External Accessories / Peripherals Discuss any accessories used to enhance your Dell Inspiron Mini experience.

(#81) Old

Default Re: Gear Bags/Backpacks -Share what works for you - 01-20-2009, 06:48 PM

Rawk! Dell shipped my Belkin bag already and it's "out for delivery" today even though the Dell site previously said it wouldn't ship until tomorrow!

Is it too much to hope the same happens with my Mini?

EDIT: The bag arrived and I LOVE IT!! Even though I knew it'd be small, it's much smaller than I was even expecting! It's really well-made. Thanks again to the members who were discussing it and especially to the kind person who posted pics of theirs.

Black, 2gb RAM, 64gb SS drive, Windows 7, 1.3 cam. Ordered 16 JAN 09; Delivered 23 JAN 09
  (#82) Old

Default Re: Gear Bags/Backpacks -Share what works for you - 01-23-2009, 04:55 PM

I got the Timbuk2 Metro Messenger bag and it's fantastic. When i have just the mini in there it's nice and slim, but it can easily expand to carry more.

http://www.timbuk2.com/tb2/products/mes ... hemp-metro

My pics (horrible pictures I know :lol: )

[attachment=1:32hcarj0]bag1.jpg[/attachment:32hcarj0]

[attachment=0:32hcarj0]bag2.jpg[/attachment:32hcarj0]

There is also just enough room to fit my Tamron 17-50 2.8 Lens and my Canon 40D Body on top of the speedlite and diffuser. I also have a CF Flash reader in one of the internal pockets, and you can actually see my compact tripod on the right outside pocket of the bag.

Overall a great, very versatile bag. And like I said, when it's just Mini, Charger and Mouse, you can pull down the flap all the way and it slims the bag right down. I am going to get the Quilted Sleeve ( http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/prod ... 8#Overview ) from dell to protect and pad the Mini
Attached Images
File Type: jpg bag1.jpg (138.9 KB, 48 views)
File Type: jpg bag2.jpg (111.3 KB, 48 views)

Dell Mini 9: 2GB Ram - 32GB Runcore SSD - OS X 10.5.6 - Win 7 Beta
Internal USB HUB - Internal VX Nano Receiver - SSD Activity Lite - Swapped Alt/Win keys

MBP 2.33: 3GB Ram - 500GB Samsung M6 HDD - OS X 10.5.6 - Win 7 Beta - Ubuntu 8.10
  (#83) Old

Default Re: Gear Bags/Backpacks -Share what works for you - 01-28-2009, 07:15 PM

I bought this Belkin sleeve when I orderde my mini:

http://accessories.dell.com/sna/PopupPr ... 0#Overview

And I am planning on just carrying it around in the messenger bag that I already have and use to go to school every day (PhD student) and that I travel with. I bought it from this EBay seller:

http://stores.shop.ebay.ca/pdcollection ... QQ_armrsZ1

Unfortunately the exact bag I have isn't in their store right now. It's quite large as I originally bought it so that I could carry my 17" widescreen Inspiron 9400 around in it but it will be much better with just my papers and the Mini. One that they do have, that looks somewhat similar and I think is kick ass is this:

http://cgi.ebay.ca/MOSCOW-Leather-Bag-D ... 634.c0.m14

I'm partial to nice rugged looking leather messenger bags.
  (#84) Old

Default Re: Gear Bags/Backpacks -Share what works for you - 01-29-2009, 03:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fallstar
Wow, that's a nice case! I haven't seen that one before. The one I settled on (for now) I found at BestBuy for $20, from a brand called Init. Their other DVD player cases/sleeves are on their website, and on BestBuy's website. The one I got has less than an inch extra either side, but otherwise it fits nicely...plus there is a velcro strap that secures across the laptop to keep it from moving around inside. Deep outside pockets both sides, carrying handle (not bulky type) and detachable carrying strap.

I agree wholeheartedly. I hadn't seen this post, but went looking for netbook cases at Best Buy, Circuit City, and the likes & they didn't carry them. A salesperson at my 2nd Best Buy recommended checking the portable DVD bags. I stumbled across that one & had some gift cards left from XMas. This case is indeed perfect. It's padded, just a little larger than the Mini, which makes it nice & portable. Also comes with a handle, & shoulder strap that I've never used.

