External Accessories / Peripherals Discuss any accessories used to enhance your Dell Inspiron Mini experience.

(#51) Old
Expert Member

Default Re: Lets Talk Mice - 01-20-2009, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by helius
I've heard the argument that bluetooth mice are jumpy because there's too much overhead, and the one I owned was jumpy. Anybody with a bluetooth mouse care to comment on that?
I haven't seen that with my Dell BT Travel mouse, and I play Quake 2 with it.
(It's a Logitech at heart, but I'm not sure what model it's based on.)

I was concerned that it might get choppy while I was connected to my phone, but I haven't even seen THAT occur yet.
I've been impressed with the BT setup so far, although I've gone back to the standard BT drivers from the hacked BT setup because for it's "bloat" it's the most versatile.

Inspiron Duo: Win7 Pro 32-Bit, Intel 6200 Wifi Upgrade
Former Inspiron Mini 9 Owner, Modder, Enthusiast
  (#52) Old

Default Re: Lets Talk Mice - 01-20-2009, 05:07 PM

Too bad Dell didn't make a red version of their mouse. I'd really love a red one to go with my mini, but I may end up getting the black one instead.
  (#53) Old
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to MoInSTL Send a message via MSN to MoInSTL Send a message via Yahoo to MoInSTL
Default Re: Lets Talk Mice - 01-21-2009, 03:23 AM

Another VX450 Nano mouse user by Logitech. The receiver is so tiny I just leave it in the USB port near the AC input. The mouse came with 2 batteries that gives it a solid feel. It has a tiny on/off button on the bottom.

Studio 15 1558| Black Chainlink| i5-520M, |4GB RAM |500 GB HD@7200 |ATI HD 4570, 512K|Backlit|9 Cell|Web Cam|Windows 7 Professional x64
  (#54) Old

Default Re: Lets Talk Mice - 01-21-2009, 01:39 PM

Has anyone tried and compared different mice with "NANO" receivers? Ive had my VX Nano for quite some time now, but Im interested in trying something new if there are better alternatives.
  (#55) Old

Default Re: Lets Talk Mice - 01-27-2009, 02:41 PM

The problem I am having is I am not sure of the actual sizes of many of these bluetooth mice. I have gone to best buy and other places locally, but there selection obviously doesn't include every mouse available. I use my mini while completely on the go so I am looking for ultimate portability. I want something I can just throw in my coat pocket and not look like I have a huge bulg or feel like I am carrying a normal size mouse around. I know everyones different, but for me the mini 9 is for ultimate portability, so I want the accessories to be the same. Right now I am just using a usb wired belkin mouse I picked up from Target that they sell with the eee pc's. It's super tiny, like put 3 quarter's together and that's the length tiny), but I really would like to find a bluetooth mouse of comparable size (I would really like bluetooth laser). Can anyone tell me what's one of the smallest bluetooth available that is also a quality mouse? I have found a few small ones on ebay, but they are no names and being sent out from china.
I guess my problem is you can't get any idea of size just from a picture that shows the mouse itself, so maybe some of you have looked at or even own some of the smaller size mice and can throw some ideas my way.

Here is the one I am using for the moment: (I got it in red, purple was the image on the website :mrgreen: )

Red Dell Mini 9, 64GB Runcore ssd, 2GB ram, os X 10.5.6, bluetooth, camera. The Dell mini is the greatest thing since sliced bread!
  (#56) Old

Default Re: Lets Talk Mice - 01-27-2009, 10:40 PM

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 0345487830
This mice is very small, but i find it very practical-Quality is ok, wheel is silent, i like it very much...
  (#57) Old
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to MoInSTL Send a message via MSN to MoInSTL Send a message via Yahoo to MoInSTL
Default Re: Lets Talk Mice - 01-29-2009, 03:37 AM

Quote:
Too bad Dell didn't make a red version of their mouse. I'd really love a red one to go with my mini, but I may end up getting the black one instead.
I saw this. Dell 5-Button Bluetooth Travel Mouse - Cherry Red High Gloss

Studio 15 1558| Black Chainlink| i5-520M, |4GB RAM |500 GB HD@7200 |ATI HD 4570, 512K|Backlit|9 Cell|Web Cam|Windows 7 Professional x64
  (#58) Old

Default Re: Lets Talk Mice - 01-29-2009, 06:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoInSTL
Quote:
I saw this. Dell 5-Button Bluetooth Travel Mouse - Cherry Red High Gloss
Hmm... glad I waited! Does anybody know if these are laser, or optical? I'm debating getting one of these or just sticking with my VX Revolution.
  (#59) Old

Default Re: Lets Talk Mice - 01-31-2009, 04:25 AM

So I took the plunge today and purchased one of these:
http://cgi.ebay.com/Mini-Wireless-Bluet ... 1|294%3A50

I am sure it won't be of the high quality of maybe some of the other mice available, but I just couldn't find a mouse that was bluetooth and at the same time super small. Most of the ones that were titled mini or travel at the store, were still bulkier then what I was wanting.

This one measure in at just 3" long x 1.6" wide x 1" tall, so it is the about the smallest I could find that I feel would still fit my needs.

Anyway, as soon as it comes in I will write up an honest review to hopefully have something available to those that are looking for something super compact that is still usable.

Red Dell Mini 9, 64GB Runcore ssd, 2GB ram, os X 10.5.6, bluetooth, camera. The Dell mini is the greatest thing since sliced bread!
  (#60) Old

Default Re: Lets Talk Mice - 02-01-2009, 08:59 PM

I just got the Logitech V450 Nano. With the little nub USB. I love it. You can leave the nub in all the time if you want. I hate those USB big dongles. It seems to work great.

« Is sgpstore.com alive? | Smaller SD Card? »