External Accessories / Peripherals Discuss any accessories used to enhance your Dell Inspiron Mini experience.

(#121) Old

Default Re: Dell Mini Case/Sleeve - 02-05-2009, 03:40 PM

Does anyone know where to buy a professional looking sleeve from a brick and mortar store like best buy? Everywhere I've looked so far only has the larger bags.
  (#122) Old

Default Re: Dell Mini Case/Sleeve - 02-05-2009, 06:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenmind
Does anyone know where to buy a professional looking sleeve from a brick and mortar store like best buy? Everywhere I've looked so far only has the larger bags.
When you go to Best Buy, go to their portable DVD player section, the accessories will usually include carrying cases for the players, which are similar in size to the Mini. That's what I did, and found a great case from a company called Init.
  (#123) Old

Send a message via MSN to Brynjaminjones
Default Re: Dell Mini Case/Sleeve - 02-05-2009, 08:57 PM

Here's my new bag. /it's very similar to one mentioned previously but this is designed for external hard drives, although my Mini 9 fits perfectly. It also holds all of my accessories. I couldn't close my laptop because I needed the internet to be connected.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCF1230.JPG (143.1 KB, 61 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF1231.JPG (141.9 KB, 34 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF1232.JPG (136.9 KB, 26 views)

My Mini: Dell Mini 9, Obsidian Black, 16gb SSD, 8gb SDHC, 2gb RAM, 1.3mp Webcam, Bluetooth, White Dell Bluetooth Travel Mouse, Windows 7 Ultimate
  (#124) Old

Default Re: Dell Mini Case/Sleeve - 02-06-2009, 02:12 PM

I bought a custom cordura sleeve from Wrappers. (I wondered about corduroy but decided it would always be covered in cat hair.) It took 12 days to be made and get 70 miles from Oxford to me. It fits the mini snugly and it looks like a book stting on the desk. The no-logo style camouflages the mini.
Before I got it I put the mini in a padded mailing envelope in my bag - serviceable but not elegant!

[attachment=1:2hf3fbrx]51IDvmP0lLL__SS400_.jpg[/attachment:2hf3fbrx]

To carry the mini around, with its charger and headphones and USB stick etc. I got a JanSport Elefunk bag. It isn't a true laptop bag but has a velcro closed compartment at the back against the rear padding. The mini in its sleeve fits in nicely. The main compartment has a zip closure and then the flap flaps over. There are pockets which are ideal for the charger and plenty of room for papers etc. I thought the custom made bags for the mini would be a bit small for everything else as well.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 51IDvmP0lLL__SS400_.jpg (23.2 KB, 57 views)
File Type: jpg 51Pu8QP1CCL__SS400_.jpg (28.3 KB, 40 views)
  (#125) Old

Default Re: Dell Mini Case/Sleeve - 02-13-2009, 04:47 AM

I had a hard time finding a "cute" yet cheap sleeve for my mini9. I ended up finding a padded makup bag in the cosmetics department at Target for $2.50 (clearance) that exactly fits my mini & has a smaller bag that zips inside to hold a mouse & the power cord. It even has a little carrying handle if I don't want to carry it in my purse. Figured it offered at least as much protection as the ugly neoprene sleeves I saw at Frys.
  (#126) Old

Default Re: Dell Mini Case/Sleeve - 02-13-2009, 07:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by val
I had a hard time finding a "cute" yet cheap sleeve for my mini9. I ended up finding a padded makup bag in the cosmetics department at Target for $2.50 (clearance) that exactly fits my mini & has a smaller bag that zips inside to hold a mouse & the power cord. It even has a little carrying handle if I don't want to carry it in my purse. Figured it offered at least as much protection as the ugly neoprene sleeves I saw at Frys.
Any Pics?
  (#127) Old

Default Re: Dell Mini Case/Sleeve - 02-13-2009, 03:48 PM

I bought I nice looking neoprene sleeve from Amazon from Kroo. I hope it's the right size....I bought a previous Kroo case and it was a little too long for the length of the computer. If it fits right I'll post pics and post a link to the case.
  (#128) Old

Default Re: Dell Mini Case/Sleeve - 02-13-2009, 05:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishEyez
I bought I nice looking neoprene sleeve from Amazon from Kroo. I hope it's the right size....I bought a previous Kroo case and it was a little too long for the length of the computer. If it fits right I'll post pics and post a link to the case.
When I first got my Mini, before it was delivered, I ordered a Kroo light green zip-top sleeve from Amazon. I really liked it...unfortunately once I got my Mini, it just wouldn't fit into the sleeve. The dimensions on the product's page seemed to indicate it would fit, but the actual product was too small. Had to return it. Perhaps it was just a bad one, but I didn't exchange it.
  (#129) Old

Default Re: Dell Mini Case/Sleeve - 02-13-2009, 05:59 PM

I really liked the Kroo case. It has a zip pocket for a mouse, etc....plus it has extra fabric to protect the computer from zipper scratches. I hope this case fits. Kroo makes lots of cases in different sizes...I just hope I got lucky and found the right one (this time).
  (#130) Old

Default Re: Dell Mini Case/Sleeve - 02-15-2009, 09:06 PM

I bought this case from Amazon.

The side pocket is large enough to carry the AC Adapter; a laptop mouse; ans my CanMore GPS stick.

The fit is very nice I think.

Mini 9=Black/64gb RunCore SSD/1.3 camera/Blue Tooth/2gb RAM/WAN Card Slot and running XP PRO

« Help needed formatting an SD card! | My converted Zippered Binder/dayplanner case for my mini9 »