External Accessories / Peripherals Discuss any accessories used to enhance your Dell Inspiron Mini experience.

(#251) Old

Default 08-22-2009, 04:06 AM

I have the same Golla case as Phaseone. It fits nicely into my rolling briefcase when I take the train into the city.

jeannine's- Dell Mini 9, 2GB RAM, 64GB Runcore Drive,
powerfung megabattery
  (#252) Old

Default New Cases - 08-23-2009, 05:25 PM

In the interest of full disclosure, this is my website and company. With that being said, I would like to introduce our new line of cases. I realize that there are many inexpensive alternatives to these cases. However, we have chosen to create a case at the opposite end of the spectrum, something for a Netbook owner who wishes to purchase something made from high quality Turkish leather. Again, at this price and quality I'm sure to receive some bashing, but for those Netbook owners looking for something nicer, something they'd want to show off, then I think these cases are the best on the market (my own opinion of course).

Available as pictured, both the Dell Mini 10 Sleeve Case, and the Dell Mini 10 Standard Case.

Dell Mini 10 Sleeve Case : $1 Shipping!: Google Checkout available.

Dell Mini 10 Leather Case : $1 Shipping!: Google Checkout available.

Thanks,

-Mike DiLeo
Owner
Pocket Solutions, Inc.
  (#253) Old

Default 08-23-2009, 07:49 PM

Nothing for the Mini9? Too bad.
  (#254) Old
Super Moderator

Default 08-23-2009, 08:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibmiked View Post
In the interest of full disclosure, this is my website and company. With that being said, I would like to introduce our new line of cases. I realize that there are many inexpensive alternatives to these cases. However, we have chosen to create a case at the opposite end of the spectrum, something for a Netbook owner who wishes to purchase something made from high quality Turkish leather. Again, at this price and quality I'm sure to receive some bashing, but for those Netbook owners looking for something nicer, something they'd want to show off, then I think these cases are the best on the market (my own opinion of course).

Available as pictured, both the Dell Mini 10 Sleeve Case, and the Dell Mini 10 Standard Case.

Dell Mini 10 Sleeve Case : $1 Shipping!: Google Checkout available.

Dell Mini 10 Leather Case : $1 Shipping!: Google Checkout available.

Thanks,

-Mike DiLeo
Owner
Pocket Solutions, Inc.
I gotta admit, those are some nice looking cases. A little rich for my blood, but they are very sharp looking indeed.

Alienware M11xR2 - Core i5 1.06 - 4 GB - 250 GB HD

Triple Boot Guide - 10v RAM Upgrade Videos - mechdrew's OSX guides
  (#255) Old

Default 09-09-2009, 04:00 PM

Does anyone know of any good, preferably cheap cases that are good for 11.6" netbooks? Yes, it is the 11z that I have in mind.

Janne
  (#256) Old
Expert Member

Default 09-09-2009, 08:49 PM

There is a companion thread to this one on bags. I'd think most of the messenger type bags mentioned in there would work for your laptop. I have the LA police gear bag mentioned and also the more expensive backpack/messenger convertible mentioned toward the end of the thread and the would easily hold such a size. (I'm imagining something in size midway between my mini9 and my DellD830 with 15.4 widescreen)

Mini1: Vostro A90, Black, 2G, 1.3 Webcam, Bluetooth, 64G SuperTalent, OS X 10.6.4
Mini2: Mini9, Black, 2G, 0.3 Webcam, Bluetooth, 32G RunCore, OS X/Win 7, internal PCI-e SHDC Reader
Mini3: Mini10v. Black, 2G, Webcam, 640G HD, OS X 10.5.8/Win 7/Ubuntu [Hibernate w/NBI 0.8.3 RC4]
Dropbox Referral
  (#257) Old

Default 09-14-2009, 04:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janne View Post
Does anyone know of any good, preferably cheap cases that are good for 11.6" netbooks? Yes, it is the 11z that I have in mind.

Janne
I've got the same questions.. but I'd prefer a clean black neoprene sleeve with out without zipper .. anyone know of any that might fit? I've been searching but haven't found anything.
  (#258) Old

Send a message via AIM to erikistired Send a message via MSN to erikistired Send a message via Yahoo to erikistired
Default 09-14-2009, 08:16 PM

i'm using the 12" timbuk2 sleeve for my 11z. it's a little loose, but really close, and i figure if i get the 6 cell battery it'll still fit.

Mini 10v | N270 | Windows 7 | 2GB | 500GB | BIOS A06
  (#259) Old
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to MoInSTL Send a message via MSN to MoInSTL Send a message via Yahoo to MoInSTL
Default 09-21-2009, 05:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janne View Post

Janne
Not sure if Deal Extreme is making one that would fit an 11, but it's worth looking. Don't just go by the dimensions. Many people post what fits the best.
http://www.dealextreme.com/products.dx/category.317

This is a little late & posted in another thread, but may still help....

Just a tip for those on a budget or want to save money on the cost of bags. Thrift stores! I just picked up a brand new, never used sling bag. Padded, adjustable, shoulder strap, padded handle, light padding on the back, exterior pocket with pen holders, etc. interior padded pocket. I paid $6.95. They had a ton of messenger bags in various styles & sizes. They also had a lot of small back packs and a few leather briefcase style bags.

Can't beat the prices and of course YMMV depending on your area stores.

Studio 15 1558| Black Chainlink| i5-520M, |4GB RAM |500 GB HD@7200 |ATI HD 4570, 512K|Backlit|9 Cell|Web Cam|Windows 7 Professional x64
  (#260) Old

Default 09-23-2009, 07:16 AM

this is going to sound pathetic, but until I find something better ...I keep mine in one of those blue crown royal felt drawstring bags that come with a bottle of crown royal liquor. I needed something temporary until I got something better & it seemed almost perfect.

btw.... I am looking for either a hard pelican-type carry case or a soft case or envelope-type case that's NOT made of condura (ballistic nylon), neoprene, nylon or any other manmade material. I prefer leather, cotton... etc etc. Manmade fabrics make my skin crawl. So if you know any out there... let me know.

« Help needed formatting an SD card! | My converted Zippered Binder/dayplanner case for my mini9 »