...

SD Card does still not recognize a card inserted

Dell Mini 9 2GB RAM 32GB SuperTalent BIOS:A04 BT:Enabled SD:None BT:ON
  (#24) Old
Default 09-21-2009, 08:15 PM

I have installed 10.6 over my 10.5.8. Netbook is a Mini 10v, Bios A04.

I used the latest NetBookMaker 0.8.3. with a retail 10.6-DVD , at the end of installation I get a Kernel Panic Message ... "Unsupported CPU". ... and system stops.

There is only the message "You need to restart your computer. Hold down the Power Button...."

What should I do now?
Is there a installation-bug in NetBootMaker 0.8.3.

With "boot -x" i get also the panic-message
  (#25) Old
Default 09-21-2009, 08:39 PM

I still get the Service Battery. I ran 8.3rc1, rebooted, updated to 10.6.1, ran 8.3rc1 again both times selecting generate new dstml Any ideas?

Dell Mini 9
64GB SSD, 2GB RAM, 1.3mp Cam, BT Module
OS X 10.5.6
  (#26) Old
Send a message via AIM to atm153 Send a message via Skype™ to atm153
Default 09-21-2009, 08:43 PM

Too bad the external audio doesn't work with this one, I would seriously rather that worked than the internal speakers. I use my Mini9 hooked up to an external monitor and speakers to play music while I work, and I'm probably gonna have to modify my setup now. No worries though, I'm sure it'll get straightened out eventually. Keep up the good work meklort, etc!
  (#27) Old
Default edge scrolling? - 09-21-2009, 08:44 PM

is edge scrolling disabled in this new update?
  (#28) Old
Default Clean Install of 10.6 from a 10.5.7 DellEFI install on a mini 9 - 09-21-2009, 08:50 PM

Does anyone know if there is anything extra I need to do when installing 10.6 coming from a DellEFI 10.5.7 installation? Will I run into any wacky problems since I was previously using DellEFI?

Also, if I create a time machine backup of my currently working 10.5.7 install, will I be able to cleanly restore if my 10.6 installation goes south? i.e., are there any extra "hackintosh" steps needed to cleanly restore?
  (#29) Old
Default 09-21-2009, 08:54 PM

Yes. I have the same problem with edge scrolling not working on my Dell Mini 9. Meklort's Trackpad pref pane is still present in System Preferences but deselecting and selecting Edge Scrolling doesn't make any difference. As I use this feature the most, I've temporarily rolled back to .8.2 alpha until a fix is available.

When I did the upgrade to .8.3 RC1, I chose Install Dell Mini 9 Extensions and Generate a system specific dsdt.aml file.

Dell Mini 9
Mac OS X 10.5.8
NBI .8.2 alpha

UPDATE: Posted bug to Google code page.
  (#30) Old
Default 09-21-2009, 09:28 PM

ran 8.3 rc on a mini 9 dual boot (win7 & sl). Now I can't boot to either? I generated a new dsdt file and i think that messed things up? Everything worked great except for sound. Will keep working to get thing right again ;-)

development, meklort, nbi, nbm, netbookbootmaker, netbookinstaller, release candidate, testing

« Runcore PCI-E SSD Enclosures Released | Silverlight 2.0 and Dell MiniMac SOLVED »