External Accessories / Peripherals Discuss any accessories used to enhance your Dell Inspiron Mini experience.

(#21) Old

Default Re: Who is intrested in an EXTERNAL battery charger? - 01-16-2009, 06:49 PM

progress is slow...... please be patient guys. ops:

white Mini 9 W/ 2gb ram, 16gb ssd, bluetooth, 1.3mp webcam
  (#22) Old

Default Re: Who is intrested in an EXTERNAL battery charger? - 01-17-2009, 08:09 AM

Now That I have 2 batterys, having an external would be ... AWESOME!!

Mini 9: Black, WinXP, 2GB GSkill RAM, 16GB STEC SSD, Intel 5300 a/b/g/n, BlueTooth, 8 cell battery (11hr runtime)
  (#23) Old

Default Re: Who is intrested in an EXTERNAL battery charger? - 02-03-2009, 12:31 AM

i would take one
  (#24) Old

Default Re: Who is intrested in an EXTERNAL battery charger? - 02-04-2009, 03:51 AM

I'd wait to see if it works/doesn't cook any batteries first... but, assuming it works without problems, I'd buy one.
  (#25) Old

Default Re: Who is intrested in an EXTERNAL battery charger? - 02-04-2009, 02:14 PM

It would be great if you could include the option for a 12V DC input. That way you have an option to charge your spare battery when in the car. I appreciate this would add a level of complexity to the circuitry to step up the voltage and may rule out the option. But just a thought if you’re still in the early stages.
Also a charge indicator row of say 4 LEDS would be helpfull if posible.

Count me in
  (#26) Old

Default Re: Who is intrested in an EXTERNAL battery charger? - 02-04-2009, 02:51 PM

I like the car charging capability also. Now, all I need is a 2nd battery to use this charger!

So, where is everyone getting the extra batteries? From Dell, ebay, or other source?

cohoman

Dell Mini 9 Web Blog: http://dellmini.wordpress.com
  (#27) Old

Default Re: Who is intrested in an EXTERNAL battery charger? - 02-05-2009, 05:41 AM

An external battery charger could be nice, but I wouldn't get one. I'd be more likely to buy a second Mini for from the outlet instead. Dual Mini 9s side-by-side (black & white). That'd make for a good pic.
  (#28) Old

Default Re: Who is intrested in an EXTERNAL battery charger? - 02-05-2009, 12:40 PM

I would buy one.
  (#29) Old

Default Re: Who is intrested in an EXTERNAL battery charger? - 02-09-2009, 04:13 PM

OK a mad thought, but would it be posible to use a spare battery to power the Mini 9 via the DC Plug?
Your thinking why would you do that? why not just swap the battery?
Well yes you could but that involves shutting down the OS to swap the internal battery I dont have the Hibernate turned on due to the 2GB image requirment to use it.

In efect converting a second standard Dell battery into an External laptop battery extender like this..
http://skybox-usa.com/Universal-Rech...B000HWZK60.htm

Like I say a mad thought but thought I would throw the idea in the pot..
  (#30) Old

Default Re: Who is intrested in an EXTERNAL battery charger? - 02-11-2009, 06:43 PM

Hi,

I am also interested in the external batty charger [for under $50]. Will it also be able to charge the higher capacity battery packs?

Thanks...

« 3-in-1 USB dock houses fan, DVD drive, 2.5" drive bay | Using Mini as a dumb terminal, Keyboard out, Video in. »