External Accessories / Peripherals Discuss any accessories used to enhance your Dell Inspiron Mini experience.

(#161) Old

Send a message via ICQ to jcoll81 Send a message via AIM to jcoll81 Send a message via Skype™ to jcoll81
Default 09-24-2009, 09:34 PM

I have several North Face bag, but most of the time I carry the Recon. I can carry my 10v, Latitude d630, and several binders without any problems. It has bottle holders on each side and each compartment has zippered spaces to hold extra stuff. All in all its a great bag and under $100.

Also, it has a a gap to run your headphone wire through if you keep an mp3 player inside the bag.

Dell Mini 10v | 1gb | 120gb HDD | OSX 10.6.2

(#162) Old
Expert Member

Default 09-25-2009, 12:43 AM

I may have already said but the LAPG tactical carry bag mentioned last page and linked pages back is very nice and much less expensive than these $50-$100+ bags others have shown here.

Mini1: Vostro A90, Black, 2G, 1.3 Webcam, Bluetooth, 64G SuperTalent, OS X 10.6.4
Mini2: Mini9, Black, 2G, 0.3 Webcam, Bluetooth, 32G RunCore, OS X/Win 7, internal PCI-e SHDC Reader
Mini3: Mini10v. Black, 2G, Webcam, 640G HD, OS X 10.5.8/Win 7/Ubuntu [Hibernate w/NBI 0.8.3 RC4]
Dropbox Referral
  (#163) Old
Super Moderator

Default 09-25-2009, 12:01 PM

I love the style of some of the bags people use.. Almost makes me want to eliminate my LAPG bag.. But, I digress, it's my murse, and it goes everywhere with me. Although, I almost wish I would have bought the black version instead of the OD green, but that's only been in certain circumstances so far.

Alienware M11xR2 - Core i5 1.06 - 4 GB - 250 GB HD

Triple Boot Guide - 10v RAM Upgrade Videos - mechdrew's OSX guides
  (#164) Old

Default 09-25-2009, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by anguish View Post
I've got the LAPG bailout bag.. I like it. It's annoying at times, but it works quite well.

How have you found it annoying? I just got mine this week, but so far it seems like it will fit my needs well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anguish View Post
Although, I almost wish I would have bought the black version instead of the OD green, but that's only been in certain circumstances so far.
Care to elaborate on this? Since I work for the army, OD green works just fine with me.

Mini 10v ~ Obsidian Black ~ XP ~ 160GB HDD ~ 6 cell ~ Wireless N
  (#165) Old
Super Moderator

Default 09-25-2009, 01:37 PM

xgabriele, Nothing major really annoying, other than squeaky plastic. That's me being nitpicky though. Otherwise, it works quite well, although I think I could stand to divide it up a bit better or something. It's always a mess, but that might just be related to the other crap I carry with me.

As far as the color, in some situations, I think black would have been better fitting (read, looking more professional) than the OD green. I personally prefer OD green, but there's times with my job that black probably would have just looked better. For the most part, I dig and prefer the OD green.

It's a great bag, believe me, I'm not knocking it (other than the squeaky plastic).

Alienware M11xR2 - Core i5 1.06 - 4 GB - 250 GB HD

Triple Boot Guide - 10v RAM Upgrade Videos - mechdrew's OSX guides
  (#166) Old

Default 09-25-2009, 01:56 PM

Thanks for commenting, Anguish!

Mini 10v ~ Obsidian Black ~ XP ~ 160GB HDD ~ 6 cell ~ Wireless N
  (#167) Old

Send a message via AIM to DUG1138
Default 09-29-2009, 09:31 PM

Maxpedition Jumbo S-type Versipack

Full story here: Doug Ross - Manbag / EDC

P.S. Thank you all for everything I've learned here!

Mini 9 | OS X | 2GB RAM | 32GB SSD | 32GB SDHC
  (#168) Old

Default 10-03-2009, 08:29 PM

WEBHALLEN.com [Deltaco Notebook Skin i Neopren 12,1" - GrĂ¥ / Svart]

Thinking about buying that case once I get my 11z. I'm not a fan of the design, but I like the fact that it has a small handle, which makes carrying it around safer and easier compared to other sleeves.
  (#169) Old

Default 10-04-2009, 04:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sansha View Post
I got the targus citygear 10" netbook bag that on Best buy for 26$. That seems kind of pricey, but I looked at a lot of bags and this was the only one I liked. It is not a clamshell bag, like their sport netbook bag, but just had a padded sleeve for the netbook and a reasonable amount of pockets. I am not keen on clamshells, since I think they can be less secure. I also liked the touches of yellow on the black bag zipper tags. But mostly it was the size and pocket layouts I liked.

Targus - CityGear Netbook Case - Black/Gray - TSM097US

I just picked up this bag from Frys. My 10V fits nicely in here. There is just enough room for the 11 I bet. the pockets and zip forward pocket works nicely. I do have one qualm....I really would prefer metal strap rings and a clip strap for easy removal of the straps, but I think I acn do those on my own.

It is similar to the TImbuk2 close out design from 08.
  (#170) Old

Send a message via ICQ to Down8 Send a message via AIM to Down8 Send a message via MSN to Down8 Send a message via Yahoo to Down8
Cool 10-04-2009, 06:00 AM

Laptop Bags for 10" Netbook Reversible Sleeve Neoprene Material with Pattern Black & Red Color

I ordered this sleeve for my 10v. It's cheap, and simple.

I do have an external DVD, though, so I my get something a bit more substantial later on.

My CaseLogic may be overkill, but it allows me to bring everything with the 17" Everex when I need real mobile power.

-bZj

Dell Mini10v + 2GB + 80GB-7200rpm @OSX @Win7Pro
E2180 + D975XBX2 @VistaBiz | E2140 HTPC @XPMCE
Everex XT5000T @ VistaHP | Q9550 + DX38BT + H2O @Win7Pro
T-Mobile G1 | Dell X50-mid | eSATA & USB HDDs | tech junkie I am....

« How about a Nvidia ION mini pci-e card? | Is it worth purchasing a new WiFi Card? »