External Accessories / Peripherals Discuss any accessories used to enhance your Dell Inspiron Mini experience.

(#131) Old

Default 08-23-2009, 09:40 PM

to anyone who has the timbuk2 bag, will it fit the following?

mini 9
power cord
mini mouse
slimline dvd
2 small usb cables

i'm on the train a lot commuting, and a bag to hold this would be ideal.

thanks!
charlie
  (#132) Old

Default bag??` - 08-23-2009, 10:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie97L View Post

mini 9
power cord
mini mouse
slimline dvd
2 small usb cables

thanks!
charlie
If you want a bag to hold everything plus extra stuff - look at the very first post of this thread - the Maxpedition - just don't remember if it was the Collasses or what(the link has the correct bag name)....but it is a fantastic bag of superior quality - very good bag.........would not have anything else.......

Obsidian Black Dell Mini 9 - 2gb ram, 32gb ssd, 1.3mb wc, bt, Windows XP Pro (Yeah!!!)
  (#133) Old
Expert Member

Default 08-23-2009, 11:26 PM

The LA Police Gear bail out bag mentioned earlier in this thread will also hold more than just a mini along with other goodies. I rather like it, even ended up with an extra by mistake.

Mini1: Vostro A90, Black, 2G, 1.3 Webcam, Bluetooth, 64G SuperTalent, OS X 10.6.4
Mini2: Mini9, Black, 2G, 0.3 Webcam, Bluetooth, 32G RunCore, OS X/Win 7, internal PCI-e SHDC Reader
Mini3: Mini10v. Black, 2G, Webcam, 640G HD, OS X 10.5.8/Win 7/Ubuntu [Hibernate w/NBI 0.8.3 RC4]
Dropbox Referral
  (#134) Old

Default 08-25-2009, 03:03 AM

Any of the Timbuk2 extra small messenger bags should be able to hold that load with room to spare for a book and a few pieces of fruit. Not sure about the Timbuk2 bag that Dell sells though.

The ultra original prototype sleeve I made for myself was actually made to fit the above. Never made another with the CD drive pocket but it should work with my current design as an external pocket - most of them are the same width and thickness as the Mini9 - 1" thick and 7" square.

I could look into it when I get back if you're interested in an ultra compact fitted sleeve rather than a small but full sized messenger style bag like the Timbuk2 extra small. PM me off line or send me an email to psyopper@psyopper.com or you can use the messaging feature on my web site, whichever you're most comfortable with.

Brad

Quote:

mini 9
power cord
mini mouse
slimline dvd
2 small usb cables

thanks!
charlie

Bringing you quality hand made fitted sleeves for the Mini 9 since January
http://shop.psyopper.com
  (#135) Old

Default 08-25-2009, 01:16 PM

I just found a great option (at least imho) that works great for those who want to pack all their accessories and the mini into one take-all bag. It works as both a backpack or a messenger and can fit a mini sleeved or un-sleeved - depending on your preference. Also has ample pockets and is built very similar to Psyopper's sleeve's (read - very rugged and well made).

Check it out at BBP Laptop Bags - Hybrid Bags, Breathe Sleeves, Expand-It Messengers and look at the bottom of the page which shows the XS Hampton Hybrid in black. I just got mine and love it! Their site shows dimensions and pictures, but I will try to post some pictures of my own to give you an idea of the mini packed up. This is not an ultra-compact, but it is the best small to midsize option I have found for my purpose and IT"S ONLY $40!

Better hurry if you want one, when I ordered mine I was told they only had 7 left!

White OSX 10.6.2 / 2GB HyperX / 64GB RunCore / 32GB Kingston SDHC / 0.3Mpx / Samsung TruDirect Slot-load DVD / Iomega eGo 320GB ext HD / BT micro-dongle / MS BT 5000 Mouse / Psyopper Custom Slim Profile Sleeve / XS BBP Hybrid Hampton Bag
  (#136) Old

Default 08-26-2009, 06:38 PM

Quote:

mini 9
power cord
mini mouse
slimline dvd
2 small usb cables

thanks!
charlie
I use a small timbuk2 messenger bag to carry my mini and junk around in most days. The regular messenger bag is great. I use a small neoprene sleeve for protection and the bag holds more than i care to put in it for most days. I also use a MountainSmith Day bag when i want something different. The only thing I wish the Timbuk2 had was a water bottle holder. The larger bags have one but not the smaller one i have.

