External Accessories / Peripherals Discuss any accessories used to enhance your Dell Inspiron Mini experience.

(#151) Old

Default 09-18-2009, 07:58 PM

I'm currently the owner of a Case Logic E Sling, which is great when you're traveling with just your Mini, but now I have a requirement to transport my Mini 9 with my Canon Eos. Does anyone have a recommendation for a case that will fit the Mini 9 and have room for a Digital SLR? I'd probably only take one lens, and I can separate the lens from the body, but I haven't had a lot of luck finding cases that looked good. Ideally I'd want a messenger style bag, not a big fan of backpacks.
  (#152) Old

Default 09-18-2009, 10:13 PM

webdes03, check out the crumpler X Million Dollar Home series. Awesome bags.

My mini 10v travels in this:
Test – Ultimateaddons Netbook Bag. | UMPCPortal - Ultra Mobile Personal Computing

It's a very nicely made bag with lots of protection and enough space to carry a decent notebook and small sketchbook as well. Ultimate Addons posted in from UK to Australia in a week!

Except... when I bought it, it arrived at work. I asked my work colleague "geek chic, or....?" and he replied:

"Nuh. Man Bag."

That was a little deflating.
  (#153) Old

Send a message via AIM to erikistired Send a message via MSN to erikistired Send a message via Yahoo to erikistired
Default 09-18-2009, 10:19 PM

every time i see that ultimate addons bag linked i wish more and more they were in the states. i'd love to actually have one in my hands, i'm just not sure it's big enough for all the gear i carry.

Mini 10v | N270 | Windows 7 | 2GB | 500GB | BIOS A06
  (#154) Old

Default 09-18-2009, 10:51 PM

"i'm just not sure it's big enough for all the gear i carry"

If you're not sure, I'd say it isn't big enough. The front pocket is barely big enough to get the charger into and still have the clasps work (I'm looking for a flat travel charger). The netbook pocket is a nice, well-padded and tight fit, and the secondary space bit inside is just big enough for a fat A5 notebook, a mini sketchbook, a mobile phone and some pens. Maybe a little camera if you wanted. But not more. It's not a gear bag, it's a netbook bag.

That said, it's very nice. And I'm sure Ultimate Addons would post it to the USA.
  (#155) Old

Default 09-18-2009, 10:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max_Carnage View Post
webdes03, check out the crumpler X Million Dollar Home series. Awesome bags.
They do look slick... I think I'd be hard pressed to fit my Canon Rebel EOS in there though.
  (#156) Old

Default 09-18-2009, 11:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by webdes03 View Post
They do look slick... I think I'd be hard pressed to fit my Canon Rebel EOS in there though.
Really? I have the 5 million dollar home, and it fits a DSLR with prime attached and 2 zooms, a point-and-shoot, a chunky rugged GPS, a novel and 2 sketchbooks, a small bottle of water and a couple of sandwiches. I couldn't put a mini 10 in it as well though.

The 8 million dollar home is much bigger -might even fit a mini 10 in the front pocket. Then there's the Brazillion dollar home, which I've seen take a 15" macbook and a full pro DSLR setup.

Costs about the same as a mini 10v though.
  (#157) Old

Default 09-18-2009, 11:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max_Carnage View Post
Really? I have the 5 million dollar home, and it fits a DSLR with prime attached and 2 zooms, a point-and-shoot, a chunky rugged GPS, a novel and 2 sketchbooks, a small bottle of water and a couple of sandwiches. I couldn't put a mini 10 in it as well though.

The 8 million dollar home is much bigger -might even fit a mini 10 in the front pocket. Then there's the Brazillion dollar home, which I've seen take a 15" macbook and a full pro DSLR setup.

Costs about the same as a mini 10v though.
My apologies, I was looking just at the photos on the page you linked... assumed it was the model you were referencing...
  (#158) Old

Default 09-24-2009, 03:34 AM

After reading this thread and checking around, I went with the LAPG Tactical Bail Out Bag. This is a serious bag. I'd recommend it to anyone.

Mini 10v ~ Obsidian Black ~ XP ~ 160GB HDD ~ 6 cell ~ Wireless N
  (#159) Old
Super Moderator

Default 09-24-2009, 12:07 PM

I've got the LAPG bailout bag.. I like it. It's annoying at times, but it works quite well.

Alienware M11xR2 - Core i5 1.06 - 4 GB - 250 GB HD

Triple Boot Guide - 10v RAM Upgrade Videos - mechdrew's OSX guides
  (#160) Old

Default 09-24-2009, 09:20 PM

Has anyone tried this sweet-looking bag by Mobile Edge? Looks perfect for my purposes and is specifically designed for netbooks. I want to carry the Mini 9, charger, a sketchpad, pens, business cards, iPod (nano), water, and a few cords. Thoughts? Can anyone speak into this?

Here's the link to the product (comes in 4 color configurations):
ME Mini Messenger - Black / Orange | Mobile Edge

I'm tempted to buy this right now since it seems like it would be perfect and exactly what I'm looking for, but I figured I'd be smart and check in with you all to see if there were any good/bad reviews of this working with the mini's. Thanks in advance for your thoughts and comments.

-S

« How about a Nvidia ION mini pci-e card? | Is it worth purchasing a new WiFi Card? »