External Accessories / Peripherals Discuss any accessories used to enhance your Dell Inspiron Mini experience.

(#11) Old

Default Re: GPS navigation software thread - 04-01-2009, 07:34 AM

We put a short video together describing the basic features of Overland Navigator. Hope it is helpful in answering some of the questions I've received.

YouTube - Overland Navigator - Overview
  (#12) Old

Default Re: GPS navigation software thread - 04-04-2009, 08:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brewster
I have both Delorme and Streets & Trips on my laptop, and I think both have a few pluses and minuses. My experience has been the Delorme display is somewhat less cluttered, but S&T is more accurate. The biggest problem with both is the ridiculous cost of updated maps. Charging the same full price for a yearly updated map as for the entire application is totally bogus, imo.
MSRP of Microsoft Streets and Trips is $39.95, and it is often sold for a lot less. The same goes for DeLorme Street Atlas. I think that is quite reasonable price. Some users are mistakenly under the impression that they need to buy a new software/hardware bundle each year - yeah, that indeed would become costly - but if you already own a GPS receiver that works with your laptop, all that you need is the new software version.

There are other PC GPS software programs that work well with your Dell Mini: List of Netbook GPS Software
  (#13) Old

Default Re: GPS navigation software thread - 04-28-2009, 10:41 PM

We've added Overland Navigator regional Map-packs covering the rest of the Western US to our webstore (http://spatialminds.com). Regional Map-packs include 1:250k, 1:100k, and 1:24k USGS Topos for a region.

We now have support for the following regional Map-packs available:
Washington
Oregon
California North
California Central
California South
Nevada
Arizona
Utah
Montana North
Montana South
Wyoming
Colorado
New Mexico
North Dakota
South Dakota
Nebraska
Kansas
Oklahoma
Texas
Mid-Atlantic Region (District of Columbia, Virginia, West Virginia, Maryland, and Delaware).

Satellite Imagery Packs and US Wide Packs (1:250/1:100k only) packs are also available.

Additional Regional Map-Packs are on their way...

« cheap good wireless mouse | What is the smallest (footprint size) external hard drive? »