Dave
  (#137) Old

Default 09-01-2009, 03:11 PM

Hi there,

During my quest for 'the best bag for my mini', my choice stopped on the 'Timbuk2 Metro Messenger bag'.
But I have a question before ordering it: I know a dell mini 9 fit in, but anybody knows if a dell mini 10v fit in too ?
If not I will have to return in the bag's jungle ^^
  (#138) Old
Expert Member

Default 09-01-2009, 03:31 PM

iGuiz, this doesn't answer your question in regards the Timbuk2 (which caught my eye when it was first posted in this thread) but you may want to consider this other bag. Mine arrived Friday and its excellent. I really like it. The dual carry system is interesting (not sure I'd ever actually use the fanny bag style) and it can hold all sorts of goodies and it does have a water bottle holder. It will hold the 10v and an external drive and both power supplies and more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snagtooth View Post
Check it out at BBP Laptop Bags - Hybrid Bags, Breathe Sleeves, Expand-It Messengers and look at the bottom of the page which shows the XS Hampton Hybrid in black. I just got mine and love it! Their site shows dimensions and pictures, but I will try to post some pictures of my own to give you an idea of the mini packed up. This is not an ultra-compact, but it is the best small to midsize option I have found for my purpose and IT"S ONLY $40!

Better hurry if you want one, when I ordered mine I was told they only had 7 left!

Mini1: Vostro A90, Black, 2G, 1.3 Webcam, Bluetooth, 64G SuperTalent, OS X 10.6.4
Mini2: Mini9, Black, 2G, 0.3 Webcam, Bluetooth, 32G RunCore, OS X/Win 7, internal PCI-e SHDC Reader
Mini3: Mini10v. Black, 2G, Webcam, 640G HD, OS X 10.5.8/Win 7/Ubuntu [Hibernate w/NBI 0.8.3 RC4]
Dropbox Referral
  (#139) Old

Default 09-02-2009, 08:21 AM

Thanks for your suggestion. It looks nice but I'm blinded by the timbuk2 one.

On dell web site we can see the dell mini sizes:
10.26" W x 7.19" H x 1.11"
Sadly I can only get the external size of timbuk bag:
10.5" W x 8.5" H x 4.25"
I don't know the rate of the internal size but I can guess the mini will fit in no ?

I have see that some people here carry a dell mini 9 with this bag, is there enough free space to put the 10 in ?

Sorry for being insistant but it represent 60 euro so I don't want to buy it and not being able to use it after.
  (#140) Old

Send a message via Yahoo to BigDaddy
Default 09-02-2009, 10:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iGuiz View Post
Thanks for your suggestion. It looks nice but I'm blinded by the timbuk2 one.

On dell web site we can see the dell mini sizes:
10.26" W x 7.19" H x 1.11"
Sadly I can only get the external size of timbuk bag:
10.5" W x 8.5" H x 4.25"
I don't know the rate of the internal size but I can guess the mini will fit in no ?

I have see that some people here carry a dell mini 9 with this bag, is there enough free space to put the 10 in ?

Sorry for being insistant but it represent 60 euro so I don't want to buy it and not being able to use it after.
I dont know if this will help you but I have the TIMBUK2 T-pack - '3 in 1' Laptop Bag - Fits Dell Inspiron Mini with Screen Sizes Up to 10"

In this bag I can put my Mini 10v and on the front pocket I have the charger and a netbook wireless mouse.

BigDaddy - Ernesto
My anger management Class, Piss me off!

Dell Mini 10V | Product Red | Carbon Skin | Mac OS X 10.6.6 | 1gb RAM | 160 GB HD | 1.3MP camera | Bluetooth module
Future Upgrade/Mods: Dual Boot (Win 7 & Mac OS X) | Memory Upgrade 2gb RAM

« How about a Nvidia ION mini pci-e card? | Is it worth purchasing a new WiFi Card? »