External Accessories / Peripherals Discuss any accessories used to enhance your Dell Inspiron Mini experience.

(#11) Old

Default 09-04-2009, 04:39 AM

I ordered a couple of the DealExtreme BT mini dongles for 3 bucks as well, but they did not work with my OS X hackintoshed Dell Mini 9.

Instead I got this iogear guy for 15 bucks or so on amazon.

OS X sees it and uses it right away, no drivers needed. Seems to be one for the few micro dongles that works with Mac OX right out of the box.
  (#12) Old
Expert Member

Default 09-06-2009, 05:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkoo View Post
I ordered a couple of the DealExtreme BT mini dongles for 3 bucks as well, but they did not work with my OS X hackintoshed Dell Mini 9.
I know I mentioned it in another mini dongle thread. They (DealExtreme) changed suppliers or the supplier changed chipset and the latest ones don't work with OS X. But there are $5.xx (or maybe 6.xx) priced ones that do. Just do a search on DealExtreme.com for BT dongle and read the reviews for ones that work with OS X. The cheap one does work with Windows though if you're looking to get one for that.

Mini1: Vostro A90, Black, 2G, 1.3 Webcam, Bluetooth, 64G SuperTalent, OS X 10.6.4
Mini2: Mini9, Black, 2G, 0.3 Webcam, Bluetooth, 32G RunCore, OS X/Win 7, internal PCI-e SHDC Reader
Mini3: Mini10v. Black, 2G, Webcam, 640G HD, OS X 10.5.8/Win 7/Ubuntu [Hibernate w/NBI 0.8.3 RC4]
Dropbox Referral

« Kensington and IGo tips for the Mini | [REQUEST] Decal Girl to make a Dell Mini 9 Skin »