External Accessories / Peripherals Discuss any accessories used to enhance your Dell Inspiron Mini experience.

(#1) Old

Default cheapest external dvd rw drive , keyboard and mouse? - 01-26-2009, 11:29 AM

anyone knows which external dvd rw is cheapest and best for money?
what about blutooth mouse and keyboard?
money is very important for me!
  (#2) Old

Default Re: cheapest external dvd rw drive , keyboard and mouse? - 01-26-2009, 07:58 PM

no one knows?
  (#3) Old

Default Re: cheapest external dvd rw drive , keyboard and mouse? - 01-26-2009, 08:12 PM

I would recommend you search on NewEgg.com. Everything is rated by end-users, so you can get a feel for how well they work.

I couldn't recommend BT mouse/keyboard, but I know they'll cost more than otherwise. I use the Microsoft Wireless 3000 ( http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... 6823109042 ) at home and work and am a big fan of it. One USB connection gives you both, they're comfortable, and they're cheap.

As for the DVD drive, couldn't give you a suggestion on a specific drive. I have an external LITEON which has worked well. It is always powered on and I have a long USB cord plugged into it for easy reach whenever I need it. So far so good.

Hope this helps.

There are a lot of helpful and knowledgeable people on these forums, but we all have different (and many, busy) schedules, so be patient when you ask for a suggestion or help.

Good luck. And post back what you buy and how you like it--it'll help the next guy/gal looking for one.

Jeff

Mini 9 | Black | 32GB RunCore SSD | 2GB RAM | .3MP cam
Windows 7 Home Premium
  (#4) Old

Default Re: cheapest external dvd rw drive , keyboard and mouse? - 01-26-2009, 08:27 PM

thanks and excuse me
  (#5) Old
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to MoInSTL Send a message via MSN to MoInSTL Send a message via Yahoo to MoInSTL
Default Re: cheapest external dvd rw drive , keyboard and mouse? - 01-29-2009, 03:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saeeedah
The cheapest? if you don't need brand new you may want to check out Craig's List. I found a slim, USB CD-RW for $10. I have a DVD burner on my desktop so this will be for booting only. It took me over a week to find one but can't beat ten bucks! I pick it up tomorrow.

Studio 15 1558| Black Chainlink| i5-520M, |4GB RAM |500 GB HD@7200 |ATI HD 4570, 512K|Backlit|9 Cell|Web Cam|Windows 7 Professional x64
  (#6) Old

Default Re: cheapest external dvd rw drive , keyboard and mouse? - 01-29-2009, 07:09 AM

I have this external dvd drive http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... 6827151178 I don't know if it is the cheapest but it works great. It runs on usb power only.
  (#7) Old

Default Re: cheapest external dvd rw drive , keyboard and mouse? - 02-02-2009, 04:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by i has mini
I have this external dvd drive http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... 6827151178 I don't know if it is the cheapest but it works great. It runs on usb power only.
Have you tried booting off the usb powered external drive? I'm thinking of booting a live ubuntu cd in an external drive.

Mini9 - A04 - Dell Ubuntu 8.04 - 512 mb ram - 8 gb SSD - 16 gb SDHC
  (#8) Old
Expert Member

Default Re: cheapest external dvd rw drive , keyboard and mouse? - 02-02-2009, 05:33 PM

KB/Mouse combos are common, but not bundled with external DVD/CDRs, which is covered in various threads here.

Google shopping is always fun.

Inspiron Duo: Win7 Pro 32-Bit, Intel 6200 Wifi Upgrade
Former Inspiron Mini 9 Owner, Modder, Enthusiast
  (#9) Old

Default Re: cheapest external dvd rw drive , keyboard and mouse? - 02-02-2009, 08:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saeeedah
Craigslist.org and ebay.com are going to be your best friends here. Search around and first figure out what you actually like then see if you can find it on either of these sights. I have a rocketfish bluetooth keyboard and mouse combo that cost $90 at best buy, but I picked up a display model off ebay for $27. I understand that cheap is key here, but make sure it is a product that is going to be dependable and work for you. As someone else suggested check out places like newegg.com and tigerdirect.com to get customer reviews.

Red Dell Mini 9, 64GB Runcore ssd, 2GB ram, os X 10.5.6, bluetooth, camera. The Dell mini is the greatest thing since sliced bread!

« EXTERNAL MINI PCIE ADAPTER? | External drive »