External Accessories / Peripherals Discuss any accessories used to enhance your Dell Inspiron Mini experience.

(#141) Old
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to MoInSTL Send a message via MSN to MoInSTL Send a message via Yahoo to MoInSTL
Default Re: Dell Mini Case/Sleeve - 02-25-2009, 08:34 AM

How did you get it at that price?

Is there any padding on the bottom?

Studio 15 1558| Black Chainlink| i5-520M, |4GB RAM |500 GB HD@7200 |ATI HD 4570, 512K|Backlit|9 Cell|Web Cam|Windows 7 Professional x64
  (#142) Old

Default Re: Dell Mini Case/Sleeve - 02-25-2009, 09:44 AM

I have an extra Case Logic E-Sling large that I am not using any longer since I got my new vertical briefcase.

Any takers?

Obsidian Black Mini9 - XP Pro - 16gb SSD - 16gb SDHC - 2gb RAM - Bluetooth - 1.3 webcam
  (#143) Old

Default Re: Dell Mini Case/Sleeve - 02-25-2009, 11:05 PM

-- MOVED FROM THE GEAR BAGS THREAD (by recommendation) ---

This is my Case Logic DVD carrier (APDV3) that I picked up from Walmart for $20. Not the cheapest thing around (which is what I normally go for) but I liked it as soon as I saw it. I'm absolutely NOT a "pouch and pocket" guy -- this just is a decent-looking fake-leather case with decent padding with a large zippered pocket for the accessories. The Mini fits perfectly and can be velcro-strapped in. It has an absurd number of straps and connectors (since it's designed to be able to be "mounted" in a car).

The front view from the Amazon page:

This shows the pocket with the velcro cover thrown back, unzippered, and front pulled away. You can see the Mini power adapter in there, along with my collapsible headphones. There is a flat pocket also inside this pocket (designed for DVDs) , where thin items like SD cards or small cables could go.
[attachment=1:3izrgr38]pocket.jpg[/attachment:3izrgr38]

This is inside the case, with my black mini strapped in. I'm thinking about cutting away the "corner webbing" so that the top folds back all the way. There is also a wire to connect the Mini's headphone jack to an external dual headphone jack, which is mounted just under the handle (barely visible at the bottom).
[attachment=0:3izrgr38]inside.jpg[/attachment:3izrgr38]

This is my first Mini and my first case, so I'm still getting used to it. Just thought I would share what I found and like so far. It's funny -- when it's all zippered up it's still so small it's hard to believe it contains a computer.

EDIT: I knocked my other images off moving it (the attachment thing confused me) -- I'll put the pics up again tonight.
EDIT2: Fixed the images.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg pocket.jpg (22.0 KB, 3755 views)
File Type: jpg inside.jpg (21.2 KB, 3737 views)
  (#144) Old

Default Re: Dell Mini Case/Sleeve - 02-26-2009, 12:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoInSTL

Certain colors are on sale.
  (#145) Old

Default Re: Dell Mini Case/Sleeve - 02-26-2009, 08:28 PM

I actually got the 'sleeve' I'm using for my Mini 9 with the RAM I ordered from NewEgg - they shipped the SODIMM in a bubble-wrap lined envelope (approx 9"x12") that fits the Mini perfectly - at that point, I just toss it into whatever bag I happen to be using.
  (#146) Old

Default Re: Dell Mini Case/Sleeve - 02-26-2009, 09:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielN
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoInSTL

Certain colors are on sale.
Exactly. Click on each of the colors available on the website. Some of them are $65, some are $32.50, and some are even cheaper.

For <$23, the chestnut/silver/chestnut is pretty darned attractive. Plus it would go well with the rust-colored REI E-Wrap XS that I have. Nice to color-coordinate my Mini's fashion accessories.

His: Obsidian Mini-9: Karmic UNR w/ Vbox-XP, 2gb, 32gb STEC, 16gb Transcend(6), US-INTL, sgpstore carbon
Hers: Arctic Mini-9: Dell Ubuntu, 1gb, 16gb STEC, 8gb SDHC(6)
Are you a Help Vampire?
  (#147) Old

Default Re: Dell Mini Case/Sleeve - 02-27-2009, 09:08 PM

The leather Bible covers sold on Ebay make great cases for the Mini 9...and maybe the netbook stealing thieves won't want it if they think it's a Bible! They're about $8 - $20 .

[attachment=1:3kyeoq8k]100_1769.JPG[/attachment:3kyeoq8k][attachment=0:3kyeoq8k]100_1770.JPG[/attachment:3kyeoq8k]
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 100_1769.JPG (233.1 KB, 49 views)
File Type: jpg 100_1770.JPG (192.6 KB, 27 views)
  (#148) Old

Default Re: Dell Mini Case/Sleeve - 02-28-2009, 01:06 AM

Wow! Thats great! In a case like that, loaded with an e-book of the scriptures, surely my wife cannot object to me bringing it to church!

His: Obsidian Mini-9: Karmic UNR w/ Vbox-XP, 2gb, 32gb STEC, 16gb Transcend(6), US-INTL, sgpstore carbon
Hers: Arctic Mini-9: Dell Ubuntu, 1gb, 16gb STEC, 8gb SDHC(6)
Are you a Help Vampire?
  (#149) Old

Default Re: Dell Mini Case/Sleeve - 02-28-2009, 05:16 PM

I just got one from here:

http://mydellmini.com/forum/taking-p...ves-t3760.html

Mine is on page 3, the Olive Brown one. While not the cheapest option it's highly customizable. I highly recommend psyopper's work.
  (#150) Old

Default Re: Dell Mini Case/Sleeve - 03-04-2009, 08:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimg3525
The leather Bible covers sold on Ebay make great cases for the Mini 9...and maybe the netbook stealing theaves won't want it if they think it's a Bible! They're about $8 - $20 .
That has to be the best idea I've heard in a long time! 8-)

Nick

Macbook Pro 15" (4.1) - Running Ubuntu 8.10 in a VM
Mini 9 - Black, 4GB, 512MB, Ubuntu, no accessories

« Help needed formatting an SD card! | My converted Zippered Binder/dayplanner case for my mini9 »