External Accessories / Peripherals Discuss any accessories used to enhance your Dell Inspiron Mini experience.

(#71) Old

Default Re: Gear Bags/Backpacks -Share what works for you - 01-17-2009, 04:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickPup404
Got this one http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage....=1203815933023 at Best Buy today.

Neoprene like the Belkin sleeve at Target, but has a pocket on each side at the grey stripe. Have a BT mouse, BT GPS, and the power cord on one side, external drive on the other. Doesn't look square in their pics, but it is. It has a velcro strap inside to hold it down. There's enough room on the sides to leave my (temporary) Cirago BT dongle in the USB port.

HTH!
SickPup404
I've been using mine for a couple months and really like it a lot. But I like variety, so I'll probably look for another case/bag to use in addition.
  (#72) Old

Default Re: Gear Bags/Backpacks -Share what works for you - 01-17-2009, 05:16 PM

Well I'm on my 3rd case now, the two previous were slip cover but I needed something to fit all of my accessories too, so I ended up picking up the Targus DVD301 from Walmart for $18.00. The one I got looks a little bit different than the one on the website. So far I am very happy it fits the Mini with about 1/2" of extra space on the sides but is has a velcro strap to hold it in place. I have room in the case for my external DVD drive, usb cable, power adapter, headphones, and room to spare. It also comes with straps to mount it on the backside of the seat in a car if you want since it was designed for a portable dvd player.

http://www.targus.com/us/product_details.asp?sku=DVD301

Mini 9,OS X 10.5.6 Type 11v7.7, 32gb Runcore, 2gb ram
  (#73) Old

Default Re: Gear Bags/Backpacks -Share what works for you - 01-18-2009, 03:54 AM

I got tired of trying to find what I wanted. Plus I am too cheap to buy something if I can make it myself with stuff I already have around. My secondary hobby is sewing so I happen to have velcro and cordura hanging out. It fits the Mini 9, 30w power adapter, external optical drive and the USB cable. It's actually my first attempt at a bag and as a bonus, I got to learn quite a bit of stuff about gear making.

The lighting is actually rather poor, as are my camera skills. The material is Olive Drab 1000D Cordura with a DWR coating. Both the main pocket and the outer pouch are lined with black fleece.

Bringing you quality hand made fitted sleeves for the Mini 9 since January
http://shop.psyopper.com
  (#74) Old
Expert Member

Default Re: Gear Bags/Backpacks -Share what works for you - 01-18-2009, 02:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by psyopper
I got tired of trying to find what I wanted. Plus I am too cheap to buy something if I can make it myself with stuff I already have around. My secondary hobby is sewing so I happen to have velcro and cordura hanging out. It fits the Mini 9, 30w power adapter, external optical drive and the USB cable. It's actually my first attempt at a bag and as a bonus, I got to learn quite a bit of stuff about gear making.

The lighting is actually rather poor, as are my camera skills. The material is Olive Drab 1000D Cordura with a DWR coating. Both the main pocket and the outer pouch are lined with black fleece.

Nice!
Not many of us here could do that, although I did get a "B" in home economics 100 years ago.

Creativity and resourcefulness are ALWAYS winning attributes,

Inspiron Duo: Win7 Pro 32-Bit, Intel 6200 Wifi Upgrade
Former Inspiron Mini 9 Owner, Modder, Enthusiast
  (#75) Old

Default Re: Gear Bags/Backpacks -Share what works for you - 01-19-2009, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fallstar
Wow! Thanks for the great photos! That really IS nice! I think I might end up getting that!
Thanks for discussing this Dell Belkin bag, y'all! Based on the great pics and description, I ordered one for myself last night too. AND it was $5 off!

THANKS!

Black, 2gb RAM, 64gb SS drive, Windows 7, 1.3 cam. Ordered 16 JAN 09; Delivered 23 JAN 09
  (#76) Old

Default Re: Gear Bags/Backpacks -Share what works for you - 01-19-2009, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyDicePHL
Quote:
Wow! Thanks for the great photos! That really IS nice! I think I might end up getting that!
Thanks for discussing this Dell Belkin bag, y'all! Based on the great pics and description, I ordered one for myself last night too. AND it was $5 off!

THANKS!
I have that one and your gonna LOVE IT!!
  (#77) Old

Default Re: Gear Bags/Backpacks -Share what works for you - 01-19-2009, 01:17 PM

I use the timbuktu case from dell. Works great.
  (#78) Old

Default Re: Gear Bags/Backpacks -Share what works for you - 01-19-2009, 01:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pickles
Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyDicePHL
Quote:

THANKS!
I have that one and your gonna LOVE IT!!
I think I will. I really prefer roomy bags that offer enough protection as well as space to take along extras. Wouldn't mind it having been available in blue, but black works too. Thanks!

Black, 2gb RAM, 64gb SS drive, Windows 7, 1.3 cam. Ordered 16 JAN 09; Delivered 23 JAN 09
  (#79) Old

Default Re: Gear Bags/Backpacks -Share what works for you - 01-20-2009, 03:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by psyopper
This is a great idea - but I think I'd want to put in some padding, some kind of foam - maybe a thin closed-cell foam like they use in those portable stadium seat pads. It would have to be thinner, though, and I'm not sure how you would slice one of the seat pads into thinner pieces. Have to think about this for awhile. Thanks for the idea!

Obsidian Mini9 - Ubuntu Jaunty Jackalope 9.04 (Full version) with Cairo Dock, 16GB Runcore SSD, 1GB RAM, 8GB SDHC Class 6, Bluetooth (dongle), Burl Walnut skin
  (#80) Old
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to MoInSTL Send a message via MSN to MoInSTL Send a message via Yahoo to MoInSTL
Default Re: Gear Bags/Backpacks -Share what works for you - 01-20-2009, 06:30 PM

Can't get much cheaper than $3.48 with shipping.
Dimensions: 10.24 in x 7.87 in x 0.1 in
https://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.14339
Someone on another forum confirmed this is padded well and fits well.

I remembered I have a sling bag I got for free with Coke points. It's 18X13" so there is enough room for mouse, wallet, etc.
http://tinyurl.com/92w2te

Studio 15 1558| Black Chainlink| i5-520M, |4GB RAM |500 GB HD@7200 |ATI HD 4570, 512K|Backlit|9 Cell|Web Cam|Windows 7 Professional x64

« How about a Nvidia ION mini pci-e card? | Is it worth purchasing a new WiFi Card? »