External Accessories / Peripherals Discuss any accessories used to enhance your Dell Inspiron Mini experience.

(#1) Old

Default The Story of how I got 2 free bags from Dell - 10-16-2008, 07:35 PM

On September 17,I ordered my Mini with a black timbuk2 bag and an external DVD drive.

The mini came exactly 2 weeks later,but the bag/drive had an estimated ship date of Nov 13th. This day,Oct 1 I guess it was,I got a call from Dell,asking me about my accessories. I said something like "What accessories? They dont ship for another month and a half,and im kinda displeased with that." So talking to the guy,he did 2 things. He switched my order to a Red bag,and he supposedly changed the warehouse that the drive came from so I get both of them a lot sooner. He "canceled" my order for both items.

So life was grand.

Untill like a week later,Dell calls again to check up on me. Turns out,the black bag wasnt canceled,and I was charged both,and was also,suposed to have received both by then. Example of why DHL really sucks. He gave me a credit for one of them,and told me I could order a Black bag and get it soon. So I did that. Guess I wasnt charged extra for it. Still didnt get the drive.

Life was still kinda grand,now I can get the black bag I want.

Untill a few days later,Dell called,again,about the DVD drive,it was really backordered,so I told her to cancel my DVD drive,since I was kinda broke at the time,she wanted me to order a different one. This was this past monday actually,and I just got paid wednesday,yesterday.

Ok,now life is just starting to get annoying.

Yesterday,Dell calls,tells me the black bag is backordered,wanted me to change to the Red one,again. If you are keeping track,its bag number 4. So I did this,and in a period of a few hours,I cash my check,and go to Walmart. What do I find? I go to electronics to pick up a copy of the new Indiana Jones movie,I walk past the portable DVD player display,above that is a collection of bags for them. So what do I do,I pick up one for Targus and buy it. I go home,email that person from Dell to cancel my order. She called me a little while later,told me it already shipped and that she will just give me a credit for it,since it would cost more to send it back.

My mom comes home later,with the mail. Guess what,a Red Timbuk2 bag from DHL.
Today I come home from work,in between my 2 doors was another red Timbuk2 bag from FedEx Express

I havent checked the bank statement,but I was supposedly not charged for anything. Dell knows I have the latter one I canceled,but I never told them I got the older one I ordered shipped via DHL.

I am actually wondered how much credit they gave me,I might've actually came out with more than I went into. I am gonna check tomorrow.

In any case,I have these 2 bags im probably gonna sell on ebay if anyone wants them. TBH,I dont like the timbuk2 bags. This Targus bag fits the Mini,AC adapter,mouse,external HDD,cables,and should have room for the LG slim DVD drive I ordered off newegg yesterday. The timbuk2 bag barely has room for the AC adapter in the front pocket,and cant really fit much in with the Mini. I do admit they look kewler tho.

So basically,that is the story of how I accidentally scammed Dell,but they deserve it,since the people in their customer service department are not very intelligent.

Mini Gaming Addict List of Playable Games Current Favorite: Darwinia
*Sold My Mini 9*
  (#2) Old

Default Re: The Story of how I got 2 free bags from Dell - 10-16-2008, 10:10 PM

sweet, now use the link in my sig to remap your keyboard so you can start using the apostrophe key. Please.
  (#3) Old
Guru

Send a message via AIM to UnaClocker Send a message via Yahoo to UnaClocker
Default Re: The Story of how I got 2 free bags from Dell - 10-17-2008, 02:43 AM

hehehe, I enjoy using the funky located ' key. Keeps the typing experience interesting.
I'll check out that Targus bag at walmart. Was half considering sewing up my own little bag. We shall see.

Tired of wondering if your Mini9 is doing ANYTHING? - Add a HDD Activity LED
  (#4) Old

Default Re: The Story of how I got 2 free bags from Dell - 10-17-2008, 04:03 AM

I dont use the ' any less on the mini than I would on my desktop. Its how I normally type.

dont be a grammer cop its the interwebs,correct grammer does not exist here

Mini Gaming Addict List of Playable Games Current Favorite: Darwinia
*Sold My Mini 9*
  (#5) Old
Expert Member

Default Re: The Story of how I got 2 free bags from Dell - 10-17-2008, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by teeth_03
...its the interwebs,correct grammer does not exist here
:lol:
All that is necessary for bad grammar to succeed is for good men to do nothing.

Inspiron Duo: Win7 Pro 32-Bit, Intel 6200 Wifi Upgrade
Former Inspiron Mini 9 Owner, Modder, Enthusiast
  (#6) Old

Default Re: The Story of how I got 2 free bags from Dell - 10-17-2008, 03:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by teeth_03
I dont use the ' any less on the mini than I would on my desktop. Its how I normally type.

dont be a grammer cop its the interwebs,correct grammer does not exist here
I'm not being a grammar cop. I didn't dissect your horrible sentence structure. I pointed out that fixing it would make your run on post a bit more readable.
  (#7) Old

Default Re: The Story of how I got 2 free bags from Dell - 10-17-2008, 07:39 PM

It has nothing to do about grammar, but the readability of your post. Having no space after the ',' is unconventional and thusly makes it more difficult to read.

Just to note that I'm not upset enough about your comma usage to make a post. I wanted to point out what I was thinking medicThree was bringing attention to.
  (#8) Old

Default Re: The Story of how I got 2 free bags from Dell - 10-24-2008, 12:57 PM

Ahhhh, the joys of Dell customer service and DHL. Who could want for anything more? :roll:

« Short USB Cables | US to Europe Power Question »