Forum Archive Old/outdated threads will end up here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  (#61) Old

Send a message via AIM to Carlos Send a message via Yahoo to Carlos
Default 09-02-2009, 07:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonoboyer View Post
how do you copy the SL dvd to a flash drive if you only have access to a pc?
Create an ISO And burn the ISO to a USB stick.
  (#62) Old

Default 09-02-2009, 07:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaraeez View Post
Cheers for reminding me about the permissions. Once done & rebooted audio is fully working along with mic (recorded my boat in photo booth & played back in quicktime no problems)
audio is working without installing any additional kexts? because I still haven't audio also after permissions fixing.

Dell Mini 9 Black with Bluetooth and Webcam - 32GB Super Talent - 2GB RAM
  (#63) Old

Send a message via AIM to Carlos Send a message via Yahoo to Carlos
Default 09-02-2009, 07:42 PM

Is anyone else seeing this? Instead of showing an HD icon my Macintosh HD shows as a folder on the desktop.
  (#64) Old

Default 09-02-2009, 07:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pipposanta View Post
audio is working without installing any additional kexts? because I still haven't audio also after permissions fixing.
That's correct - I basically did the repair & rebooted & all is working with the audio & mic. As I stated before mine was a straight upgrade from 10.5.8 - Just doing a time backup (15.87GB!) before I continue messing the touchpad is as flaky as before - hth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlos View Post
Is anyone else seeing this? Instead of showing an HD icon my Macintosh HD shows as a folder on the desktop.
Nope! seems fine here
  (#65) Old

Default 09-02-2009, 07:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pipposanta View Post
I have the same problem. Everything works, WiFi, Ethernet but not the audio. One exception to the install instructions in the 1st post is that I had to do the fix the permissions on the Extra directory and use mkext before I could get it to boot off the flash drive.
  (#66) Old

Default 09-02-2009, 07:49 PM

Can I "restore" the SL DVD to an SD card instead of a USB drive? In other words, I don't have a USB drive, but I do have an 8GB SDHC card and am wondering if I can use that on my 10v to do the installation from.

Thanks in advance...
  (#67) Old

Default 09-02-2009, 07:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmcclure937 View Post
Use Disk Utility or a third party "maintenance" application such as OnyX (which I highly recommend anyhow)

I have also updated the OP to add that checking permissions may be a good idea!
Your original post failed the first time I tried to install. Got a circle with a bar through it (like a no-smoking sign). But on a hard-reboot, it's actually installing. Will update you when done.

Reason I'm posting this is that I have the A06 bios, not sure if anyone cares, or if it makes any difference. Just FYI..

Thanks for the permissions explanation, I will try those once it boots up (IF it boots up, meaning, without a kernel panic).

10v SL 10.6.1 + Win 7 ENT Dual Boot | A06 to A04 BIOS | 2 GB Crucial RAM | 64 GB OCZ Vertex SSD | BlueTooth enabled and working | Sleep working (lid close/open) | Restart NOT working
  (#68) Old

Default 09-02-2009, 07:59 PM

Yes you can, Just make sure you partition as a grub

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrotty View Post
Can I "restore" the SL DVD to an SD card instead of a USB drive? In other words, I don't have a USB drive, but I do have an 8GB SDHC card and am wondering if I can use that on my 10v to do the installation from.

Thanks in advance...
  (#69) Old

Default 09-02-2009, 08:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlos View Post
try repairing/fixing permissions and then reboot. for me worked.

Dell Mini 9 Black with Bluetooth and Webcam - 32GB Super Talent - 2GB RAM
  (#70) Old

Default 09-02-2009, 08:13 PM

worked perfectly for me. THANKS!

Mini 10v, OSX 10.5.8, Bluetooth

Tags
meklort, nbi, nbm, netbookbootmaker, netbookinstaller, official, snow leopard

« Bootloader brain damage? | NetbookInstaller 1: USB Installation via Mac »