External Accessories / Peripherals Discuss any accessories used to enhance your Dell Inspiron Mini experience.

(#1) Old

Default Dell Mini Case/Sleeve - 09-29-2008, 09:14 PM

I understand this laptop has just been released and all but i am having quite a difficult time locating a decent case, aside from the one on dell's site that is quilted or something of that nature. I would love to know what everyone is using to transport their mini's in. Please feel free to upload a photo and list where you got it from.
  (#2) Old

Default Re: Dell Mini Case/Sleeve - 09-29-2008, 09:49 PM

I've got the Tucano Easy Sleeve which is designed for the 7" and 9" EEE PCs, fits the Dell Mini perfectly. Available in the UK from PC World, you can find it on Tucano's US site ...

http://www.tucanousa.com/product_p/bfef%20black.htm
  (#3) Old

Default Re: Dell Mini Case/Sleeve - 09-29-2008, 10:13 PM

I heard that quite a few people that own an eeePC have ordered customised fabric cases / sleeves from http://www.fabrixcases.com/ - similar to the Tucano Easy Sleeve product suggested by sheep.

I guess these are fine if you don't mind carrying it by hand and have very few peripherals (if any).

I'm looking for a small backpack style carrying solution. Something not big and bulky but has enough room to shove my network cable, mini screwdrivers, usb sticks, camera, phone chargers, torch etc (the usual stuff )

Anyone found anything that may be suitable?
  (#4) Old

Default Re: Dell Mini Case/Sleeve - 09-30-2008, 02:17 AM

i have the timbuk2 from the dell site and really like it... but have just carried my mini in my hand... like going for coffee...
  (#5) Old

Default Re: Dell Mini Case/Sleeve - 09-30-2008, 07:57 AM

We can't get the timbuck2 cases in the UK yet :cry: However I ordered this from Amazon in the UK and it works okay until something else comes along. You need to stretch it round the Dell but it fits okay.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Tuff-Luv-Functi ... 77&sr=8-15
  (#6) Old

Default Re: Dell Mini Case/Sleeve - 09-30-2008, 08:44 PM

I ordered one of these sleeves from eBay, but it was real cheap so I am wondering how the quality will be. Seller has very good feedback (especially for an overseas merchant) and this is specifically tailored to the size of the Mini (not quite the same size as an Asus Eee or HP Mini-Note like most of the other sleeves for sale) so I think it'll probably be fine. Either way though, it will take another two weeks to get here from Hong Kong.

Just because of the size of the Mini, I am leaning towards just getting a sleeve for it and putting them in a regular bag to carry around. Ideally I'd go without the sleeve and a get a bag designed for the Mini but that also takes a couple file folders and a notebook... but unfortunately, I haven't seen anything like that just yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark62
i have the timbuk2 from the dell site and really like it...
Would you do a favor and take some pictures of that thing? You can't much about it from the Dell pictures on just a white background with nothing for scale.
  (#7) Old

Default Re: Dell Mini Case/Sleeve - 10-01-2008, 12:22 AM

it is as small as the mini.. made out of scuba suit material.. has a small pouch.. holds a mouse and a few little things, like glasses...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg SDC10026.JPG (128.2 KB, 31375 views)
File Type: jpg SDC10028.JPG (125.9 KB, 31344 views)
File Type: jpg SDC10029.JPG (134.9 KB, 31340 views)
  (#8) Old

Default Re: Dell Mini Case/Sleeve - 10-02-2008, 06:29 AM

thanks for the pics. didn't order a bag - waiting a bit. but that looks pretty good.
  (#9) Old

Default Re: Dell Mini Case/Sleeve - 10-02-2008, 08:51 AM

I got my bag last week and the zipper would not work out of the plastic bag. I sent an email to Dell but as of yet no response.

Obsidian Black Mini9 - XP Pro - 16gb SSD - 16gb SDHC - 2gb RAM - Bluetooth - 1.3 webcam
  (#10) Old

Default Re: Dell Mini Case/Sleeve - 10-02-2008, 09:58 AM

Come on guys we're not going to start treating our Dell Mini-9s like people do with their iPods are we? Keep it real. This is how mine travels. Five star all the way.

Ordering special fabrics from around the globe that had me laughing, why not just wrap it in cashmere. Lets face it gadgets are going to get scratches, dents, finger prints, and dirty, it shows that we're using them. I could understand wanting to protect your purchase but thankfully the Mini-9 is sturdy, and even a binder or any size backpack will do.

« Help needed formatting an SD card! | My converted Zippered Binder/dayplanner case for my mini9 »