External Accessories / Peripherals Discuss any accessories used to enhance your Dell Inspiron Mini experience.

(#1) Old

Default Carrymobile leather case - 11-01-2008, 11:56 PM

http://www.carrymobile.com/scripts/main ... pdaid=MIN9

Received a couple of days ago.

Pros:

it is very nice quality

lovely leather

nice finish certainly looks good quality

Cons:

Holes underneath are too small and too few. I feel like I need to cut a big section out of the case for some cooling.

As the underside of the case is flat, when using the mini9 in the carrymobile case the cooling is not good as it is straight flat on the surface with no raised legs for air flow.

The top part of the case which should protect the screen does not actually connect to the screen. This is quite annoying and a definite design flaw

My opinion: find something better. But what ??
Attached Images
File Type: jpg pdDEMIN9LCBT1BKpc4.jpg (39.1 KB, 1250 views)
  (#2) Old

Default Re: Carrymobile leather case - 11-06-2008, 04:42 PM

I received mine today and agree with sworsley, above. The quality is very good, it looks very classy and it is very reasonably priced, but its design is seriously flawed. The top can be easily attached to the screen lid with a small piece of stick-on velcro, but you have to position it when the top is all the way open otherwise it will leave the latch strap hanging in front of the camera. Another option is to simply fold the top all the way over and underneath when using it, but I fear this will only further impede cooling.

In sum, I agree with sworsley, above, wait for something better.
  (#3) Old

Default Re: Carrymobile leather case - 11-20-2008, 02:29 PM

I thought I would re-visit this topic after using the case for a few weeks. Heat has not been a problem though I have been only using it in the cooler months. The looks is really classy, and so far the floppy top cover has not been an issue for me.

I really do enjoy carrying it from meeting to meeting like a leather bound book. It might even have been more interesting if it had some embossing like a fine book, with a title of a classic novel. I may just contact them about that.

This case is probably not for those looking for armored protection. But like I said it is classy.
  (#4) Old

Default Re: Carrymobile leather case - 11-20-2008, 05:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazz1
I thought I would re-visit this topic after using the case for a few weeks. Heat has not been a problem though I have been only using it in the cooler months. The looks is really classy, and so far the floppy top cover has not been an issue for me.

I really do enjoy carrying it from meeting to meeting like a leather bound book. It might even have been more interesting if it had some embossing like a fine book, with a title of a classic novel. I may just contact them about that.

This case is probably not for those looking for armored protection. But like I said it is classy.
Some book stores do embossing, particularly if they sell bibles.
  (#5) Old

Default Re: Carrymobile leather case - 11-20-2008, 10:50 PM

I had one of these for my Asus and agree that it's classy. But I couldn't stand the leather below the keys. Typing has enough issues on these things and I felt that just made it worse.

There was a very similar one for the Asus that just had tabs that were not obrusive to hold it in place like this one:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Capdase-Clip-Flip-L ... 240%3A1318

I'd be on this on a heartbeat if they came out with it for the Dell.
  (#6) Old

Default Re: Carrymobile leather case - 11-21-2008, 03:46 AM

FYI...

I emailed that seller since I noticed that case available for the HP as well to see if it was coming out for the Dell.

And so it will...in about a week or so.

« Nice Keypad/Mouse Combo | External Battery Charger? »