External Accessories / Peripherals Discuss any accessories used to enhance your Dell Inspiron Mini experience.

(#51) Old

Default Re: Dell Mini Case/Sleeve - 10-18-2008, 05:56 AM

When I got my Dell 700m, I got myself a ZeroShock sleeve from Shinza.com. It was worth the extra money (they're quite expensive) because unlike neoprene, it absorbs the shock of being dropped. It's quite amazing stuff, the sleeve moulds to the shape of the laptop.

You can pick an 8.9" netbook sleeve on ebay for $20.95 + shipping. http://shop.ebay.com/items/?_nkw=zeroshock+8.9
I've just ordered one, I'll let you know how it goes

In hindsight, having a ö in your username when you own a netbook without a numpad wasn't such a bright idea...
  (#52) Old

Default Re: Dell Mini Case/Sleeve - 10-20-2008, 02:24 PM

I've just splashed-out £15.99 on a Case Logic HardDrive case from Staples. It's great! It has a hard shell and it now lives in my rucsac.

See http://www.caselogic.com/external_hard_ ... elid=80407

I've noticed that they are now pushing it as a "External Hard Drive and Ultra Portable PC Case". It has enough room to take my Mini 9, my new AIGP E063 amplified speakers (£5.99 from Malpin) and my old HP mini-mouse but there's not enough room for the PSU (but I'm still experimenting!

Irvin
  (#53) Old

Default Re: Dell Mini Case/Sleeve - 10-21-2008, 12:44 AM

I just bought the Case Logic E-Sling (med size) at Best Buy (49.99). Just the right size for the Mini 9, external 160gb hard drive, powersupply, cables and other associated stuff. I still have room for other stuff I probably don't need to bring along. Great construction and functionality.

These cases come in sm, med, lg. Med is probably the best size depending on how much junk you lug around. You can find these on the Dell site for a slightly higher price. No real deals on EBay...pretty much retail when you factor in shipping being charged.

Obsidian Mini 9, WinXP, 2gb RAM, 16gb SSD, 16gb SDHC, 1.3mp WebCam
  (#54) Old

Default Re: Dell Mini Case/Sleeve - 10-21-2008, 01:49 AM

I just bought this one from Amazon, it seems like it work well.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001G55LWU

I'll let you know how it is when I get it.

- Mike
  (#55) Old

Default Re: Dell Mini Case/Sleeve - 10-21-2008, 03:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZoneCruiser
I ordered one of these yesterday...will let you all know what its like when I get it.

http://www.carrymobile.com/scripts/m...1BK&pdaid=MIN9

http://cgi.ebay.com/Leather-Case-for...3286.m20.l1116

Mine came today via USPS. Fast shipping and nice packaging to the USA. First class product, but I'm still waiting for my Mini so I can't say how well it works. But it does look good I can confirm that. Wish it had a business card holder in the inside there is however a small paper holder that could work.
  (#56) Old

Default Re: Dell Mini Case/Sleeve - 10-21-2008, 11:12 PM

For those of you with the leather case mentioned around this thread... any issues with cooling? Does it obscure all of the vents on the bottom of the system?
  (#57) Old

Default Re: Dell Mini Case/Sleeve - 10-22-2008, 02:14 AM

The case I got off of eBay came in the other day, and I'm quite pleased with it for $10 shipped.

brown matches my couch

reversed for blue

mini on top
  (#58) Old

Default Re: Dell Mini Case/Sleeve - 10-22-2008, 02:24 AM

[attachment=2:2iegcczh]IMG_3191.jpg[/attachment:2iegcczh]
Quote:
Originally Posted by webdes03
For those of you with the leather case mentioned around this thread... any issues with cooling? Does it obscure all of the vents on the bottom of the system?
Got the Mini 9 today and I am now using the leather case from CarryMobile. I have not yet used it long enough to address the heat question. I'll give it a try tomorrow and follow-up with a report. The fit is good. The case does not really protect the rear corner/ leading edges of the Mini. Think of it as more of a leather book cover. It is going to look good when I "take" a meeting. Now if only I could get away with surfing during the "taking" of the meeting
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_3191.jpg (15.6 KB, 8810 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3192.jpg (15.0 KB, 8780 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3193.jpg (19.0 KB, 8783 views)
  (#59) Old

Default Re: Dell Mini Case/Sleeve - 10-22-2008, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazz1
Quote:
Originally Posted by webdes03
There are some holes in the leather on the bottom of the case. Not many though. Still waiting for the Mini 9 so I can't say if heat is a problem. I can upload a pic. How can I do that?
When you write your post, below the submit button is an "Upload Attachment" tab... browse to the file and add it to your post before submitting your post...

I just ordered an e-sling by CaseLogic. They were about $10 cheaper on amazon than they are on the CL website. I'm still interested in that leather case for the mini itself, but i wanted a bag smaller than my laptop bag to carry around the mini, memory cards, digital camera and mp3 player for my upcoming trip to the UK...

http://www.caselogic.com/e_sling_med...modelid=125395
  (#60) Old

Default Re: Dell Mini Case/Sleeve Pelican Hard Case 1080 - 10-24-2008, 03:19 AM

http://www.amazon.com/Pelican-Hardback- ... 994&sr=1-2

This is for up to a 13" laptop. No shoulder strap anchor points though. Pelican rep. said it is meant to be put into a soft bag or case. The 15" version does have anchor points for shoulder strap.

I know adding this heavy duty case kind of defeats the purpose of a small and light netbook, but I'm thinking there might be some owners that might want this.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 31mO7czj+OL._SL500_AA280_.jpg (8.8 KB, 8755 views)

« Help needed formatting an SD card! | My converted Zippered Binder/dayplanner case for my mini9 »