External Accessories / Peripherals Discuss any accessories used to enhance your Dell Inspiron Mini experience.

(#171) Old

Default Re: Dell Mini Case/Sleeve - 03-19-2009, 07:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by klongwood
Can these fit a paper notebook in them? Or are they too small for that?
I think the answer is probably "barely". The dimensions on the website are 12.75" wide and 8.5" high. Bottom of bag width is 10.25". The picture of the website shows some magazines in it. Sorry, I'm not near mine now, so I can't try to put a notebook in it.
  (#172) Old

Default Re: Dell Mini Case/Sleeve - 03-20-2009, 03:13 AM

I ordered this one like tuesday, it arrives tomorrow! Its a great deal for me since my fav color is lime green.

(#173) Old

Default Re: Dell Mini Case/Sleeve - 03-20-2009, 08:53 PM

I got the Case Logic 7-10" for ultra-portable PC case. The only part number I could find as 63-2101183 and a bar code:
85854 17097
It was at a local Radio Shack. I will just make sure that if I use the outer sleeve to store the power adapter, that I will put the unit in the case so that the LCD is turned the other way. That way if the case is bumped, the power adapter woudln't be stressing the side with the LCD. It is a nice, small, and inexpensive case. Just a little handle on top, and no huge strap.

"Germanium" Jack
  (#174) Old

Default Re: Dell Mini Case/Sleeve - 03-21-2009, 12:31 AM

I just got my timbuk2 classic in today and its GREAT! bought a belkin sleeve with it from bestbuy for $5! the case fits in the bag perfectly
  (#175) Old

Default Re: Dell Mini Case/Sleeve - 03-22-2009, 06:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arshield
I got the Targus Solo TSA bag at Microcenter.

http://www.amazon.com/TCA511-4-Collecti ... 092&sr=8-8

I really like it. I wanted something I could travel with and would hold both my mini and my kindle.
Indeed a great bag I got mine today for 39 at best buy. It was nice because I could compare it to everything I have read here in the forums and what I want in a bag.

First of all it is sexy, tough, and well made.
Things I would carry in it:
cat5 cable
power cord
business cards
Invoices for customers (I do on site tech support)
Mini 9

Also I could carry a phone and passport for when I travel.

I was originally going to buy the case logic e-sling but it seemed to feminine for me. It really screams man purse, but that's my opinion.

Thank you for having this thread to show me all the options before I go out and buy something I would regret.
  (#176) Old

Default Re: Dell Mini Case/Sleeve - 03-22-2009, 10:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TD99
http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.15379
I picked one of these up too. It arrived yesterday, and I'm extremely pleased. The fit is ideal for the Mini 9 - now I can throw it in my messenger bag with no worries. It should also be compatible with the Leave it in the bag TSA screening process (no metal zips or pockets to interfere with the xray).

Thanks for the tip! What an incredible price too.

PS: I turned the bag red-side-out out for a few hours and the initial smell was greatly minimized.
  (#177) Old

Default Re: Dell Mini Case/Sleeve - 03-22-2009, 10:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterg
I am using the Targus 10 inch portable dvd player case.

It has plenty of room for a power adapter, mouse and CDs. Just search for DVD case at targus.com.

I got mine for $12 at Marshalls.
[attachment=2:rthkgujo]HPIM0523.JPG[/attachment:rthkgujo]

Lot of neat stuff out there, but being in a hurry, I too, picked up the Targus 10" DVD player case at my local Wal*Mart.
A quick modification made the internal "shelf" usable with a couple of zip-ties. I plan to replace the ties with black ones when I get a chance. Tight pocke is good enough for the power adaptor, and probaly a mouse and a few slim accessories, as well as built in CD sleeve pockets. My Slim USB Cdrive then fit on the shelf/pocket.
You will also have some extra staps that you can use elsewhere. The "D" rings on the back side of the shelf are plastic, so I just left them, but you could remove them with a razor blade if they interfere with anything.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg HPIM0523.JPG (991.2 KB, 35 views)
File Type: jpg HPIM0524.JPG (1.02 MB, 22 views)
File Type: jpg HPIM0525.JPG (1.02 MB, 26 views)

A+ Certified,
Tech wannabee!
  (#178) Old

Default Re: Dell Mini Case/Sleeve - 03-22-2009, 10:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mileslb56
Quote:
Originally Posted by peterg
I am using the Targus 10 inch portable dvd player case.

It has plenty of room for a power adapter, mouse and CDs. Just search for DVD case at targus.com.

I got mine for $12 at Marshalls.
[attachment=5:22a7a43i]HPIM0523.JPG[/attachment:22a7a43i]

Lot of neat stuff out there, but being in a hurry, I too, picked up the Targus 10" DVD player case at my local Wal*Mart.
A quick modification made the internal "shelf" usable with a couple of zip-ties. I plan to replace the ties with black ones when I get a chance. Tight pocke is good enough for the power adaptor, and probaly a mouse and a few slim accessories, as well as built in CD sleeve pockets. My Slim USB Cdrive then fit on the shelf/pocket.
You will also have some extra staps that you can use elsewhere. The "D" rings on the back side of the shelf are plastic, so I just left them, but you could remove them with a razor blade if they interfere with anything.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg HPIM0526.JPG (1,011.2 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg HPIM0527.JPG (1.01 MB, 16 views)
File Type: jpg HPIM0528.JPG (989.3 KB, 11 views)

A+ Certified,
Tech wannabee!
  (#179) Old

Default Re: Dell Mini Case/Sleeve - 03-23-2009, 10:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scaught
I ordered a waterfield designs netbook sleevecase. It came to $45, so it's not cheap, but it's made in San Francisco and all their stuff is good quality. Nice company to order from, too. I'll post pix and a review when I get it.
Got the sleeve today. REALLY well made. Sturdy. Quality cordura type material on the outside, some kind of squishy padding thing on the inside. Fancy little loop on the bottom. No extra room for really anything else as it's just a sleeve.

(#180) Old

Default Re: Dell Mini Case/Sleeve - 03-26-2009, 08:22 PM

One problem I've had with the tight fitting neoprene sleeves (mine was a Target Belkin) is they can be very slippery!

When I first began using mine it slid out of my hands twice! Fortunately the mini was not damaged.

I've not had a problem recently. Maybe the slickness has worn off or I'm just more careful.

« Help needed formatting an SD card! | My converted Zippered Binder/dayplanner case for my mini9 »