External Accessories / Peripherals Discuss any accessories used to enhance your Dell Inspiron Mini experience.

(#181) Old

Default Re: Dell Mini Case/Sleeve - 03-27-2009, 05:07 PM

Thanks for everyone's input on the forum. Made decisions based on opinions from here.
Here's a few comparision shots of the Dealextreme neoprene sleeve with the Case Logic "Netbook/DVD player" sleeve.
The Case Logic is very nice but is not at all snug (leaves a 1.5 inch gap at the top to the computer.
The Dealextreme sleeve is perfectly snug, however it comes scrunched up (which will go away) and it smells like gasoline, which I assume will dissipate. (I'm still scratching my head on that one)
(That's the SGPStore.com carbon fiber skin)

(#182) Old

Default Re: Dell Mini Case/Sleeve - 03-29-2009, 11:28 PM

My Mini 9 travels in a larger bag with other stuff, so I don't need an armored case. I got the Deal Extreme slipcase, too and am happy. Fits like a glove and no zippers to scratch my mini. At $4.57 shipped it's hard to beat. (Mine didn't come crinkled - that's wierd.)
  (#183) Old

Default Re: Dell Mini Case/Sleeve - 03-30-2009, 01:21 AM

Sounds like they packed yours nicely from the start. (Quick update, the wrinkles on mine were completely gone after 24 hours.) Yeah, it really is hard to beat the price and fit for those of us who just toss this in another bag.
  (#184) Old

Default Re: Dell Mini Case/Sleeve - 03-31-2009, 06:24 PM

I originally bought the sleeve from Dell, and later picked up the dealextreme sleeve. The Dell one was OK, but seemed to be just slightly too big for the computer (ie not "snug" enough). For day to day use though, I've switched to the dealextreme one which I highly recommend for under $5. And I've found, if I wanted to, I can actually (just) fit the mini in the dealextreme sleeve inside the Dell sleeve. So double-protection for when I travel with it.
  (#185) Old

Default Re: Dell Mini Case/Sleeve - 03-31-2009, 08:48 PM

I'm very happy with my "old" Ben's Pizza Crumpler Bag to carry around my Mini9.
The computer fits very snugly and there's plenty of room to cart around the essential bits and pieces.

Click for full size - Uploaded with plasq's Skitch

(#186) Old

Default Re: Dell Mini Case/Sleeve - 04-01-2009, 05:55 PM

that crumpler case looks sweet!! is that 'enclosure' part of the bag? i just ordered this guy from timbuk2.
http://www.timbuk2.com/tb2/products/...sleeve/size/1/

I have a few of their bags and their stuff is great. I'm planning on using my extra small messenger bag. I think the sleeve will be a few inches too big, but i hope its not terrible.
  (#187) Old

Default Re: Dell Mini Case/Sleeve - 04-01-2009, 06:34 PM

I think I will be picking up one of these on the way home.

http://www.chromebagsstore.com/hipbones.html

I already have a chrome bag that I use all the time - definitely worth the price tag IMO
  (#188) Old

Default Re: Dell Mini Case/Sleeve - 04-01-2009, 08:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zöltuger
My 8.9" Zeroshock III sleeve arrived this morning from Japan. Total cost was US$32.95 including shipping.

It's roughly the size of an A4 piece of paper and there's plenty of room - the mini isn't too tight inside. It's quite light to carry, weighs 200g (0.44 lb). Probably because the foam is reasonably thin. Seems a lot softer than my old Zeroshock II case for my Inspiron 700m.
Outside is smooth, not quite leather or vinyl - almost a smooth nylon/plastic. Inside is, made from the same memory type foam/neoprene that I expected, except its bumpy rather than smooth. Also has a pocket on top, but it's a tight squeeze. You won't be fitting the charger in there! maybe a USB cable.
So far I think I've made the right decision, I think it should stand up to knocks pretty well. Initially I thought the case was too big, but the fit is good now that I look at it. Will post further comments once I get a chance to road test it a bit more.
I noticed there is a 7.0" version. Do you think that it would fit the Mini 9 better? I'm trying to decide which size to go with.

* Dell Mini 9 * Atom 1.6GHz * Crucial 2GB * RunCore 32GB SSD * Mac OSX 10.5.8 *
  (#189) Old

Default Re: Dell Mini Case/Sleeve - 04-01-2009, 08:52 PM

i dropped by Target(r) today and they had the quilted zip sleeve/case from Belkin originally designed for the eeePC on clearance for $9-something. in Black, Berry and Electric Blue. FYI.
http://catalog.belkin.com/IWCatProductP ... _Id=459968
  (#190) Old

Default Re: Dell Mini Case/Sleeve - 04-01-2009, 09:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yaqui316
that crumpler case looks sweet!! is that 'enclosure' part of the bag? i just ordered this guy from timbuk2.
http://www.timbuk2.com/tb2/products/...sleeve/size/1/

I have a few of their bags and their stuff is great. I'm planning on using my extra small messenger bag. I think the sleeve will be a few inches too big, but i hope its not terrible.
The "enclosure" is part of the bag but normally the two parts from form compartments by sticking from front to back - I just bodged them together to make a mini-sized separation across the back.

I'd love to get a Timbuk2 but I'm going to wait till I visit the US in May - shipping to the UK costs more than the bag!

« Help needed formatting an SD card! | My converted Zippered Binder/dayplanner case for my mini9 »