External Accessories / Peripherals Discuss any accessories used to enhance your Dell Inspiron Mini experience.

(#161) Old

Default Re: Dell Mini Case/Sleeve - 03-13-2009, 08:54 PM

Had this one for a few weeks now. Although there isn't room for the charger its a really nicely made, hard shell case. Oh and it comes in pretty colours as well. ^ ^

http://www.targus.com/UK/popup.asp?sku= ... o+Slipcase
  (#162) Old

Default Re: Dell Mini Case/Sleeve - 03-15-2009, 02:20 AM

I was definitely hackin' away at a TargusDVD301 that I bought at Walmart for $18.00. I wanted anything out of the case that could scratch the Mini 9. I liked the look of a Case Logic E Sling but not the $40.00 price. I can carry this in horizontal mode with the handle or vertical mode over my shoulder with the included straps. For extra padding I cut my eee 1000ha sleeve and put in with the MINI 9. The pictures are bad so you cannot tell. I have plenty of room for extras as you can see. I would recommend this case. I did see a Swiss Gear case at Target that was sportier looking but the padding and functionability were not there.
  (#163) Old

Default Re: Dell Mini Case/Sleeve - 03-17-2009, 02:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielN
I like my extra small Timbuk2 classic messenger bag... http://www.timbuk2.com/tb2/products/mes ... er/size/1/

For $23 it's a good deal:
I saw this guy's bag and liked it and ordered one of my own. The cost for this color combination was $22.75, hard to beat for a quality bag...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 100_7950.JPG (703.9 KB, 54 views)
File Type: jpg 100_7948.JPG (871.7 KB, 50 views)
File Type: jpg 100_7943.JPG (1.37 MB, 39 views)
  (#164) Old

Default Re: Dell Mini Case/Sleeve - 03-17-2009, 05:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggosson
Quote:
I like my extra small Timbuk2 classic messenger bag... http://www.timbuk2.com/tb2/products/mes ... er/size/1/

I saw this guy's bag and liked it and ordered one of my own. The cost for this color combination was $22.75, hard to beat for a quality bag...
Timbuk2 website is having a 25% sale on all bags with green in it. Basically, XS bag is about $25 shipped, since cheapest shipping is $6.95 and you get a little over $5 off a $22.75 bag with the 25% discount. Their Rusty/Green Haze/Rusty color combo looks more like brown/beige/brown, so even if green isn't your thing, if brown is. . .
  (#165) Old

Default Re: Dell Mini Case/Sleeve - 03-18-2009, 02:31 AM

Thanks for the heads up. I just ordered the Rusty/Green Haze/Rusty for $24.01 shipped. These bags get great reviews and can run upwards of $100 even for the Extra Small on some websites.

My Dell Mini 9
Black / BIOS A05 / Dual Booting XP Pro and Ubuntu 9.04 / 2GB RAM / 16GB SSD / BT 2.0 / 1.3MP Webcam / US-INTL Keyboard U061H
Extras:
16GB SDHC
Sleeve
External Drive
Skin
Buffalo MicroSD USB Memory Stick w/8GB MicroSD
  (#166) Old

Default Re: Dell Mini Case/Sleeve - 03-18-2009, 02:46 PM

Thanks for this website and this thread topic specifically. You guys (and gals) rock! I'm thinking of going the 'Bible' route withthe case, myself. Bought a 10" portable DVD plaer case from Radio Shack a month ago and found it was too big for the mini, but gave it to a relative who has the MSI Wind and who loves it.

EDIT: Got the ebay $9 'Bible' case. It's great - fits nearly exactly. no actual padding, but the leather of the case acts like padding. Since I happen to be liberal/Christian, the cross on the zipper is fine.
  (#167) Old

Default Re: Dell Mini Case/Sleeve - 03-18-2009, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gadgetlover
Timbuk2 website is having a 25% sale on all bags with green in it. Basically, XS bag is about $25 shipped, since cheapest shipping is $6.95 and you get a little over $5 off a $22.75 bag with the 25% discount. Their Rusty/Green Haze/Rusty color combo looks more like brown/beige/brown, so even if green isn't your thing, if brown is. . .
Timbuk2 has extended their 25% off sale through Thursday. I bought a small classic messenger at the end of January, and I love it. I've tried a number of lesser laptop bags, and the difference is amazing. The Timbuk2 is comfortable and stylish. I like the small because it limits how much I'm carrying around. My old Swiss Gear often topped out at 30lbs just because it could.
  (#168) Old

Default Re: Dell Mini Case/Sleeve - 03-18-2009, 03:28 PM

I ordered a waterfield designs netbook sleevecase. It came to $45, so it's not cheap, but it's made in San Francisco and all their stuff is good quality. Nice company to order from, too. I'll post pix and a review when I get it.
  (#169) Old

Default Re: Dell Mini Case/Sleeve - 03-19-2009, 05:10 AM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

My bag arrived today and I think it'll be a great fit for what I need. Enough internal pockets to store things separately, excellent build quality and very attractive. I have a lightweight sleeve on order from Dealextreme I'll use to protect the mini within this bag since it's not a snug fit, but I can carry extra things while still keeping the overall form factor compact.
  (#170) Old

Default Re: Dell Mini Case/Sleeve - 03-19-2009, 07:40 AM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Can these fit a paper notebook in them? Or are they too small for that?

« Help needed formatting an SD card! | My converted Zippered Binder/dayplanner case for my mini9 »