External Accessories / Peripherals Discuss any accessories used to enhance your Dell Inspiron Mini experience.

(#1) Old

Default Microsoft Notebook Presenter Mouse 8000 - 11-18-2008, 10:05 PM

I use this mouse for my everyday mouse with a Dell Latitude D610. I give 2 - 3 PowerPoint presentations per week with it. I was curious if anyone had tried this mouse with the internal Bluetooth on the Mini 9. The question arises out of the fact that the transceiver for the 8000 is a v3.0 and the compatibility between the two.
  (#2) Old

Default Re: Microsoft Notebook Presenter Mouse 8000 - 11-20-2008, 04:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wglr13mwz
I use this mouse for my everyday mouse with a Dell Latitude D610. I give 2 - 3 PowerPoint presentations per week with it. I was curious if anyone had tried this mouse with the internal Bluetooth on the Mini 9. The question arises out of the fact that the transceiver for the 8000 is a v3.0 and the compatibility between the two.

I've used that mouse with the internal bluetooth on the mini and something about it just doesn't seem right. Sometimes it will not move the same way I expect it to, or pages will scroll without me touching the wheel... but if I use the included transceiver it works fine. So I'm guessing the BT with the mouse doesn't get along well with the built in BT.

I now use the Microsoft Memory mouse. The BT in that seems to work ok with the dell BT.

But I wish the presenter mouse would work with it better as I like using the volume and other controls to control media player and movies and stuff.

Black Mini 9 - Runcore 64 SSD - 2GB Ram - 1.3 Cam - BT - Windows 7
  (#3) Old

Default Re: Microsoft Notebook Presenter Mouse 8000 - 11-20-2008, 06:04 PM

Thanks for the repsponse.

I have half way test driven that style of mouse at Best Buy. How do you like the long term comfort of that ergo design?
  (#4) Old

Default Re: Microsoft Notebook Presenter Mouse 8000 - 12-01-2008, 02:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wglr13mwz
Thanks for the repsponse.

I have half way test driven that style of mouse at Best Buy. How do you like the long term comfort of that ergo design?
I really like that mouse for a small mouse. I don't use the cable or transciever/memory at all. I'll break it out to charge the battery once in a while but that's it. It has a good feel to the mouse and I like the wheel on it. I just think it's a bit overpriced, I didn't realize how much it costs as mine was given to me as a gift.

Black Mini 9 - Runcore 64 SSD - 2GB Ram - 1.3 Cam - BT - Windows 7
  (#5) Old

Default Re: Microsoft Notebook Presenter Mouse 8000 - 12-01-2008, 03:58 AM

Im having good luck with the MS Notebook Mouse 5000, running Win XP. No issues yet.

John

« USB WWAN sticks out/breaks off... solution? | Battery $130 seems high? »