External Accessories / Peripherals Discuss any accessories used to enhance your Dell Inspiron Mini experience.

(#71) Old

Default Re: Lets Talk Mice - 02-22-2009, 10:33 PM

I'm really liking the MS bluetooth mouse, have been using it everyday. I'm not getting any sounds from the scroll wheel, it's pretty much silent. It connects immediately when I boot up the mini.
  (#72) Old

Default Re: Lets Talk Mice - 02-22-2009, 10:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fallstar
I'm really liking the MS bluetooth mouse, have been using it everyday. I'm not getting any sounds from the scroll wheel, it's pretty much silent. It connects immediately when I boot up the mini.
I probably bought something broken. It is true-the mice is nice and fits in hand perfectly-only that wheel sound was problem to me
  (#73) Old

Default Re: Lets Talk Mice - 02-23-2009, 12:31 AM

I bought the Dell BT mouse when I bought my mini. Works great!!
  (#74) Old

Default Re: Lets Talk Mice - 03-11-2009, 06:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fallstar
Now that I've installed the bluetooth module in my Mini, I needed something to test it, so I bought the Microsoft Bluetooth Notebook Mouse 5000. It's a similar size to my other MS notebook mice (that come with the USB receiver), light weight and portable. After letting the Mini discover the mouse and install drivers, it works great! I love that it's black and white, so it goes nicely with my black/white Mini. It also came with a small neoprene case.
i am contemplating buying this one. i like the style of it and that its bluetooth so i wouldnt really need to have anything attached. but i dont know if i will end up buying it because my vx nano works perfectly fine. damn my gadgetlust.

on a related note, has anyone gotten this same mouse working with ubuntu?
  (#75) Old

Default Re: Lets Talk Mice - 03-11-2009, 02:53 PM

I paired one no name bluetooth mice (see my post above) and logitech V470 (that i use with my macbook)-no problem (have dell mini with ubuntu). So, i suppose that all bluetooth mices will work just fine. Anyway, you will have problem if you are pairing mice with two computers-then you need to deactivate the mice in one comp. and do some restart/repairing-but eventually, everything will be ok....
  (#76) Old

Default Re: Lets Talk Mice - 03-11-2009, 03:23 PM

I just bought a Logitech V470 bluetooth mouse and paired it with a cheap tiny bluetooth dongle with my mini-9 running OSX. Just played with it last night and it works well. Though I haven't had it very long, I'm very pleased so far.

Onc nice thing about the v470 is that it takes the more common AA batteries instead of AAA. I usually have several rechargeable AAs with me when I travel.

Mini-9 | 2 GB RAM | 32 GB RunCore | 1.3 Mp Webcam
  (#77) Old

Default Re: Lets Talk Mice - 03-11-2009, 05:12 PM

Used to be I couldn't leave the house without a pack of AA batteries on me, and I'd have a spare battery or two stashed with or taped to or in the case of every electronic device I might want to carry.

His: Obsidian Mini-9: Karmic UNR w/ Vbox-XP, 2gb, 32gb STEC, 16gb Transcend(6), US-INTL, sgpstore carbon
Hers: Arctic Mini-9: Dell Ubuntu, 1gb, 16gb STEC, 8gb SDHC(6)
Are you a Help Vampire?
  (#78) Old

Default BT vs Other Wireless Mice - 03-18-2009, 05:50 AM

Assuming I don't have built-in BT (which I don't), what is the advantage (if any) of a BT mouse over a normal wireless one? I can see the advantage with built-in BT to go dongle-less, but otherwise, I don't see any difference?

Any difference in battery life (drain on PC) for BT vs other wireless?

Thanks.
  (#79) Old

Default Re: BT vs Other Wireless Mice - 03-19-2009, 05:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gadgetlover
Assuming I don't have built-in BT (which I don't), what is the advantage (if any) of a BT mouse over a normal wireless one? I can see the advantage with built-in BT to go dongle-less, but otherwise, I don't see any difference?

Any difference in battery life (drain on PC) for BT vs other wireless?

Thanks.
Did some research and besides the dongle issue, there's really no great benefit to BT that I can see. Range, but on a 8.9" screen, I don't think I'd be venturing too far away from my mini w/my mouse.

Picked up a notebook optical wireless mouse built by HP from Staples. $10. Looks and feels good, not too small, but dongle isn't nano-sized.
  (#80) Old

Default Re: Lets Talk Mice - 03-19-2009, 04:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by notywtr
I just bought a Logitech V470 bluetooth mouse and paired it with a cheap tiny bluetooth dongle with my mini-9 running OSX. Just played with it last night and it works well. Though I haven't had it very long, I'm very pleased so far.

Onc nice thing about the v470 is that it takes the more common AA batteries instead of AAA. I usually have several rechargeable AAs with me when I travel.
$2.59 shipped?! What's the catch?

« Is sgpstore.com alive? | Smaller SD Card? »