External Accessories / Peripherals Discuss any accessories used to enhance your Dell Inspiron Mini experience.

(#1) Old

Default US to Europe Power Question - 10-29-2008, 05:03 AM

I got the Mini 9 to take to Europe with me on my honeymoon so that we would have something small and portable so we could plan our trip on the go keep in touch with friends and family while we are gone. I traveled Europe several years before but I don't remember taking any electronics, so my question is: what kind of power adapter do I need for my travels, that will work pretty much anywhere we go? I have been looking on ebay and found an incredible amount of gadgets that claim to work everywhere, but I would like some genuine euro advice.

An ebay link to a product you suggest would be just amazing. Thanks in advance.
  (#2) Old

Default Re: US to Europe Power Question - 10-29-2008, 05:55 AM

Generall you are dealing with twice the power coming out of the wall 220/240 versus the 120 in North America. However the power adapter that comes with the Dell mini should be good for 120 up to 240, it is a netbook for trabellers after all.

So all you really need is the right plug adapter. In most continental European countries they kinda look like the North American plugs, only that the two metal sticks are round and not flat. (and the distance is slightly different between the sticks). IN the UK you are dealign with an oversized three prong plug.

These plugs should be available even in a Dollar-Store. I just bought a few for a buck each. However you can also go with the fancy travel pack of power plugs from Samsonite or some other firm.

« The Story of how I got 2 free bags from Dell | Installing External USB Modem »