External Accessories / Peripherals Discuss any accessories used to enhance your Dell Inspiron Mini experience.

(#1) Old
Founder

Send a message via Skype™ to Dunhamzzz
Default Lets Talk Mice - 09-22-2008, 10:55 AM

One thing I will definitely be getting for my Mini is a decent cordless mouse, probably just for when I set my system down for anchor at the office desk!

Im currently stalking the Logitech v470 which is in a sweet blue colour, (also available in white) and connects via bluetooth, so no dongle to carry around! I also like to feel I'm making the most of what I've got,so I think the convenience of not dragging a dongle around for a mouse justifys paying that little bit extra for BT if its not included in your base package.

Its also only £29 for a laser mouse which isn't bad itself.

I have to admit I am loyal to Logitech as I think their kit is great. Are their any other recommendations for mice?

Please do not send me support requests via PM.
  (#2) Old

Default Re: Lets Talk Mice - 09-22-2008, 12:54 PM

This is definitely something I would consider buying, my old USB Logitech mouse was nice and compact, but constantly wrapping the connecting wire around itself when packing away caused the it to come loose and eventually pull apart slightly and stop working.

With the v470 there is no wire and no dongle as you say, so there would be no need to plug in anything at all (except power maybe) - saving vital seconds when packing away at the end of the day!
  (#3) Old

Default Re: Lets Talk Mice - 09-22-2008, 03:19 PM

I have the v470, it feels very good in your hand... i actually havent used it yet, hopefully my mini arrives today so i can try it out! I dont like the fact it doesn't have a back button tho... out of haste i bought the Microsoft Bluetooth Notebook Mouse 5000 after i got the logitech because it does have a back button... but doesnt feel as good,, ill know more when i try them both out...

mark
  (#4) Old
Founder

Send a message via Skype™ to Dunhamzzz
Default Re: Lets Talk Mice - 09-22-2008, 03:45 PM

Notably there's side scroll functionality on the Logitech mouse, so you could configure that to be back/forward instead.

I'm using a Logitech Laser mx1000 at work with a side scroll and the official configuration utility is advanced enough (yet very easy to use I might add) to let you edit which each button does, including the left/right scroll buttons (ok, so its more of a nudge left/right)

Just goto logitech.com and download the latest drivers/software for the mouse model, install and voila!
Problem Solved

Please do not send me support requests via PM.
  (#5) Old

Default Re: Lets Talk Mice - 09-22-2008, 05:31 PM

Thanks for the tip, i never thought about that....

EDIT-- my mini is on the delivery truck as i write this!! along with a wireless router...

mark
  (#6) Old

Default Re: Lets Talk Mice - 09-23-2008, 11:14 AM

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000TG4BA0

Got this one for $21.99 shipped (after using Bill Me Later for a $5 discount).
  (#7) Old

Send a message via MSN to Matt
Default Re: Lets Talk Mice - 09-23-2008, 11:26 AM

I'm being old school for the time being and using the pad :lol:

My dad has the Logitech VX Nano mouse at home for his laptop so will give that a go and see what its like.

Someone from work has said something about being able to get a £3-£5 mouse from Sainsbury's which is meant to be pretty good also.
  (#8) Old

Default Re: Lets Talk Mice - 09-23-2008, 01:09 PM

anybody got any experiences with logitech v220? i got it for free with my dell mini. well technically will be getting it for free (still waitin on my mini).
  (#9) Old

Default Re: Lets Talk Mice - 09-23-2008, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt
Someone from work has said something about being able to get a £3-£5 mouse from Sainsbury's which is meant to be pretty good also.
Is this a bluetooth mouse or requires a dongle?

Either way, I am probably more likely to spend that bit more on something that is better manufactured due to past experience.

You could buy five at £5 each and they last 2 months, or one for £25 that will last the same amount of time, I know which option I would prefer!
  (#10) Old

Send a message via MSN to Matt
Default Re: Lets Talk Mice - 09-23-2008, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by route35
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt
Is this a bluetooth mouse or requires a dongle?

Either way, I am probably more likely to spend that bit more on something that is better manufactured due to past experience.

You could buy five at £5 each and they last 2 months, or one for £25 that will last the same amount of time, I know which option I would prefer!
umm I believe that the mouse is a wired mouse unfortuantly

« Is sgpstore.com alive? | Smaller SD Card? »