Good find!

(#85) Old

Default Re: Gear Bags/Backpacks -Share what works for you - 01-29-2009, 05:31 AM

On people's advice in this thread, and the favorable reviews at Dealextreme, I ended up buying the el cheapo 7" case that was designed for the original ASUS 7inch surf, but was later found to be able to store the Aspire One (and the Mini 9) as well:

http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.14339

The price was even lower than when it was first mentioned: it's now $2.90. I ended up buying other stuff as well, like a USB mouse and an external HD enclosure.

Dell Mini 9 (refurb), Alpine White, 1GB RAM, 8GB SSD, Windows 7, Office Enterprise 2007. Free Space left: 932 MB.
  (#86) Old

Default Re: Gear Bags/Backpacks -Share what works for you - 02-12-2009, 07:59 PM

I am holding out until I save enough for the COLOSSUS™ Versipack - it looks that not only will that hold the mini and everything else you could think of.....but it appears to be a nice over the shoulder - the hardest problem is trying to pick the color (once I can order it.......)

Obsidian Black Dell Mini 9 - 2gb ram, 32gb ssd, 1.3mb wc, bt, Windows XP Pro (Yeah!!!)
  (#87) Old
Expert Member

Default Re: Gear Bags/Backpacks -Share what works for you - 02-13-2009, 02:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seniorusn
I am holding out until I save enough for the COLOSSUS™ Versipack - it looks that not only with that hold the mini and everything else you could think of.....but it appears to be a nice over the shoulder - the hardest problem is trying to pick the color (once I can order it.......)
I've been carrying my Mini 9 in one (in black) for a while now and it's really great.
The inside pocket within the main compartment is like it was made for the Mini 9, and I've got room for...everything and some to spare.

You'll love it! Well worth the effort you're putting into it, I assure you.

Inspiron Duo: Win7 Pro 32-Bit, Intel 6200 Wifi Upgrade
Former Inspiron Mini 9 Owner, Modder, Enthusiast
  (#88) Old

Default Re: Gear Bags/Backpacks -Share what works for you - 02-16-2009, 05:12 PM

I found a Techair 2110 netbook satchel in the local computer store in town.

http://www.techair.co.uk/store/productd ... ductId=232

It fits 7" - 10" netbooks; the netbook cell is adjustable and the mini is held securely in place by a strap. It's big enough for a charger, mouse, A4 pad etc. and has pen holders and a 'phone/iPod pocket.
  (#89) Old

Default Re: Gear Bags/Backpacks -Share what works for you - 02-17-2009, 12:31 AM

I was at Target and just happened to walk past the luggage section and saw this little bag. It is manufactured by Swiss Gear and is labeled as a "Vertical Boarding Bag" to hold all the stuff you want to carry onto an airplane (passport, headphones, boarding pass, etc.). I thought it was pretty close to the right size for the Mini so I went ahead and bought it. It does not have a lot of padding but it does have some, but with my neoprene sleeve it is the perfect size. The price at my local Target store was $19.99 but I have not been able to find it online. For anyone interested the model number on the label is SA1092.

Bag with mini 9 for reference

Bag outside pockets

Bag inside pockets
  (#90) Old

Default Re: Gear Bags/Backpacks -Share what works for you - 02-21-2009, 01:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenix.stu
I bought this one last year for everyday use however, when I got my new mini 9. It fits in it perfectly. Couldn't be happier.
http://uk.tumi.com/t-tech-flow/flap-body-bag/

I have a leather TUMI bag that i use for the mini 9. the mini 9 fits perfectly with the added homemade padded sleeve.
The sleeve has a pocket for the i/o magic slim dvd.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg carrybag6.jpg (155.5 KB, 45 views)
File Type: jpg carrybag2.jpg (119.1 KB, 33 views)
File Type: jpg carrybag.jpg (128.6 KB, 28 views)

« How about a Nvidia ION mini pci-e card? | Is it worth purchasing a new WiFi Card? »