External Accessories / Peripherals Discuss any accessories used to enhance your Dell Inspiron Mini experience.

(#231) Old

Default Re: Dell Mini Case/Sleeve - 05-06-2009, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pickles
Actually, I am in love with that black weave one you made. Have you started thinking about making them for the Mini10's.
The one I made for JRM? I've had lots of inquiries about it since I made it, but it has it's limitations, which also become it's plusses. The way the sleeve is designed there's no way to permanently mount a pocket without causing a fuss with the closing system. Anything placed in the pocket would cause the walls of the sleeve to bulge and subsequently open the top - which necessitates the closing strap; but if I permanently mount a pocket there's no place to securely attach the strap.

However, with the PALS (Pouch Attachment Ladder System, a military standard) webbing you can add pockets/pouches already out on the market made for military/ law enforcement in a plethora of sizes, styles and colors as long as the colors are black or various camo's. Also with the PALS webbing I can add two carry handles (one on each side) attached via tri-glides. PALS is actually a very versatile modular mounting point system.

For the Mini 10 - I need to get my hands on one. I have the measurements, but without an actual Mini 10 on hand I'd hate to send one out nad have it not fit properly. Not quite as much of an issue with the standard sleeves I make, but size and fit become much more precise with the JRM sleeve.

Bringing you quality hand made fitted sleeves for the Mini 9 since January
http://shop.psyopper.com
  (#232) Old

Default Re: Dell Mini Case/Sleeve - 05-08-2009, 10:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by john150
Quote:
Originally Posted by MINIRUN47
Quote:
Originally Posted by john150
Anyone have this one? Looks good.

Kroo 11032 at Target.com

http://www.target.com/gp/detail.html/re ... B001CRBZI6
hey if you scroll up a few that's the one i got @ target on the end caps clearance area for 4.96 it fit's and is very well padded i posted pix a few post above your's check it out...
I just got mine. Looks like the one in your pics except mine has handles. Does yours have handles?
Negative no handles but i put mine in a backpack most of the time....

Ice Blue 32gb ssd 2gb ram OSX .3mp camera....
  (#233) Old

Default Re: Dell Mini Case/Sleeve - 05-09-2009, 06:37 PM

I finally went to target and picked up the Belkin Neoprene Sleeve for 7" laptops. It fits the Mini 9 perfectly. No stretching at all. I'm not too worried about the zippers as there is a small inner liner that protects the contents.
I got it in black for $12. I'll run with this for a while and if I don't like it I may try another one with a 2nd pocket, but for now this one is really nice. It will certainly stop the basic day to day scratches and bumping but I don't think it would help much in a drop situation.

I also had the chance to check out the Belkin messenger bag at Target. The same one that Dell offers. I was torn between that and the Timbuk2. After seeing the Belkin, although I like it, I think I will go with the Timbuk2. I like the construction a bit more and I really like the clips on the Timbuk2.

So thumbs up on the Belkin 7" Neoprene sleeeve, and I'll get back to you on the others.

Thanks.

Mini 9 - Kingston HyperX 2GB - 32GB Runcore - XP Home
  (#234) Old

Send a message via AIM to KimChee
Default Re: Dell Mini Case/Sleeve - 05-09-2009, 09:17 PM

Ive got one of the memory foam sleeves from ebay for $5 shipped, am also using the Case Logic HDC3 its for hard drives, but my mini 9 and accessories fit in it nicely.

http://www.caselogic.com/external_hard_ ... lid=106098

Dell Mini 9 8gb Obsidian Black XP SP3 Performance Edition..more to come..
UMPC: Fujitsu Lifebook 1120 Touchscreen, ext battery
PPC: Dell Axim X51v Lenny's wm 6.5 Alpha 2 Innopocket Mag Case, Dell Axim X30 624 mhz,
Smartphone: Nokia E61
  (#235) Old

Default I found this case perfect for Mini and its bits - 06-09-2009, 04:13 PM

I got my Mini as soon as they were available and at the saem time got this 'DVD PLayer' case but it is absolutely perfect.

DVD Case – Proporta

Google: proporta dvd case

It has three compartments...one is exact size for the Dell Mini 9 and even has a littel elastic strap if you want to use it to stop Mini falling out, not that it does.

Thentop two compartments offer exactly right amount of space for a UK mains charger, my glasses case, and small bits ion none and in the toher I have memory sticks, cds,mobile wifi dingle thing, earphones, hearing aid case etc.

When it's folded as seen in the picture it makes an additional compartment for the odd thing to slot in.

The buckle on the front acts as a handle but there is also a shoulder strap.
  (#236) Old

Default 06-12-2009, 03:11 AM

I bought this sleeve/case and really like it. Looks really nice. Mobile Edge MESSU1-8.9 8.9-Inch Ultraportable Neoprene SlipSuit. Has a pocket for AC adapted and mouse but my non collapsible bluetooth headphones won't fit...

Dell A90 |8GB SSD|1Gb RAM|Windows 7 RC1|16GB Toshiba USB|ZAGG invisibleSHIELD|Mobile Edge SlipSuit
  (#237) Old

Default 06-15-2009, 04:18 AM

Heya Peeps, recently ordered a dell mini 9 online, haven't received it in the mail yet, but just ordered this sleeve from Amazon JP here will let y'all know how it goes...
  (#238) Old

Default 06-21-2009, 02:46 AM

I just ordered the Case Logic Casual Netbook case, whatever that means for $8.01 delivered from Lenovo.

Here's the info on getting that deal: http://forums.slickdeals.net/showthread.php?t=1410841
I hope it works with my 6-cell battery-laden Mini 10v!

Mini 10v Atom 1.6 2GB RAM 120GB HD Bluetooth Camera 6-Cell Battery Obsidian Black OSX 10.5.7

DropBox.
  (#239) Old
Expert Member

Default 06-23-2009, 02:13 PM

I subscribe to alerts from dealmac.com and they just posted this one, a Belkin 7" netbook sleeve in black red or plum for 9.99 shipped but the dimensions make me think the mini9 would fit:

Belkin 7" Netbook Case with Handle - dealnews.com

Mini1: Vostro A90, Black, 2G, 1.3 Webcam, Bluetooth, 64G SuperTalent, OS X 10.6.4
Mini2: Mini9, Black, 2G, 0.3 Webcam, Bluetooth, 32G RunCore, OS X/Win 7, internal PCI-e SHDC Reader
Mini3: Mini10v. Black, 2G, Webcam, 640G HD, OS X 10.5.8/Win 7/Ubuntu [Hibernate w/NBI 0.8.3 RC4]
Dropbox Referral
  (#240) Old

Default 06-23-2009, 07:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobbie View Post
I just ordered the Case Logic Casual Netbook case, whatever that means for $8.01 delivered from Lenovo.
Curious if you will actually get it. My First dealing with Lenovo was a 2 month wait for my S-10. Second one was a 1 month wait for a sleeve that was on sale, they never shipped it. I finally called and asked, they said it was indefinitely backordered. No contact whatsoever too btw. Worst company I have ever dealty with...never again for me!

I did inherit a Timbuk2 from a deal and it is very nice! The girlfriend has a Purple Belkin from target that was made for a 7" eee, it fits the dell pretty good but the zipper wont close. She likes it because of the carrying handles though, it isnt like it could slip out.

« Help needed formatting an SD card! | My converted Zippered Binder/dayplanner case for my mini9 »