External Accessories / Peripherals Discuss any accessories used to enhance your Dell Inspiron Mini experience.

(#1) Old

Default Dell Mini 9 European power converter/adapter? - 04-01-2009, 01:28 AM

Hello everyone, I bought my dell mini 9 for a trip to Europe and I was wondering if anyone could help me answer if I need just a power adapter or an actual power converter since I know that in Europe twice as much power is coming out of the wall.

Any help would be appreciated, and perhaps a nudge in the right direction as to where to find these things also...

Thanks!
  (#2) Old

Default Re: Dell Mini 9 European power converter/adapter? - 04-01-2009, 07:18 AM

Hello,
you should check what the input voltage is - my UK version says 100-240V so I will be able to use it in the US with just a physical (plug) adapter. If yours only says 100 you'll need a voltage converter or more cheaply a European power supply.
I'd be surprised if yours won't work internationally.
  (#3) Old

Default Re: Dell Mini 9 European power converter/adapter? - 04-01-2009, 04:39 PM

It's 100-240v on the US adapter too. Just get a US to UK adapter before you go. We just got back from London last week. Worked great!
  (#4) Old

Default Re: Dell Mini 9 European power converter/adapter? - 04-01-2009, 04:44 PM

Sorry, just re-read your post - you're not just headed to the UK...

You can get one of those multi-pack adapters that includes like 4 different once for UK, Europe, Japan, etc. or just get the ones for your specific countries. We got two each for UK and Europe.

A side note, it was cheaper for my wife to get a hair dryer and curling/flat iron in London than to get the travel converters. Then we just needed UK to Europe plug adapters. The converters that were cheap enough to do the voltage conversion didn't do enough wattage for the hair stuff. The ones that did handle the wattage were expensive. We got a hair dryer for 18 GBP and the iron for 14GBP.

« Dell Mini 9 Leather Skin | Smaller power adapter/charger »