External Accessories / Peripherals Discuss any accessories used to enhance your Dell Inspiron Mini experience.

(#121) Old

Default 05-27-2009, 09:14 PM

Bags from Kultbag are unique and made of unsusual materials.

Kultbag® Schön gebraucht. | Kuriertaschen, Messenger-Bags, Taschen u.v.m. aus recycelten Materialien

I love these bags.
  (#122) Old

Default 05-28-2009, 10:48 PM

Picked up the Case Logic mid sized mesenger for netbooks.

Amazon.com: Caselogic XNTM-3 Mid Size eSling (Black): Electronics

Fits my Mini 9 in a sleeve perfectly. Room for charger, iPod, a few cables, my digital camera and some extras. Not too big or small. Very high quality zipper and stitches. Highly recommended.
  (#123) Old

Default 06-04-2009, 11:49 PM

Timbuk2 fits the mini 10 perfectly and is a steal at the outlet site Timbuk2 Metro Bag - '08 Closeout at REI-OUTLET.com

I ordered it a few weeks ago and have an all black bag. Out of three colors they had, they are down to only one color choice now and are selling fast due to the low price, especially for the the Timbuk2 brand. It is an excellent bag, durable and compact.
  (#124) Old

Default 06-07-2009, 01:01 AM

I found a CaseLogic portable DVD player case at Circuit City closeout sale for $10 that is the perfect case for me.

It holds the computer snugly in a heavily padded area & has a pocket large enough to hold the power supple, external HD, & assorted cables & junk.

Dell mini 9, 2GB RAM, 32GB RunCore SSD, OS X (10.6.7)
  (#125) Old

Default 06-07-2009, 03:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegendaryCheez View Post
I have still been playing with the idea of getting a new bag for my mini. Originally, the Maxpedition Colossus Versipack that is mentioned on the first page seems like a phenomenal choice. It is Huge, and is something that I definitely would have considered if it wasn't for the hefty price.

I was looking for something that would fit my needs, as well as look like a manly bag. (Yes, manly, lol. I'm a big guy, so I didn't want something too small.) I also didn't want something too bright...A little bit of color is fine, but red isn't my style, as the Belkin messenger Bag on dell.com would have been great.

So after searching the web for about 45 minutes, I came across the me mini messenger bag:

http://www.mobileedge.com/mens-laptop-b ... enger-bags

It seems like the perfect fit, and I am thinking about ordering it. It comes in a few different colors, but that little line of orange matches my mini theme and padded case 8).

!!!UPDATE!!!

I ended up buying this bag. I was able to find it for 29.99 at the link below. The bag surprised me with its padding, and I don't even feel the need to put my mini in its cushioned sleeve. It is able to hold a large amount of stuff, and has a lot of little compartments. It is made to fit up to 14 inch notebooks, so it is probably a little bigger than what the other bags are. This allows me to fit some schoolbooks in it though. I can easily fit a folder, a composition book, and a smaller novel sized textbook in there with no problem along with my mini and its chords. Alternatively, I can forget all the school stuff and fit my 3.5 inch external hard drive, along with my external slim dvd player.

If anyone would like me to take some pics, let me know. (Preferably with a PM, because I won't be checking this thread too often anymore.)

Mobile Edge, Inc. Mini Messenger, Black/Orange
It's all true. I got this bag straight off of the Dell site when I ordered my Mini for that price. It works fantastically.

Mini 9
Ubuntu 9.04 - Wine 1.0.1 - 1.6 GHz - 1 GB RAM - 64 GB SSD - BT - 1.3 MP Cam - 2x 8 GB SDHC - 4 GB SDHC - 500 GB Toshiba Portable HDD - Mobile Edge Mini Messenger Bag
  (#126) Old

Default 06-08-2009, 02:42 AM

I got the targus citygear 10" netbook bag that on Best buy for 26$. That seems kind of pricey, but I looked at a lot of bags and this was the only one I liked. It is not a clamshell bag, like their sport netbook bag, but just had a padded sleeve for the netbook and a reasonable amount of pockets. I am not keen on clamshells, since I think they can be less secure. I also liked the touches of yellow on the black bag zipper tags. But mostly it was the size and pocket layouts I liked.

Targus - CityGear Netbook Case - Black/Gray - TSM097US
  (#127) Old

Default 07-15-2009, 04:38 AM

Anyone know where I can get this in Canada?

I searched and searched but I was not able to find this.

Thanks,
Jeff

Quote:
Originally Posted by zinite View Post
Picked up the Case Logic mid sized mesenger for netbooks.

Amazon.com: Caselogic XNTM-3 Mid Size eSling (Black): Electronics

Fits my Mini 9 in a sleeve perfectly. Room for charger, iPod, a few cables, my digital camera and some extras. Not too big or small. Very high quality zipper and stitches. Highly recommended.
  (#128) Old

Default Dell Canada - Belkin Mini Messenger 12 - $25 - 08-10-2009, 04:52 PM

Dell : Belkin Inc Jet/Cabernet Messenger Bag- Fits Laptops Up to 12" - Designed for Dell : Laptop/Notebook Accessories : Home & Home Office

Just ordered this based on the favorable reviews on the smaller version. Hopefully the larger size will allow for slightly more accessories to fit. Discount on the bag expires after August 14th.
  (#129) Old

Default 08-10-2009, 07:21 PM

I've been looking for a slim hard case for my mini 9. I can't find anything that really works. Basically, something that you wouldn't worry about your laptop if you sat on it or something heavy fell on it. I've heard of people using poker chip cases but I was wondering if anyone else stumbled on anything nifty.
  (#130) Old

Default hard case - 08-11-2009, 03:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by safemode View Post
I've been looking for a slim hard case for my mini 9. I can't find anything that really works. Basically, something that you wouldn't worry about your laptop if you sat on it or something heavy fell on it. I've heard of people using poker chip cases but I was wondering if anyone else stumbled on anything nifty.
Here, check out this link - Laptop Case for Dell Mini 9 HP 2133 Acer Aspire One HNB - eBay (item 350237530627 end time Aug-10-09 23:19:27 PDT)

or this one -

Black Netbook Mini PC 9" OR 10" Brief Case Bag New - eBay (item 350193318586 end time Aug-19-09 15:30:00 PDT)

or do a search for dell mini 9 case and I am sure you will find similar hard cases.........

Obsidian Black Dell Mini 9 - 2gb ram, 32gb ssd, 1.3mb wc, bt, Windows XP Pro (Yeah!!!)

« How about a Nvidia ION mini pci-e card? | Is it worth purchasing a new WiFi Card? »