External Accessories / Peripherals Discuss any accessories used to enhance your Dell Inspiron Mini experience.

(#61) Old

Default Re: Gear Bags/Backpacks -Share what works for you - 12-18-2008, 11:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmusser

Hey is that Belkin bag made out of cordura? Or is it more like a stretch nylon material?
It is cordura
  (#62) Old

Default Re: Gear Bags/Backpacks -Share what works for you - 12-19-2008, 01:57 AM

Wow! Thanks for the great photos! That really IS nice! I think I might end up getting that!
  (#63) Old

Default Re: Gear Bags/Backpacks -Share what works for you - 12-24-2008, 02:14 AM

I was at Costco doing some last minute shopping and saw this lunch box made by Ci Sport. At first I thought I could use it for the extra aluminum water bottle. Then I thought it could make a good fit for the MINI 9. I wasn't sure about the size as I only had mine for a day. When I got home to put it in, it fit in there very snug with about 1.5" clearance where the zipper unfolds from the top of the bag.

I tried to look it up on the Costco website but couldn't find it, then did a google search and the only thing I found so far was through ebay http://i23.ebayimg.com/03/i/001/05/89/74c2_1.JPG

If the demand is there, I could take pictures of it to show how well it fits and even has room for some accessories like your power adapter, mouse, and even some snacks

Oh yeah, it was about $14 that's the beauty of it. It came in 3 different colors, blue, gray and orange. I opted for orange as it matches my Firefox messenger bag. The design is slightly different than mine but not by a lot. It also comes with a shoulder strap along with a regular handle that unsnaps so you can snap it onto your luggage or something when you're traveling.
  (#64) Old

Default Re: Gear Bags/Backpacks -Share what works for you - 12-24-2008, 02:50 AM

14"H X 12"W X 6"D.

Bob Timberlake vertical briefcase. As stated on the web site:

Because it's shaped more like a backpack than a briefcase, this distinctive space-saver makes an ideal companion for the modern air traveler. Made from the highest quality materials to exceed your expectations, each bag features top-grain oiled pull-up leather that becomes more attractive with age. The genuine antique hardware and rivets provide the finishing touches, adding a hint of beauty to each piece. Designed for easy access with a top-loading main compartment, zipper pocket on the back, and buckle-down side compartments. Includes a detachable/adjustable shoulder strap. 14"H X 12"W X 6"D

Maybe for Christmas???

Obsidian Black Mini9 - XP Pro - 16gb SSD - 16gb SDHC - 2gb RAM - Bluetooth - 1.3 webcam
  (#65) Old

Send a message via AIM to LegendaryCheez
Default Re: Gear Bags/Backpacks -Share what works for you - 12-24-2008, 06:20 AM

This is what I have been using to carry around mine:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 0310703559

Since I am very protective of my personal electronics, that sleeve goes inside this:

http://www.target.com/gp/detail.html/18 ... v_XSMG1060

I don't know how easy it will be to find in GB, but I had originally got it for my wii, but I don't carry around that thing as much as this, my mini goes everywhere with me.

You cant tell by the pic, but the zelda bag is very heavily padded, has another pocket in front of the padded pouch, which I use for the chord, then it has two elastic pouches on the side originally for nunchucks, but works great for my mouse. The is also a long padded zipper pouch that was originally designed for the sensor, but it could fit 3 or 4 flash drives in it easily.

I am very happy with it, the only thing is that the emerald green does not match a lot of outfits 8).

I am willing to bet not only portable dvd cases, but most wii cases will hold a mini very well also.
  (#66) Old

Default Re: Gear Bags/Backpacks -Share what works for you - 12-28-2008, 05:08 AM

I've been looking for a while for a bag that would fit all that I need. I was carrying a thin laptop bag for a while. then a cheap bag from walmart but after seeing a few people at work with one I decided what I wanted was the street scene vertial bag from leeds. usually a promo item I found a retail site for the bag.

https://www.ezpromostore.com/leedsretai ... s/437/2431

sofar I'm loving it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg streetscene.jpg (24.0 KB, 2280 views)

white Mini 9 Dualboot OSX/Win7
64gb runcore ssd with 2 gb ram
BT - 1.3 mp camera - 16gb sdhc6
  (#67) Old

Default Re: Gear Bags/Backpacks -Share what works for you - 01-04-2009, 06:02 AM

I'm liking that red and black bag from Belkin. It matches my other computer bags from Swiss Gear.

The vertical bag from ebags is also nice.
  (#68) Old

Default Re: Gear Bags/Backpacks -Share what works for you - 01-04-2009, 01:09 PM

I am using the Solo TSA netbook bag

http://www.amazon.com/TCA511-4-Collecti ... 534&sr=8-2

I wanted something that would hold my kindle and I travel for the day a lot. So it is great for me.
  (#69) Old

Send a message via AIM to LegendaryCheez
Default Re: Gear Bags/Backpacks -Share what works for you - 01-17-2009, 12:47 AM

I have still been playing with the idea of getting a new bag for my mini. Originally, the Maxpedition Colossus Versipack that is mentioned on the first page seems like a phenomenal choice. It is Huge, and is something that I definitely would have considered if it wasn't for the hefty price.

I was looking for something that would fit my needs, as well as look like a manly bag. (Yes, manly, lol. I'm a big guy, so I didn't want something too small.) I also didn't want something too bright...A little bit of color is fine, but red isn't my style, as the Belkin messenger Bag on dell.com would have been great.

So after searching the web for about 45 minutes, I came across the me mini messenger bag:

http://www.mobileedge.com/mens-laptop-b ... enger-bags

It seems like the perfect fit, and I am thinking about ordering it. It comes in a few different colors, but that little line of orange matches my mini theme and padded case 8).

!!!UPDATE!!!

I ended up buying this bag. I was able to find it for 29.99 at the link below. The bag surprised me with its padding, and I don't even feel the need to put my mini in its cushioned sleeve. It is able to hold a large amount of stuff, and has a lot of little compartments. It is made to fit up to 14 inch notebooks, so it is probably a little bigger than what the other bags are. This allows me to fit some schoolbooks in it though. I can easily fit a folder, a composition book, and a smaller novel sized textbook in there with no problem along with my mini and its chords. Alternatively, I can forget all the school stuff and fit my 3.5 inch external hard drive, along with my external slim dvd player.

If anyone would like me to take some pics, let me know. (Preferably with a PM, because I won't be checking this thread too often anymore.)

http://datavis.com/cgi-bin/product.cgi?prrfnbr=468061
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ME-Mini-Messenger-Oran-Trim.jpg (70.1 KB, 42 views)
  (#70) Old

Default Re: Gear Bags/Backpacks -Share what works for you - 01-17-2009, 03:38 AM

Got this one http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage....=1203815933023 at Best Buy today.

Neoprene like the Belkin sleeve at Target, but has a pocket on each side at the grey stripe. Have a BT mouse, BT GPS, and the power cord on one side, external drive on the other. Doesn't look square in their pics, but it is. It has a velcro strap inside to hold it down. There's enough room on the sides to leave my (temporary) Cirago BT dongle in the USB port.

HTH!
SickPup404

« How about a Nvidia ION mini pci-e card? | Is it worth purchasing a new WiFi Card? »