External Accessories / Peripherals Discuss any accessories used to enhance your Dell Inspiron Mini experience.

(#101) Old

Default Re: Dell Mini Case/Sleeve - 01-19-2009, 11:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoInSTL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Movemint
got this one from REI yesterday

http://www.rei.com/product/763389

Dont have my Mini 9 yet, so not sure how it will fit, but it looks nice and small. Has a mess front pocket that looks as though it will expand, yet stay snug. opens from side and top and even has loops to attach a shoulder strap.

On clearance for less than 10 bucks!

~Jordan
I'm an REI member too and saw that same one. Good price too. Please post back or PM me with the info on how well your mini fits. Kind of a drab color but the price is right if it fits
I'm also interested in that one so please post back with your thoughts. Of course, with REI's great return policy, I might just order it and return it if it doesn't fit my needs.
  (#102) Old

Default Re: Dell Mini Case/Sleeve - 01-21-2009, 09:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaqspaere
Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyP
I just bought the Case Logic E-Sling (med size) at Best Buy (49.99). Just the right size for the Mini 9, external 160gb hard drive, powersupply, cables and other associated stuff. I still have room for other stuff I probably don't need to bring along. Great construction and functionality.
After a month of searching for the perfect bag, I just ordered the E-Sling from Best Buy for $39.99. I really liked the design of the Timbuk2, I just need a little extra space for camera, Creative Zen, and Moleskine.
I've been using this bag just over a week, and it seems the search continues. Looks like I will have to make a compromise between carrying all the things I want to have with me, and having a small bag that doesn't get in the way.

The E-Sling has room for the essentials, but I don't have enough extra space to throw in a good book or carry a folder of papers. The strap is also too short for my preference, and makes carrying the E-Sling uncomfortable. I am considering cutting the metal rings connecting the straps to the bag, and using the strap that came with the Timbuk2 T-Pack. I am also thinking about laying down more scratch for one of Timbuk2's larger messenger bags.
  (#103) Old

Default Re: Dell Mini Case/Sleeve - 01-21-2009, 11:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cghebert
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoInSTL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Movemint
got this one from REI yesterday

http://www.rei.com/product/763389

Dont have my Mini 9 yet, so not sure how it will fit, but it looks nice and small. Has a mess front pocket that looks as though it will expand, yet stay snug. opens from side and top and even has loops to attach a shoulder strap.

On clearance for less than 10 bucks!

~Jordan
I'm an REI member too and saw that same one. Good price too. Please post back or PM me with the info on how well your mini fits. Kind of a drab color but the price is right if it fits
I'm also interested in that one so please post back with your thoughts. Of course, with REI's great return policy, I might just order it and return it if it doesn't fit my needs.

I actually purchased that exact sleeve after seeing it on clearance. I'm pretty satisfied - it seems well made and nicely padded. That being said, I would prefer a snugger fit. There's definitely an inch or two of space left over, and I don't carry anything along with my mini that makes that useful for me.
  (#104) Old

Default Re: Dell Mini Case/Sleeve - 01-22-2009, 03:59 AM

I have been very happy with the Timbuktu bag from Dell. It holds the Mini9, the I/O Magic DVD drive and the AC Adapter.

I did find a neoprene sleeve on eBay ( http://cgi.ebay.com/Neoprene-Sleeve-...3%3A1|294%3A50)that worked well before I got the Timbuktu bag. I am looking at simply using the sleeve inside a regular laptop bag so I can carry extra stuff and still make sure any rattling around is protected by the sleeve. It's simple, but for basic protection - it works well.

Black Mini 10v | Win 7 - Ubuntu 9.10 dual boot
  (#105) Old

Default Ther Perfect Mini 9 Case - 01-26-2009, 07:54 AM

I was at Ross and found the perfect case for my Mini 9. It is made by case logic and actually designed for a 7'' to 9'' portable DVD player. Here is a link to Amazon (http://www.amazon.com/Case-Logic-Car...2955910&sr=8-3 It's really nice the compartment that amazon shows DVD's and other stuff packed into is actually completely padded and fits the mini 9 perfectly. Also the area in front is perfect for the charger network cable or any other peripherals you may have. I highly Suggest this case, here are some of my pictures.

Dell Mini 9 Black
Intel Atom 1.6GHz
2GB DDR2 SDRAM 533MHz
64GB RunCore SSD
Apple OS X 10.5.6
web cam/blue tooth/wifi
  (#106) Old

Default Re: Dell Mini Case/Sleeve - 01-26-2009, 03:38 PM

I bought the Belkin Designed for Dell bag. Its the perfect size for the mini and I can carry a few cables in the front pockets. I use the space after the divider for the ac adaptor. My only complaint was that I could use maybe another 1/2 inch in the pocket in front of the divider.
  (#107) Old

Default Re: Dell Mini Case/Sleeve - 01-26-2009, 04:54 PM

I had an extra Crumpler 5 Million Dollar Home bag that I wasn't using for my DSLR equipment. The bags aren't cheap but they're sturdy and well-made. I took out the inserts and the Mini 9 fit perfectly. The power adaptor goes in the mesh pocket in the top flap and there's also room for a mouse, a book, a moleskine, some SDHC cards, and pens. Perfect!

[attachment=0:xqt5ggsf]41v25XiNZwL._SS400_.jpg[/attachment:xqt5ggsf]
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 41v25XiNZwL._SS400_.jpg (19.5 KB, 55 views)
  (#108) Old

Default Re: Dell Mini Case/Sleeve - 01-26-2009, 05:43 PM

For those of you on a perfect bag search, have you tried checking the timbuk2 website? They have a ton of laptop bags on there.
  (#109) Old

Default Re: Dell Mini Case/Sleeve - 01-26-2009, 07:15 PM

I got a Timbuk2 Extra Small messenger bag (on sale for $22.75) and an Belkin sleeve for the EEE from target. I can fit the Mini, a couple books, and a notebook along with some little stuff. I bike to work every day, so the mini 9 and small messenger bag are a blessing to my back.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0100.jpg (471.9 KB, 77 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0101.jpg (408.0 KB, 62 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0103.jpg (414.0 KB, 52 views)

Dell Mini 9 - Black, 2gb RAM, 16gb SSD, webcam, Ubuntu 9.10 & Windows XP
  (#110) Old

Default Re: Dell Mini Case/Sleeve - 01-27-2009, 03:40 PM

I am using the Targus 10 inch portable dvd player case.

It has plenty of room for a power adapter, mouse and CDs. Just search for DVD case at targus.com.

I got mine for $12 at Marshalls.

« Help needed formatting an SD card! | My converted Zippered Binder/dayplanner case for my mini9 »