External Accessories / Peripherals Discuss any accessories used to enhance your Dell Inspiron Mini experience.

(#131) Old

Default Re: Dell Mini Case/Sleeve - 02-16-2009, 12:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaba
I bought this case from Amazon.
Link/price please?? - thanx
  (#132) Old

Default Re: Dell Mini Case/Sleeve - 02-16-2009, 04:11 AM

SDGuy,
Sorry I don't have a link available now but I bought it through Amazon from a company called Senyx LLC for $22.99 plus about $5.00 for shipping. It is advertised as a foam padded case for the Dell Mini 9. It fits like a glove when zipped up.

I ordered one for my wife's mini and liked it so well that I ordered another one for me.

Mini 9=Black/64gb RunCore SSD/1.3 camera/Blue Tooth/2gb RAM/WAN Card Slot and running XP PRO
  (#133) Old

Default Re: Dell Mini Case/Sleeve - 02-19-2009, 09:35 PM

The Eagle Creek "Simple Pouch" EC-40447 houses the mini 9 snugly by length and width, but with room in 2 external pockets for UK mains adaptor with Euro adaptor, network cable and enough depth or thickness for a book.
Shoulder strap, various colours including black.
No padding.
Available in the UK - I got mine frommy local Rohan for £28.

The Eagle Creek Guide? Pro is another possibility - more room better protection etc.

Pity the Timbuk2 isnt available in the UK

Robert in the UK
  (#134) Old

Default Re: Dell Mini Case/Sleeve - 02-19-2009, 10:13 PM

Attached Images
File Type: png case.png (175.7 KB, 80 views)

Dell Inspiron 1750, T6600, 4GB RAM, Wireless N
  (#135) Old

Default Re: Dell Mini Case/Sleeve - 02-20-2009, 12:06 AM

Five bucks and free shipping? I might get that to use for now. I will probably make a case with fabric I like eventually-I like cute things and my "cute" mini needs a cute case.

First time Mini 9 Owner. Purchased on 2/17/2009.
  (#136) Old

Default Re: Dell Mini Case/Sleeve - 02-20-2009, 03:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishEyez
I bought I nice looking neoprene sleeve from Amazon from Kroo. I hope it's the right size....I bought a previous Kroo case and it was a little too long for the length of the computer. If it fits right I'll post pics and post a link to the case.
This case is perfect:
http://www.amazon.com/Kroo-90376-Sle...5101811&sr=1-7

The size is just right...maybe a little snug; however, I'd much rather have snug than loose. Plus, this case has a protective lip that protects the computer from the zipper. Great case. Great price.
  (#137) Old

Default Re: Dell Mini Case/Sleeve - 02-20-2009, 08:38 PM

pictures of mini9 carrying bag.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg carrybag6.jpg (155.5 KB, 56 views)
File Type: jpg carrybag1.jpg (110.0 KB, 34 views)
File Type: jpg carrybag.jpg (128.6 KB, 28 views)
  (#138) Old

Default Re: Dell Mini Case/Sleeve - 02-24-2009, 12:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cghebert
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoInSTL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Movemint
got this one from REI yesterday

http://www.rei.com/product/763389

Dont have my Mini 9 yet, so not sure how it will fit, but it looks nice and small. Has a mess front pocket that looks as though it will expand, yet stay snug. opens from side and top and even has loops to attach a shoulder strap.

On clearance for less than 10 bucks!

~Jordan
I'm an REI member too and saw that same one. Good price too. Please post back or PM me with the info on how well your mini fits. Kind of a drab color but the price is right if it fits
I'm also interested in that one so please post back with your thoughts. Of course, with REI's great return policy, I might just order it and return it if it doesn't fit my needs.
I snagged one of those on clearance at my local REI. Last one. I wasn't picky about the rust color. Now the X-Small doesn't show up online at all. It really is completely gone from their inventory and only available if you happen to stumble into one at a local REI store.

Its pretty much a perfect fit. Maybe even a little on the big size. There is definately extra room along the long and short edges, so if you lay out the cable just right the AC adapter fits nicely inside the case next to the Mini.

I also own a "BuiltNY Accessory Organizer Bag" that I cut out the stitching for one side to make a Mini-sized man-purse that has one big pouch for the Mini and 3 smaller pouches for accessories that all zip together. Very slick. Surf eBay for "Built NY Accessory Organizer Bag".

They look like this (also available in other colors/patterns):

His: Obsidian Mini-9: Karmic UNR w/ Vbox-XP, 2gb, 32gb STEC, 16gb Transcend(6), US-INTL, sgpstore carbon
Hers: Arctic Mini-9: Dell Ubuntu, 1gb, 16gb STEC, 8gb SDHC(6)
Are you a Help Vampire?
  (#139) Old
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to MoInSTL Send a message via MSN to MoInSTL Send a message via Yahoo to MoInSTL
Default Re: Dell Mini Case/Sleeve - 02-24-2009, 09:22 PM

I ended up returning mine to my local REI store. They had several of the extra small ones in the store however.

I called a company called Mobile Edge with questions about how well the Mini would fit in one of their bags and received an email from them today. The woman I spoke with is also a Mini 9 owner. Told her about this site too.

"We spoke yesterday about the Dell Mini 9 and the new bag we have coming out. The bag was just put onto our website for you to order, or just take a look at.

I just tested my laptop in there and it fits PERFECTLY! I know you were concerned about it having too much room to slide around in, but it’s a perfect fit for the Mini 9."

http://www.mobileedge.com/whats-new/edg ... r-bag.html

I guess I will be calling back to find out what those rings are.

Studio 15 1558| Black Chainlink| i5-520M, |4GB RAM |500 GB HD@7200 |ATI HD 4570, 512K|Backlit|9 Cell|Web Cam|Windows 7 Professional x64
  (#140) Old

Default Re: Dell Mini Case/Sleeve - 02-25-2009, 07:22 AM

I like my extra small Timbuk2 classic messenger bag... http://www.timbuk2.com/tb2/products/mes ... er/size/1/

For $23 it's a good deal:

« Help needed formatting an SD card! | My converted Zippered Binder/dayplanner case for my mini9 »