External Accessories / Peripherals Discuss any accessories used to enhance your Dell Inspiron Mini experience.

(#21) Old

Default Re: Dell Mini Case/Sleeve - 10-06-2008, 10:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by menoats
Come on guys we're not going to start treating our Dell Mini-9s like people do with their iPods are we? Keep it real. This is how mine travels. Five star all the way.

Ordering special fabrics from around the globe that had me laughing, why not just wrap it in cashmere. Lets face it gadgets are going to get scratches, dents, finger prints, and dirty, it shows that we're using them. I could understand wanting to protect your purchase but thankfully the Mini-9 is sturdy, and even a binder or any size backpack will do.

My case from hong kong cost less than your fivestar...

The point of something that fits it is to prevent physical damage. Loose in a backpack is no way for a computer to travel.
  (#22) Old

Default Re: Dell Mini Case/Sleeve - 10-06-2008, 10:29 PM

I don't pay 400-600 dollars for something and then act like it's ok for it to get DENTED. Scratches, I try to avoid them, fingerprints and dirt of course is unavoidable.
  (#23) Old

Default Re: Dell Mini Case/Sleeve - 10-07-2008, 07:00 AM

I'm sure you guys will love this one, it's the case from an Asus Eee PC 4G, along with a very small backpack that I found at Goodwill:

(#24) Old

Default Re: Dell Mini Case/Sleeve-Spent The Day As Man Bag - 10-08-2008, 02:27 AM

Okay, my Dell Mini 9 is still on order, but I had to carry a few items with me all day today. I was impressed how well it was designed, and how well it was made. I got caught in a light rain and the contents of the bag, a book iPod Touch, headphones, and snack bar kept dry.

Of course I will put this bag in full use, as God intended ASAP when my the Ubuntu Dell finally arrives towards the end of the month. IMHO the bag is well worth the money. I sure could have used the Mini 9 today as accompanied the spouse through what seemed miles of hallways.
  (#25) Old

Default Re: Dell Mini Case/Sleeve - 10-08-2008, 02:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZoneCruiser
I ordered one of these yesterday...will let you all know what its like when I get it.

http://www.carrymobile.com/scripts/m...1BK&pdaid=MIN9

http://cgi.ebay.com/Leather-Case-for...3286.m20.l1116

I did the deal to. Any idea how the top cover stays put when you open it? Check their WWW site it also has a place inside to stash some paper. There also seemed to be a new model with a small, flush, grab handle on a beige color with contrasting black(handle).
  (#26) Old

Default Re: Dell Mini Case/Sleeve - 10-08-2008, 03:30 AM

I picked up one of these Belkin neoprene things. It says it's for 7" laptops but it fits the Mini perfectly.

http://catalog.belkin.com/IWCatProdu...duct_Id=460075
  (#27) Old

Default Re: Dell Mini Case/Sleeve - 10-08-2008, 04:18 AM

I got the Timbuk2 sleeve from Dell and then I got this:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 0291039453
the top is a little snug, but not bad.

It fits the Mini with the sleeve on + my portable iomega drive + cables/power.... = awesomeness.

Alpine White + Win XP + 2GB RAM + 16GB SSD + 16GB SDHC + 1.3mp Cam + Bluetooth (for BB modem)
  (#28) Old

Default Re: Dell Mini Case/Sleeve - 10-08-2008, 12:45 PM

I use a portable DVD case
  (#29) Old

Default Re: Dell Mini Case/Sleeve - 10-09-2008, 01:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ytsejam1138
I picked it up on the way from work today. It wasn't on clearance, so I had to pay the $9.99, but well worth it. The AC Adapter fits fine in the front pocket, although there is no velcro or a snap to keep it closed. The main pocket is zippered and padded to hold the Mini. It fits perfect. almost like it was made for it.

I don't have my mini yet, but I got one of these from radio shack on the way home. It was on clearance for $7.49 at my store. Nice little bag, wish I had the mini to put in it!

Black Mini 9 - Runcore 64 SSD - 2GB Ram - 1.3 Cam - BT - Windows 7
  (#30) Old

Send a message via AIM to jbloodwo
Default Re: Dell Mini Case/Sleeve - 10-09-2008, 01:41 AM

Well here is the red version of the timbuck2 case.

What is funny even knowing the specs of the system i was shocked at small the case was....

Dell vostro 1400
Dell Mini 9 8 gig ssd 1 gig ram .3mp cam
powerbook G4 ( needs to be refreshed still on 10.4)

« Help needed formatting an SD card! | My converted Zippered Binder/dayplanner case for my mini9 »