External Accessories / Peripherals Discuss any accessories used to enhance your Dell Inspiron Mini experience.

(#1) Old

Question Wireless Mouse&Keyboard - 04-21-2011, 11:51 AM

I just connected a VGA (RGB) cable and stereo mini jack cable from Mini 910 to Vizio tv using the tv manual of all things It worked first try and I love it.
BUT....I have the cables strung out across the floor.
If I shop for a wireless keyboard and mouse so that I could just use a 2' cable would that do the trick?
Is there any certain power I have to shop for?
For instance I love this little mouse JetTech 2093 Mini High Precision Wireless USB Scroll Wheel Optical Mouse - DinoDirect.com but would it be powerful enough to reach say....15'?
Oh, and am I shopping for wireless or laser?
  (#2) Old
Administrator

Default 04-21-2011, 09:14 PM

Do you have Bluetooth in the Mini? Bluetooth keyboards and mice typically have a 30 foot range or better. But you may be able to make a decent keyboard and mouse work with standard wireless. I'd recommend the Logitech models that have a "unifying" receiver so you need only one receiver for both devices. I am very fond of the Logitech MK710 combo (available from Costco for a good price), but it is probably a bit unwieldy for couch potato use.

Steve
Mini 9|2GB RAM|64GB RunCore|Intel 5300|Windows 10
  (#3) Old

Question Keyboard&Mouse - 04-22-2011, 01:03 PM

Morning,

No, I don't have Bluetooth.

I've decided to try the MK520. It says long range. Thanks for the tip about the unifying.

I have one more concern. I see the MK520 has software with it.

I'm wondering if it is going to overload, in some way, the Mini 9's performance and then I wouldn't even be able to stream shows?

I'm using this as a replacement since we can't get cable.
  (#4) Old
Administrator

Default 04-22-2011, 02:30 PM

The software is not an issue. It lets you set up the unifying receiver (though I think you can get by without the software), provides button customization and battery level messages. It doesn't slow you down.

Steve
Mini 9|2GB RAM|64GB RunCore|Intel 5300|Windows 10
  (#5) Old

Default 04-22-2011, 02:55 PM

Acers; I've begun to load Ubuntu on my classrooms Acers. Before loading the wireless internet worked and the light showing it was on worked. After loading the light is out and we can't get the computers to connect. Any ideas? Have followed the tutorials and none worked.
  (#6) Old

Thumbs up Thanks - 04-22-2011, 04:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by holmes4 View Post
The software is not an issue. It lets you set up the unifying receiver (though I think you can get by without the software), provides button customization and battery level messages. It doesn't slow you down.
Thank you so much. I guess I'm good to go now.

« ASUS 8X USB 2.0 Slim External DVD Burner $25 after $10 Rebate + Free Shipping! | External Speaker »